Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:16:46 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The customer's always right OUT OF HIS MIND! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The customer's always right OUT OF HIS MIND!  (Read 3303 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 11, 2014, 04:57:53 PM »

Ya want proof?

http://howmaywehateyou.com/

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 06:47:21 PM »

I've been out of any kind of retail or customer service role for quite some time I don't miss it.   I've had money thrown at me, a-hole managers threatening to fire me for frivolous reasons and had quite a few folks scream at me at the top of their lungs.   May they all rot in hell by the way. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 07:17:19 AM »

I am in Client Services and while it can be rewarding much of the time, sometimes you want to kill something.

CLIENT X FROM 2013: "If you don't have [insert film title here] I will report you to your Minister."
Trevor: [not stressed]: "Here's his email address: --------@dac.gov.za. Tell him I said hi."
CLIENT: [bangs down phone]  TeddyR

CLIENT: "This film --------: do you have it?"
TREVOR: "No, we don't, unfortunately."
CLIENT: "Why don't you?"
TREVOR: "It was never archived with us."
CLIENT: "Expletive deleted"

CLIENT: "I want a copy of ----------."
TREVOR: "Sorry but we don't have that title."
CLIENT: "You do work at a film archive?"
TREVOR: "Yes but that is an American film: you can buy the DVD off Amazon."
CLIENT: "Why don't you have it?" (Whiny voice)
TREVOR: "We are a South African film archive."
CLIENT: "So?"
TREVOR: "EXPLETIVE DELETED"

I could go on.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »

I worked at a place called Stop And Shop years back, and one day this woman screamed at me because she had to write a check out by hand. When it came my turn to explain to her that the check machine was busted, she went ballistic:

"This is the THIRD fuc*in time you kids told me this today!" "If you don't wanna do your GD jobs, let someone else do it!"   She was wearing sunglasses and apparently was trying to hide her obviously stoned state of mind.  Her Jersey shore Guido meatball husband wasno prize winner either.

She then slammed the check on the counter, wrote it out and shoved it in my chest, and I took it and tossed it right back at her and told her not to ever touch me again.  Her husband stepped in and said "Yeah, punk? You want ME to touch you"?  I took off my cashier's apron and stepped right up to him and told him not to even think about it. Just before the real war broke out, the manager stepped in.

There's more to it, but the short and not-so-sweet is that I was fired for standing up to a customer. I suppose I was just supposed to stand there and let the guy threaten my life...
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 11:25:58 AM »

I've been out of any kind of retail or customer service role for quite some time I don't miss it.   I've had money thrown at me, a-hole managers threatening to fire me for frivolous reasons and had quite a few folks scream at me at the top of their lungs.   May they all rot in hell by the way. 

Golly...I think I used to work there.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Flangepart

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 12:56:54 PM »

I KNOW your pain, gang.  And , more proof we are not alone...

http://notalwaysright.com/

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
ChaosTheory

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 02:35:30 PM »

I once worked (very very briefly) in the mail-handling department of a mortgage company, and we would get what were called "executive" letters - these were complaints addressed specifically to the company president (usually capping with the phrase "I just thought you might like to know what kind of people are working for you".) Here's a tip, consumers: notifying the company president gets you the exact same form letter response that everyone else gets, you just get it a week earlier. The company president does not deign to deal with customers or staff, ever. That is the entire point of being a company president.

This happened, not to me, but to my editor, last week:
Middle-aged, three-toothed guy comes in, declares,"I have an announcement for [Town X]"
Her:"OK, do you have a copy of it with you?"
Him: "No, I'm going to tell it to you and you're going to write it down! THAT'S YOUR JOB, ISN'T IT?"
Her: "Well, not usually."
Him: *storms out*

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 01:45:26 AM »

Middle-aged, three-toothed guy comes in

It was nice meeting your editor.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 09:27:56 AM »

Middle-aged, three-toothed guy comes in

It was nice meeting your editor.  Wink

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

The thing I really don't miss the most from working in retail - and this would happen practically every day - when someone would come up to the counter while talking on their phone, and then give me the "just a minute" hand motion.  That's right, make me stand here and not ring anything up because I have nothing better to do, and the people behind you certainly don't have anywhere they need to be. Literally nothing in the world is more important than your conversation, you massive massive douche.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 08:57:46 AM »

Here's a tip, consumers: notifying the company president gets you the exact same form letter response that everyone else gets, you just get it a week earlier.

Not always true.  I had a problem with Verizon regarding a telephone bill.  I dealt with customer service for 9 months and the episode ended with my phone being turned off because Verizon applied one of my payments to the wrong account and then claimed I never paid.  No matter how many times I explained the situation to customer service and no matter how much proof I sent them, they couldn't fix the problem.  Finally, I sent a letter to the president of Verizon.  Very quickly, Executive Customer Service contacted me and solved my problem promptly and courteously.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The customer's always right OUT OF HIS MIND! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.