Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:48:14 PM
714387 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Andrew's opinion: "Shooter" (2007) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Andrew's opinion: "Shooter" (2007)  (Read 5201 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: December 03, 2009, 06:45:03 AM »

I saw this last night on DVD and I was enthralled by it ~ I have to admit that one of the actors in the film (not Mark Wahlberg, incidentally) is not one of my favourites and I laughed like an idiot when he got what was coming to him ~ it wasn't Elias Koteas, either.  Smile

The character being a retired Marine Corps sniper ~ I wonder what Andrew thought about it and if it is realistic in anyway. My favourite part: the final moments in the film with Otis Taylor singing over the credits and that beaut of a car on the open road.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 07:24:05 AM »

Danny Glover?   Smile   

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 07:37:55 AM »

Danny Glover?   Smile  

Buggedout Oops.... busted! Yes, Danny Glover.  Lookingup

I refer to him in my book on the film industry in South Africa as a "veteran anti-South African activist and sometime actor". The reason for this: when South Africa held its' first democratic elections in 1994, he came here to "teach his African brothers and sisters how to vote".Buggedout

Funny enough, he and my Director are good buddies ~ my Director wanted to introduce me to Glover but I said that I would rather put my nuts in a kitchen appliance before I did that.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 07:39:42 AM by Trevor » Logged

3mnkids

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 07:43:30 AM »

Danny Glover?   Smile  

I refer to him in my book on the film industry in South Africa as a "veteran anti-South African activist and sometime actor". The reason for this: when South Africa held its' first democratic elections in 1994, he came here to "teach his African brothers and sisters how to vote".Buggedout

Funny enough, he and my Director are good buddies ~ my Director wanted to introduce me to Glover but I said that I would rather put my nuts in a kitchen appliance before I did that.

TeddyR   ouch.   Sounds like you have good reasons to dislike him. I just think he is a terrible actor.   TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 07:56:42 AM »

Danny Glover?   Smile  

TeddyR   ouch.   Sounds like you have good reasons to dislike him. I just think he is a terrible actor.   TeddyR

Yes, like my friend Scrat, I value my nuts.   Buggedout TeddyR

I actually like him as an actor e.g. Witness, Silverado and even Lethal Weapon 2 to some degree, but his personal policy of what I like to call "interference politics" irks me greatly.  TongueOut

3mnkids

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 08:19:07 AM »

I love scrat... I watched ice age 3 again yesterday. love that movie   TeddyR   

When actors get political it can turn me off. Chuck Norris for one. Who knew he was such a douchebag   TeddyR   my apologizes to those who dont think he is a giant douche.

I wondered if Glover had some heath problems, his voiced sounded really strange in shooter.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 09:14:42 AM »

I wondered if Glover had some heath problems, his voiced sounded really strange in shooter.

Probably due to all the late nights spent with my Director before shooting that.  TeddyR

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 05:24:47 PM »

His voice sounded strange in 2012, too.  I think he's just getting old.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
violntshags
Bad Movie Lover

flist@flistpodcast.com

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 06:53:17 PM »

if you look closely you can just make out some sort of mouthpeice he had in, for the movie im not sure
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 09:48:03 AM »

Unfortunately, I have not seen this film, so I cannot give an opinion.

From the discussion, it's not sounding very promising.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
violntshags
Bad Movie Lover

flist@flistpodcast.com

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 06:02:27 PM »

i quite enjoyed this movie, marky-mark can pull off action, its the drama roles he has trouble with.  Anyone see "The Happening", laughable.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 02:30:53 AM »

Unfortunately, I have not seen this film, so I cannot give an opinion.
From the discussion, it's not sounding very promising.

Antoine Fuqua's film is about a Marine Corps sniper who retires from the Corps when an operation in Africa goes wrong, resulting in the death of his spotter. Three years later, he's approached to advise on the prevention of an assassination attempt on the life of the President and winds up taking the fall when an African archbishop is shot. The whole film is quite exciting and violent ~ IMO the last few minutes of the film are truly great, right up until the final closing shot of a speeding car roaring away down a long highway.

Ned Beatty, Elias Koteas and my good buddy Danny Glover  TongueOut play three of the slimiest villains you've ever come across ~ Koteas gets 'a hand' in playing the role, Beatty has to 'face' Mark Walhberg and Glover gets it in the neck ~ literally.  Smile

Neville

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 06:53:20 AM »

I did like the opening scenes in Africa, didn't care much for the rest of it. The ending was funny, though. You don't usually het to see the villains bite the dust in such an straightforward manner.

As for Glover, his preaching can get obnoxious, but he has my respect. I like his acting and his political views seem sincere.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 09:10:23 AM »

While it was well filmed and the actors did a good job, this was just another "Americans are the bad guys" piece of crap from Hollywood.  I get sick and tired of these overpaid bozos bashing the country that has made them wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 12:17:28 PM »

I thought that overall the movie was pretty stupid, but I have another reason for disliking it.  In the book Walhberg's character is supposed to be from Ouachita Mountains of Arkansas and for some reason in the movie he's from Wyoming.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Andrew's opinion: "Shooter" (2007) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.