Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:06:06 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Miscast Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Miscast Movies  (Read 17232 times)
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2010, 06:27:29 AM »

Everybody in Scooby Doo.  Freddie Prinze Jt. as Fred, Sarah Michelle Gellar as Daphne, Matthew Lillard as Shaggy, and Linda Cardellini as Velma.  Horrible - all of them.  Not within a country mile of acting like the characters from the animated show.

Oh come on!  Matthew Lillard was a good choice for Shaggy.  I thought he looked and protrayed character quite well.

Linda Cardellini as Velma.  Well, as a woman who keeps tabs on other women, i don't know if she was particularly that bad, but i know she wowed people when she finally took that turtleneck off...she looked good in a bikini!

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
Skull
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 08:10:15 AM »

I agree with Samuel L Jackson as Mace Windu... I think its the most disapointing role for Samuel L Jackson since he didnt do anything for the movie and his death sucked! Although the Star Wars prequels sucked because the storyline wasnt worth the 20 years wait. Gees baby vader made C3-PO in his free time... Really?
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2010, 08:16:37 AM »

Shelley Duvall as Wendy Torrance in The Shining.
I think that's kind of a stroke of genius.  

I agree. She was nothing like the Wendy in the book, but she suited Kubrick's movie perfectly.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Skull
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2010, 08:19:00 AM »

I think the cast for the Scooby Doo Movie was perfect, it looked almost like the cartoon... :)

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 08:21:35 AM by Skull » Logged
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2010, 08:44:38 AM »

Completely agree on the casting of the various Batmans.

I fully expect to be told how wrong I am (since Reeve seems to have become iconic in the role), but I could never understand casting Christopher Reeve as Superman, Marlon Brando as Jor-El and Margot Kidder as Lois Lane in Superman (1978): what were they thinking???  So Kidder's hair was the right colour and Reeve's facial profile looked the part?  Ish. Just Ish.  They did better with the villains.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2010, 10:42:34 AM »

I think the cast for the Scooby Doo Movie was perfect, it looked almost like the cartoon... :)

I thought Lillard was an excellent Shaggy. The others were all right. I'm not sure if they would have been my picks, but they fit the roles well enough. I wasn't impressed the way I was with Shaggy though.

With John Wayne as Ghengis Khan, it's not so much that they cast whites as Asians. That sort of thing happened all the time in those days. The problem was that Wayne was not actor enough to sell it. Ghengis Khan came across as 100% American cowboy, just like every other John Wayne character. Wayne was the Schwarzenegger of his day, basically playing the same guy under different names in different settings. Nothing wrong with that, but if you asked him to play something totally different, he just couldn't do it. If I were casting The Conqueror, I'd have put Yul Brynner in the part. He had the skill, he had the attitude, he could play tyrants, and he could obviously play Asians. Of course, with The King and I and The Ten Commandments coming out the same year as The Conqueror, Brynner was probably already booked up playing tyrants and Asians elsewhere.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:01:43 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2010, 12:24:11 PM »

Ok heres one that will get no responses because no one here watches these movies.  However I have to point out Robert Patinson as Edward in Twilight.  Thanks to my wife, I've had to sit twice through his awful acting and complete lack of chemistry with any of his on screen counterparts.  I mean the story of Twilight is horridly written enough, why make it worse? 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2010, 01:39:47 PM »

Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson in the Spiderman movies. Shouldn't MJ be hotter?
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »

Everyone who has played Batman since Adam West

Will Smith as James West

Nicholas Cage in anything

I'd agree with Will Smith as James West, but I'd also add Kevin Kline as Artemus Gordon and Salma Hayek as Rita Escobar. No chemistry at all, that I could see, between the three stars. And while we are on the subject of miscasting, Kenneth Branagh as Dr. Loveless, a fine actor, but not in this role, especially when you compare his performance with Michael Dunn's as the original Dr. Loveless. But he was certainly better than Ted Levine as General McGrath in the same film.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2010, 02:44:46 PM »

Pretty much the entire cast of the 1998 Lost In Space movie but especially Gary Oldman as Dr. Smith. Jack Johnson too as Will was bland when compared to Bill Mumy's Will full of intelligence and wonder.

Halle Berry as Catwoman. Every other lady who played the part did it much better but none compared to Julie Newmar.

Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl too.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2010, 03:31:47 PM »

John Wayne as Genghis Khan in "The Conqueror."

How wrong was that? Wrong on so many levels. I think Andrew's nailed it as far as the worst miscast actor goes...

I agree ~ the sad thing is the making of that film probably cost The Duke his life years later because of the place where they shot the film.  Buggedout

Not only John Wayne, but how many different types of cancer are there.

Director Dick Powell - cancer of the lymph glands.

Susan Hayward - brain cancer.

Agness Moorehead - uterine cancer.

John Hoyt - lung cancer.

Pedro Armendariz - the only reason he didn't die of cancer is because he shot himself, when he found out he had cancer.

Of course, that is out of fourteen people, which would include the director and the thirteen most important actors in the film.
Skull
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2010, 04:08:47 PM »

John Wayne as Genghis Khan in "The Conqueror."

How wrong was that? Wrong on so many levels. I think Andrew's nailed it as far as the worst miscast actor goes...

I agree ~ the sad thing is the making of that film probably cost The Duke his life years later because of the place where they shot the film.  Buggedout

Not only John Wayne, but how many different types of cancer are there.

Director Dick Powell - cancer of the lymph glands.

Susan Hayward - brain cancer.

Agness Moorehead - uterine cancer.

John Hoyt - lung cancer.

Pedro Armendariz - the only reason he didn't die of cancer is because he shot himself, when he found out he had cancer.

Of course, that is out of fourteen people, which would include the director and the thirteen most important actors in the film.

its very sad but I heard something like 90 people got cancer from the location while making the movie.
Skull
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2010, 04:14:29 PM »

The screenplay was written before John Wayne became involved in the project. The writer had Marlon Brando in mind for the role. According to Harry Medved and Michael Medved's 1984 book "The Hollywood Hall of Shame", Wayne's casting in this film came about during a conversation with director Dick Powell. Wayne was about the make the last film of a three-picture deal for RKO Radio and Powell had been assigned to direct. They were going over various scripts in Powell's office when the latter was called away for a few minutes. When Powell returned, he found Wayne enthusiastically looking over a script that Powell had intended throwing in the waste basket. It was the screenplay for "The Conqueror". Powell tried to talk him out of it, but Wayne insisted that this was the film he wanted to make. As Powell later summed it up, "Who am I to turn down John Wayne?" ~ imdb

It seems that John Wayne wanted the role... although I'm surprised they were looking for Marlon Brando
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2010, 05:38:56 PM »

good info

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2010, 08:39:12 PM »

There's probably a case for all the actors/crew on the set of The Conqueror except for Wayne.  He was a lifelong smoker and drinker.  He was doomed anyway.  Bluesad

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Miscast Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.