Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:44:35 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A film that the studios can't remake ? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A film that the studios can't remake ?  (Read 6486 times)
joejoeherron
« on: January 24, 2010, 01:31:37 AM »

Here's my 2 cent's worth, whatever it worth?

some movies that were made in a certain time frame,and or,style. cannot be re-made today. All I can name is one of my favorites,

The Blues Brothers(1980).
I know they made a sequel, but to capture the raw feeling and the pace of the original, could the studio do it?
I just can't see Seth Rogan and,or,any other comedy actor doing the movie.
Besides, where are you going to find a 1974 dodge monaco?
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 03:17:17 AM »

but to capture the raw feeling and the pace of the original, could the studio do it?

Probably not, but since when has that stopped them?
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 05:02:33 AM »

The can never remake anything related to The X-Files TeddyR
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 08:54:18 AM »

The studios should never EVER remake The Thing (1982).

With The Thing, they would use cgi instead of good old animatronics and puppets, thus taking away the creepiness of the film. Also, since today's movie goers are so impatient, we would see the monster withing the first ten minutes without any build up whatsoever.  Plus, seeing how films are done these days, the film makers would put in a woman (not that there's anything wrong with that) in order to make a love interest subplot (something that's very unnecessary in a lot of films).

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 01:42:49 PM »

GIGLI

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
voltron

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 05:38:26 PM »

They couldn't even touch Truth Or Dare: A Critical Madness. At least I hope not - the low budget is what gives the film its charm. I'd like to see them try and remake Just Before Dawn. I'd be up for murder if they tried that one. Also, pretty much any SOV horror flicks (ie: Boardinghouse, Blood Cult, Blood Lake, etc). Those films were meant to be low budget trash - someting today's remakers just don't understand.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Pilgermann

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 06:22:21 PM »

The studios should never EVER remake The Thing (1982).

With The Thing, they would use cgi instead of good old animatronics and puppets, thus taking away the creepiness of the film. Also, since today's movie goers are so impatient, we would see the monster withing the first ten minutes without any build up whatsoever.  Plus, seeing how films are done these days, the film makers would put in a woman (not that there's anything wrong with that) in order to make a love interest subplot (something that's very unnecessary in a lot of films).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0905372/

Supposedly it's a prequel of sorts, taking place at the Norwegian base... Lookingup

the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 06:45:04 PM »

GIGLI

That brings up something that I've thought about before.  Wouldn't it make more sense to remake crappy movies rather than movies that were already done right the first time?  If Peter Jackson were really a great director, he would have remade some disastrous film like "Gigli" into a masterpiece, and left well enough alone with regards to King Kong.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 06:46:54 PM by the ghoul » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 07:02:16 PM »

GIGLI

That brings up something that I've thought about before.  Wouldn't it make more sense to remake crappy movies rather than movies that were already done right the first time?  If Peter Jackson were really a great director, he would have remade some disastrous film like "Gigli" into a masterpiece, and left well enough alone with regards to King Kong.

My thoughts exactly.  By remaking great movies, they set themselves up for failure.  But, of course the movie-going public won't go to see another GIGLI, so you'd have to change the title to something like FUGLY. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 09:52:26 PM »

They won't remake London After Midnight because the bad guy wasn't really a vampire and (If I recall correctly) was trying to get a family fortune by scaring people, not killing them :) ...also, no one would take the hypnosis element seriously :P

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 11:19:10 PM »

The fact they remade THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL tells me if they think they can make money on it (it has a familiar and recognized name), they'll remake anything...not necessarily competently though. Actually most likely incompetently as all they seem to care about is making a quick buck nowadays.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 12:07:48 AM »

Any Hitchcock films, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

yeah no.
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 01:27:00 AM »

Ozzymandias speaks: The Trip. You could do a lot of CGI effects. The problem would be protest about the content even though LSD has been out of style for years.

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 04:54:27 PM »

Supposedly they're doing a remake of Arthur, but with Russell Brand in the lead role. Now, I think Russell Brand is somewhat funny, but WTF!!!! The original is in my top 5 comedies of the 80's, but it's not on most other people's top 5. In fact, almost nobody from current generations has even heard of it. How does Hollywood expect to make any money from it?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 03:41:27 AM »

Blade Runner

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A film that the studios can't remake ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.