Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:41:49 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Greetings From Key West « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greetings From Key West  (Read 2221 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: November 23, 2009, 11:49:20 AM »

Hey guys!  I'm on vacation at Key West for the week and it certianly nice down here.  The high is in the 80s and the low is in the 70s.  The beach is only across the street and there is no cloud in sight.  It's relaxful.  Also, I have a lot to report on what I've been seeing so far:

Take it from me if you haven't been here yet, this place contains no censorship. On the main street (Where Sloppy Joe's and the Ghost Tours are) there is an adult entertainment resturant, a building that allow people to sunbath nude I believe, and plenty of places that sell T-Shirts that say and shows things like, "I'm with the F.B.I., Female Body Inspectors", shirts that give people the finger, ones that drop the F-Bomb more than once, and on with a stick figure girl sucking one a male stick figure that says, "Be careful of choking!" Yep, this city has no censorship.

This place is also filled to the brim with people of all different nationalites here on vacation, like myself. I've seen and heard people speak Japanese, Chinese, Italian, French (I think, they were taking too quickly for me to make anything out), Spanish, German, and plenty more. It was like where the entire world met to have a vacation.

Back on the city itself, there plenty things that are crazy and wouldn't happen in my homestate of Wisconsin. I mention the Adult Entertainment Resturant, interestingly enough it is on the same street as two churches. Kind of weird huh? While eating at Sloppy Joe's, I saw birds stroll on in and eat scraps of food off the ground. Back on the streets, there was a guy playing guitar that had a dog that sang along and across the street from that was guy selling things made out of palm leaves. Yeah, this would never happen where I live.

I stopped that Hard Rock Cafe, watched a few music videos they had playing, look at some guitars that came from bands like the Beatles, Sex Pistols, Clash, and I think Jimmi Hendrix. It was a highlight of my trip, I love Hard Rock Cafe. Later that day, I went down to the Sunset Celebration and saw a lot of interesting things. Two guitars were playing the guitars, a couple was playing the Saints go matching in while juggling razor sharp knives while doing a balancing act, a mime, a clown, and two dog show acts. It sure was different.

On my last note of my trip which is still going on, I just had to mention what I saw a bit ago. I was out on the beach under an umbrella taking a rest. My parents were out on a walk (I already did one previously and I didn't want to do one again). I sat in a lawn chair, doing some Sudoku since I enjoy it, and I just happen to look ito the sea. I saw two guys and two girls (I say in there early 20s at best) playing in the water having a good time. I looked back to my book for a second and then looked back at the four of them because I thought I saw something suspcious. I couldn't believe, but both girls where topless. Now, this isn't a clothing optional beach mind you so I was pretty surprised. I thought I was seeing things so I looked away from a while, but it was true. As soon as they were back on the beach, I could obviously tell both girls were for sure topless. Ummm.... I don't know what to say or what to think at this point.

So, that's my experience so far.  If you guys or girls have been down here, what do you have to say about the place?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 01:25:29 PM »

that sounds awesome.  yeah I was in the bahamas a whle ago and there was a european looking girl who was topless.  shockingly , no one compained!
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 01:50:47 PM »

I was there about three years ago during Fantasy week and there were a lot of folks running around wearing spray painted tops, including a few who should have kept something on. 

We were only there about 6 hours, just enough to see some sights and take our picture a mile zero.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 01:53:55 PM »

BounceGiggle Sounds like a good time to me!

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 02:45:35 PM »

I love the keys but I hate driving over the 7 mile bridge.. all the water   Buggedout  yeah, bridges freak me out a little ok.  TeddyR  The last time I was there I went into a convenience store and they had a help wanted sign up that also read.. Scum bags need not apply   TeddyR  That about sums up the keys. laid back, kinda hippie like.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 03:55:38 PM »

You know, I'm not sure Hemmingway would quite know what to think huh?   But enjoy the vacation!
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 10:37:18 PM »

Never been there... but after reading your stories, now I want to go! 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 01:29:13 AM »

there were a lot of folks running around wearing spray painted tops, including a few who should have kept something on. 

Buggedout BuggedoutTeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 01:46:45 AM »

key west is awesome! soooo jealous.

hubby and i drove the highway down there a few years ago.  outstanding vacation.

is a&b steakhouse still there?? the best surf and turf ever!

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 08:26:50 AM »

key west is awesome! soooo jealous.

hubby and i drove the highway down there a few years ago.  outstanding vacation.

is a&b steakhouse still there?? the best surf and turf ever!

I believe the steakhouse is still there.  I haven't seen it personally, but I think I saw a commercial for it.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 06:17:23 PM »

there were a lot of folks running around wearing spray painted tops, including a few who should have kept something on. 

Truer words were never spoken. You'll say the same thing, when you visit a nudist beach. Of course, not that I've ever been to a nudist  beach, but I've heard most nudists look like average people on the street. Of course, with fewer clothes on.

Enjoy your stay there, InfoG. I was there a number of years ago. My cruise ship out of Port Canaveral stopped there on the way to the Caribbean. Of course, I was there for somewhat less than 24 hours, so I didn't see that much, but I did pick up some nice cigars, while I was there.

A couple of things about Key West. Like most islanders, who live on their island year round, around the world, they are a people unto themselves. Thus they are not Floridians or Key Westians, but Conchs.

And watch for the five-toe cats on the island. They are, I believe, the original descendants of a cat once owned by Hemingway, whose house you can visit while there.
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 06:35:56 PM »

Truer words were never spoken. You'll say the same thing, when you visit a nudist beach. Of course, not that I've ever been to a nudist  beach, but I've heard most nudists look like average people on the street. Of course, with fewer clothes on.

Enjoy your stay there, InfoG. I was there a number of years ago. My cruise ship out of Port Canaveral stopped there on the way to the Caribbean. Of course, I was there for somewhat less than 24 hours, so I didn't see that much, but I did pick up some nice cigars, while I was there.

A couple of things about Key West. Like most islanders, who live on their island year round, around the world, they are a people unto themselves. Thus they are not Floridians or Key Westians, but Conchs.

And watch for the five-toe cats on the island. They are, I believe, the original descendants of a cat once owned by Hemingway, whose house you can visit while there.

I'm already back, but it was a fun and wet (It rained 3 inches in one night) vacation.  My mom loves those five-toe cats.

Since I'm back, I want to share one interesting story with you all.  For Thanksgiving, my parents and me went out at ate at some resturants that were open in downtown.  We stopped at a placed called the Lazy Gecko.  It seemed like a nice place and the food was great.  However, in the back area near the pool tables is an entire wall filled of photos of women who have taken their tops off at the resturant.  Interesting decore...

In the men's bathroom, they have condom machine that has a picture of a stop light that say, Stop on the red, think on the yellow, and Get It Going on green.  They had advertistments for 4 different adult entertainments show/resturants, plus I think a sex show as well.  Also, the toliet paper was wet and part of the wall behind the toilet in stall I was in was missing.  My mom said in the women's bathroom, all they had was curtain that was for the stall doors.  Odd choices!

So, I'm back now!

Torgo

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 10:32:55 AM »

Glad that you're having a good trip.  I really am thinking of taking a vacation this Spring to Myrtle Beach.

P.S., I initially somehow misread the title of this post at first and thought it said "Greetings From Kanye West".   TongueOut

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Raffine

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 02:13:19 AM »

I used to live in Key West!

I regret leaving almost every day...

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Greetings From Key West « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.