Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:01:48 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  IT'S SNOWING IN TEXAS ON CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IT'S SNOWING IN TEXAS ON CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!  (Read 2212 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: December 24, 2009, 10:05:26 PM »

I know all my Yankee forum brothers (not to mention you lovely Brits)   probably see all of the white stuff they can stand between November and March every year, but for those of us in the Lone Star State, and more specifically here in Northeast Texas (I'm about 50 miles NE of Dallas), we are lucky to see snow as many as 5 days out of the whole year, most years.  And maybe on two of those days it will actually stick to the ground in any quantity at all.  So here I am at the ripe middle age of 46, and I have never once seen a white Christmas!  All those cliched Christmas movies with solid white ground in the backdrop, and I've nver got to experience it once!!!!  Supposedly there was snow Christmas Day in either 1983 or 1985, but I was overseas in Japan that Christmas and missed it. A copuple of years ago there was snow two days before Christmas, but by the 25th all that was left was a few dirty white patches along the shady side of the house.  But tonight the thermometer is at 29 degrees Fahrenheit and dropping, right now, and the white stuff is still coming!!! (oddly enough, it was 70 degrees two days ago!) So I am as excited as a school kid about Christmas morning tomorrow . . . . I just made an emergency Dr. Pepper run to the local convenience store and it is swirling down like crazy!  I hope it keeps it up all night long!  I'M DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 10:54:53 PM »

Congratulations!  Having lived in Texas a bit, I can see why you're psyched. 

It's raining here in Kentucky.  I would prefer to have an inch or two of snow, but not gonna happen.  Having spent many years in PA, I've seen my share of white ones, though.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Sleepyskull
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Well,well,well...

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 10:55:07 PM »

Congratulations!!!

If you have kids you should play in it with them. After all, you're never too old to play in the snow!

I just thought of a great idea: Save a bucket of snow and use a little bit every Christmas that you don't have snow. You could use it for ice in drinks, pranks, or whatever else you think of.

I hope you have a white Christmas!

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 12:16:03 AM »

So, from an western Oregon perspective...Hell is Freezing over!  Heh

Merry Christmas Mr. Indy Smith...enjoy the snow.

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Cthulhu

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 04:08:38 AM »

Happy white christmas, indiana. Cheers
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 05:04:00 AM »

So, from an western Oregon perspective...Hell is Freezing over!  Heh

Merry Christmas Mr. Indy Smith...enjoy the snow.

-Ed

Hey, a fellow Oregonian!
No white Christmas this year.. well, that's something I can deal with.  I expected rain, then super-freezing temps to turn the rain to ice.  Didn't really happen, fortunately.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 07:16:32 AM »

Congrat's on the snow Indy!  Get out there and build a snowman and have a snowball fight  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 07:33:46 AM »

DRAT!  It tapered off right after I posted, so it looks like it's just gonna be a very cold Christmas with a light dusting in a few spots . . . . we were so close!

Oh well.  Presents are already opened, so now it's just time to sit and wake up for a bit, then clean house for Christmas dinner.

My kids got a Wiii.   Wonder if they'll  let me play with it?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 11:48:34 PM »

Yeah, I thought here in St. Louis we were going to have no snow, but it snowed Christmas Day!  So we got a white Christmas.  Very little white, but some is better than none.  I grew up in Michigan, and have NEVER had a Christmas that wasn't white.  It's depressing to me when there's no snow in winter.  Just feels wrong.
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 04:00:22 PM »

Probably not.  My little brother wouldn't let me go near it for a week after he got it last year.  He just got an internet cord this Christmas.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 05:08:56 PM »

I've spent every Christmas in Texas since 1981, so if there was a white Christmas in Texas in '83 or '85 I don't remember it. At least, in my part of Texas, which is about 30 miles due West of Dallas.

I'll always remember, because that snowfalll caught me doing some last minute shopping at the mall. I'm afraid I always postpone everything to the last minute. Thus, I had to caught my shopping short. I should catch up with my shopping on Sunday, if it doesn't snow again.

Hopefully, anymore snow will hold off to after Tuesday morning, as I have a plane flight out of DFW to central Florida that day, and I don't want to waste any of my time sitting in the air terminal waiting for a plane that's going to take me to my first vacation in almost two years.

As for Texas weather, what can one say, but what has already been said: "If you don't like the Texas weather, then wait five minutes, it'll change."

And a happy New Year to all.
Paquita

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 01:33:36 AM »

DRAT!  It tapered off right after I posted, so it looks like it's just gonna be a very cold Christmas with a light dusting in a few spots . . . . we were so close!

Oh well.  Presents are already opened, so now it's just time to sit and wake up for a bit, then clean house for Christmas dinner.

Boo! Sorry you didn't get your white Christmas!  It rained all day and then started snowing Christmas evening!  It was the deceptively beautiful snow.. sparkling and fluffy.. "come outside.. play in me..", the snow beckoned.. and I did! Then a minute later I couldn't feel my fingers and I said "Hey! Let's go in for hot COCOA!!!" and that was that.

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 02:11:24 AM »

Oh, NOW it starts snowing in Portland.  2-3 inches.  Traffic at a near standstill, but the snow is turning into slush.  Crappy conditions mean very little work for tomorrow  if it doesn't all melt away; we may get a little more snow.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 06:21:06 PM »

Oh, NOW it starts snowing in Portland.  2-3 inches.  Traffic at a near standstill, but the snow is turning into slush.  Crappy conditions mean very little work for tomorrow  if it doesn't all melt away; we may get a little more snow.

We had 2 inches of slush in Salem.  Just enough for me to slip down a hill and take out some guy's mailbox.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  IT'S SNOWING IN TEXAS ON CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.