Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:26:33 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  Hall of Fame or Shame: The Music - Inductees Discussion Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Author Topic: Hall of Fame or Shame: The Music - Inductees Discussion Thread  (Read 79380 times)
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2010, 12:26:23 PM »

Michael Jackson and Duran Duran are winning BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

It's so sublimely out of place to see Balzac on the same list, I'm going to try to keep them alive as long as possible. Smile
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:52:54 PM by the ghoul » Logged
hellbilly
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2010, 08:05:16 AM »

Balzac enters the Hall of Shame.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2010, 08:11:14 AM »

Balzac enters the Hall of Shame.

Justice at last.

the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2010, 09:01:27 AM »

And the moral of the story is, those who like Michael Jackson and/or Fleetwood Mac are not likely to appreciate Balzac.BounceGiggle

Good for Balzac. Smile
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 09:09:29 AM »

Oh well Ghoul, I'm sure we can agree on something else later in the game.  Perhaps Culture Club will make the list?   BounceGiggle

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 09:13:05 AM »

Good one, Darksider. BounceGiggle
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 09:18:39 AM »

Sh*t, I'd vote the hell FOR Culture Club.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »

Never bothered to listen to the Balzac clip.  Maybe they are my favorite band. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2010, 12:22:28 PM »

Maybe you're IN the band

DarkSider's Realm

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2010, 02:03:48 PM »

I'm kind of "meh" on Journey so I voted against them. 

The Clash is a good nomination although I have more respect for them than actual enjoyment of their music.
I chose THE CLASH because I am not in anyway a true fan (I have only London Calling, though had others back in the day) and I wanted to choose a band that was not a favorite (maybe even overrated...) but a band I too "respect".   

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2010, 02:31:55 PM »

What, you've never listened to this Japenese Horror Punk band?

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2010, 08:56:20 PM »

No, I am in the majority there.  Wink

I almost listened to the youtube clip you gave us but the computer I was on at the time didn't have any speakers.  Even if they're good, they seem way too obscure to be "Hall of Fame" material.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2010, 09:13:34 AM »

No, I am in the majority there.  Wink

I almost listened to the youtube clip you gave us but the computer I was on at the time didn't have any speakers.  Even if they're good, they seem way too obscure to be "Hall of Fame" material.

Don't worry, they're not even remotely good. ...And their two big admirers here can give up on that "that's what rock n' roll's about" crap. You can get the same kick from listening to more technical bands and without them ripping off the Misfits or having 5 separate clothing brands. Yeah, "rock on"... Lookingup

the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2010, 10:58:46 AM »

Never bothered to listen to the Balzac clip.  Maybe they are my favorite band.  

No, I am in the majority there.  Wink

I almost listened to the youtube clip you gave us but the computer I was on at the time didn't have any speakers.  Even if they're good, they seem way too obscure to be "Hall of Fame" material.

Don't worry, they're not even remotely good. ...And their two big admirers here can give up on that "that's what rock n' roll's about" crap. You can get the same kick from listening to more technical bands and without them ripping off the Misfits or having 5 separate clothing brands. Yeah, "rock on"... Lookingup

Yeah those "technical bands" are all 100% original, and they've got so much soul. They are never influenced by any other bands or musicians in the least bit.  It's really astounding how different they all look and sound from eachother.  So much so that each band is truly a genre in and of itself! And they would never attempt to sell any clothing, especially T-shirts.  I'm going to be "cool" now and go listen to my classic rock station.  I can always count on them to tell me what's good.
 BounceGiggle

By the way, I also think the clothing line thing is stupid, but don't assume that is a common practice of the bands that I like, because it isn't.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 11:06:08 AM by the ghoul » Logged
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2010, 11:13:24 AM »

I don't listen to any classic rock stations.  Lookingup

I understand what you're saying, but my point is Balzac are awful in comparison to alot of bands. Your arguement was that Balzac were the antithesis of everything considered serious or popular musically. You claim that's what rock n' roll is all about. That's the punk mentality quite clearly. Rock n' roll is about an energy, a feeling, a spirit that music instills in people. You'll find that in plenty of bands far better than Balzac whether they are popular or not - whether they sell f**king t-shirts or not.

Look at the Sex Pistols for instance, they were thrown together and couldn't play a lick, but are well remembered. At the time disco was the dominant force in the charts and the Sex Pistols were the complete other end of the spectrum. They were brash and in your face and the kids back then ate that up - as is the case with every musical generation. The Pistols for their time were great and did inspire alot of other bands. But Balzac have been around since what? 1992? They're only well known in their native Japan and at the end of the day what's the point of playing music if you can't actually play?

Just so you know, the only reason I kicked up a stink about this is because, hardly anyone knew who they were when they got posted on the fame or shame game, plus how the hell Journey got killed off before them is beyond me - and I'm not even a Journey fan btw!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  Hall of Fame or Shame: The Music - Inductees Discussion Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.