Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:46:48 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Aminityville Horror II (I think I spelt it right) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Aminityville Horror II (I think I spelt it right)  (Read 3343 times)
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« on: May 02, 2008, 11:40:07 AM »

I was watching this on Chiller TV a few nights ago and saw up to the part where the older brother went into the basement (after his family left and things were flying around (the suitcase coming out of a room towards his head, I would would have left the house after that) and noises were coming out of the walls) and lifted the fake wall and went under the house(???) and saw the arm in the wall.  What the heck was up with that?  What does the arm signify and was that block archway a shrine???  I need answers or I will not sleep at night.

Any help would be appreciated.

Later,

John
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 10:10:07 AM by JPickettIII » Logged

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 02:09:41 PM »

I am surprised that there are no responses.  I would figure someone would know.  I will look into this.  Maybe the director just threw it in to make us go, "What?!?!?"

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Menard
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 06:07:37 PM »

I am surprised that there are no responses.  I would figure someone would know.  I will look into this.  Maybe the director just threw it in to make us go, "What?!?!?"

Later,

John

Trying to make sense out of this movie is like looking to the West for a sunrise; it just ain't gonna happen.

Keep in mind that this film is a prequel to the original. The major element used for the possession was the son's walkman, a device which did not exist in the time-frame set for the film. The cars used in the film were all current the year the movie was made. Critics had a field day with this movie, and those of us who refused to listen the first time, and went to see it, were joining in the choir half way through this wretched experience.

If the film-makers had no concern for any time elements, or any other element of this film, what makes you think that anything in means anything?

The only thing this movie did was to give Burt Young yet another opportunity to play an ass; and I'm certain this is one that is not included on his resume.
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 08:33:24 PM »

I was watching this on Chiller TV a few nights ago and saw up to the part where the older brother went into the basement (after his family left and things were flying around (the suitcase coming out of a room towards his head, I would would have left the house after that) and noises were coming out of the walls) and lifted the fake wall and went under the house(???) and saw the arm in the wall.  What the heck was up with that?  What does the arm signify and was that block archway a shrine???  I need answers or I will not sleep at night.

Any help would be appreciated.

Later,

John

I don't know if this helps with movie logic or not-but the Ammityville house story was revealed to be a fake.  Nobody whose lived in the house since that one couple has reported any supernatural occurances, The husband and wife would tell different/contradicitng stories when questioned alone, and some other stuff. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 04:48:28 AM »

Being a criminal justice major and in the last stretch of my classes, the DeFeo Family murders are just one of the many case studies I've had to look at. One of my professors who teaches forensics, loves this case because there is so much hype around it, but as with all cases it can be broken down and explained with science. Whenever there is a crime that has certain elements of what society deems 'evil', such as the Albert Fish (the boogeyman in grey) case, the story becomes sensationalized. I'm not saying that the acts commited by these people weren't evil or wrong, but some cases get more attention than others and The DeFeo family murders are a prime example. A house is just a house even if something horrible happened within its walls, hollywood just happened to make a buck off of this one... and many others.
When most people think of the Ammityville house, they think of the movie and I doubt that if many actually even know what really went on in the house. Anymore the statement "based on a true story" is used so loosely, that it has almost lost any meaning what-so-ever.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 05:56:28 PM »

I know this has nothing to do with the movie...(I can't make heads or tails off it either)-but I actually SEEN the house...(which doesn't have evil-eye windows) when I lived on LI in the mid '80's....didn't look occupied or haunted.I DO remember while I was there that some nut case named Ricky Kasso held a seance their once. I was In LI  (Mastic-Shirly,to be exact) when he got busted. He was arrested for killing one of his buddies. Never met the guy (thank Gawd!).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 03:11:03 AM »

Bilal is a potential spammer, and probably needs to be deleted.

As to the original post, I don't remember the "arm in the wall." But I've seen all the Amityville movies, and the second is probably the sleaziest. Not only because it is based on the actual DeFeo murders and not the subsequent "haunting" garbage, but because it also depicts familial child abuse and incest for our entertainment. (And Burt Young is far too convincing in his role.)

Anyway, the second film was a rip-off of The Exorcist. The idea is that Ronnie DeFeo was inspired to kill by evil presences in the Amityville House. Any weird stuff in the film was designed to propagate that idea.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Aminityville Horror II (I think I spelt it right) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.