Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:09:10 PM
714404 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  WHAT WAS THAT SONG??? Help desk. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: WHAT WAS THAT SONG??? Help desk.  (Read 12800 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« on: December 04, 2009, 06:24:29 AM »

If you're having trouble figuring out the name of a song, who sang it, what year, etc., maybe I or other good folks on badmovies.org can help you.  If you need to know the name, hopefully you can provide some lyrics.  Or for some of us who can read music you can type up some notes.  Or maybe if you know the type of music, around the year you think it came out, etc. that may help us as well.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 05:49:08 PM »

well that would be good, except i don't know anything bout the song Bluesad

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »

That's going to make it extremely tough... but your song might be "New Born" by Muse.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 10:45:50 PM »

That's going to make it extremely tough... but your song might be "New Born" by Muse.
Maybe it's "Yesterday," by THE BEATLES...  Lookingup  BounceGiggle  Bluesad 

There are at least 2 or 3 pieces of music that I have in my head, that I may even have some scrap of information about, such as where I heard it, but I haven't yet found those.  I have found things I hunted for, sometimes it took a long time. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 03:27:21 PM »

no, it's a female singer that sounds like Sheryl Crow

yeah no.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 03:34:03 PM »

Alanis Morissette?

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 09:04:08 AM »

Ok heres one...

I saw Kid Rock (I don't really like the guy to be honest) and he did this song where in the middle of it he pumped one hand and the ladies in the crowd go "kiiiiid" and then he pumped the other hand and had the guys go "rock rock".  Does anyone know what song he does this in or better yet if a video exists of it in concert.  All my searches has turned up nill. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 09:49:19 AM »

I think the idea behind this thread is brilliant - if anyone can track down a song from a fragment of any kind, it will be you bunch.  The assembled musical knowledge here is encyclopedic!  Cheers

Question: is there a possibility of attaching sound files?  So a person could 'hum' or whistle the bit they know and you guys could hear it?  My tech ignorance is showing, I know, but it was a thought: "could you hum a few bars for me?" - that sort of thing.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 01:19:25 PM »

Ok heres one...

I saw Kid Rock (I don't really like the guy to be honest) and he did this song where in the middle of it he pumped one hand and the ladies in the crowd go "kiiiiid" and then he pumped the other hand and had the guys go "rock rock".  Does anyone know what song he does this in or better yet if a video exists of it in concert.  All my searches has turned up nill. 

I'm assuming that'd be one of the live versions of "Bawitdaba"

retrorussell

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 03:28:48 PM »

I think the idea behind this thread is brilliant - if anyone can track down a song from a fragment of any kind, it will be you bunch.  The assembled musical knowledge here is encyclopedic!  Cheers

Question: is there a possibility of attaching sound files?  So a person could 'hum' or whistle the bit they know and you guys could hear it?  My tech ignorance is showing, I know, but it was a thought: "could you hum a few bars for me?" - that sort of thing.

Thanks for the props Newt!
If there's a way to include sound files, I don't know it either.. sorry.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 10:29:53 PM »

Not here, really, but you could find some third party site to upload it to and then link it here.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 08:32:25 PM »

I wish I could him a few lines of this song in my head right now for someone.  Its a very popular light rock favorite that I'll be damned if I can remember a lyric to. 

DarkSider's Realm

retrorussell

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 10:32:14 PM »

I wish I could him a few lines of this song in my head right now for someone.  Its a very popular light rock favorite that I'll be damned if I can remember a lyric to. 

Year?  Male/female?  What kind of instruments are most prevalent in the song?

This makes me think of an episode of Married With Children where Al is trying to remember the name of a song, and all he could come up with was "hmm hmm him..." (it was Anna {Go To Him}) He'd irritate everyone he tried to get to help him.  There was even a record store where customers would ask the cashier what the song they were thinking of was and would hum or sing a few words and he'd instantly get it.  But he couldn't figure out Al's song. Smile

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 08:28:08 PM »

Year?  Male/female?  What kind of instruments are most prevalent in the song?

Well the song I'm thinking of frequents light rock stations and 80s mix stations.   Kind of Ambrosia-ish but with a country western twist.   Its a bit slow paced and the singer reminds me of Ronnie Milsap in a way.   I've perused popular Milsap songs but nothing really matches.  I think the chorus ends with the word "sometimes" but I could be way off there.  Instrument wise I think its either a guitar or a synthesizer that goes "doo-doo-doo-doooooooo" after each verse. 

DarkSider's Realm

retrorussell

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 08:48:05 PM »

It's not Alabama, is it?
Marshall Tucker Band?

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  WHAT WAS THAT SONG??? Help desk. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.