Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:33:36 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's cooking? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What's cooking?  (Read 5945 times)
hellbilly
« on: February 02, 2010, 12:56:39 PM »

Share some of your favorite recipes here  Smile

Today I made me Pizza dough with dip. Ingredients:

14 ounces Refrigerated Pizza Crust
2 spoons melted butter
Italian seasoning
Dip: Tomato Chili Cocktail sauce
Green salad

I made 10 equally sized pieces from the dough and rolled them into sticks. Placed them on a slightly greased baking pan and brushed the sticks with melted butter (makes them crispy and flaky). Added some Italian seasoning and put them in the oven for about 17 minutes (420F). Viola! Dinner was delicious  Thumbup
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 04:10:45 PM »

That sounds really good hellbilly. Thumbup

My favourite is a cheese Quesadilla.

Take two soft tortillas and butter each one side on each.  Put some sunflower or canola oil in a pan and heat it.  Place one of the tortillas butter side down in the pan.  Layer well with cheese.  put some cayenne pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin on the cheese.  Place the other tortilla butter side up onto the cheese.

Once the cheese is melted flip the quesadilla and cook until both sides are golden brown.  Then cut into fourths and eat. TeddyR
hellbilly
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 12:31:49 AM »

I love Quesadillas, haven't made any in ages. I used to add pickled red peppers to mine. I think I got the idea for that from one of Robert Rodriguez' cooking vids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 06:57:20 AM »

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Javakoala
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 06:12:08 PM »

For a moderately healthy meal:

one whole wheat pita
refried beans (fat-free mixed with just a little butter makes it tasty and spreadable)
meat of your choice (I like lean ground beef or lean sausage for this)
your choice of veggies (I use onions and jalapenos)
thick salsa of your choice
shredded cheese of your choice
some lime juice

Preheat your oven to 325 or 350, depending on your oven's real temps. You're looking for something between 300 and 340.

Brown the meat and season with chili seasonings or Mexican style seasonings
Soften your onions (cut into good-sized but edible chunks) with the meat
Sprinkle the meat and onions with a little lime juice (ideally, you do this while it is cooking and not at the end)

lightly spray your pita with olive oil or canola spray (or very lightly brush some on)
mix your refried beans with your salsa until it is a slightly thick paste that will slowly ooze off your spoon
spread the beans on the pita like pizza sauce but not too thick

add your meat and onions as you choose but the thicker the layer, the less heat that gets through
Lightly put your veggies on (same theory as the meat)
rather lightly sprinkle the cheese on the top (you want enough to hold the stuff together and that's all)

put it on a pizza pan and bake for about 12 to 18 minutes
cut into quarters and enjoy

Using pitas, if you have a cookie sheet, you can actually cook two at one time, but you should rotate the sheet halfway through and allow up to 20 minutes

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 10:31:35 PM »

mix a waffle with an omelet:
get 4 eggs
milk
flour
broccoli
roast beef
red beans

yeah no.
hellbilly
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 12:40:49 PM »

My pizza obsession this week came to full circle today: I made my very own Cheddar Bacon pizza, a re-creation from our local pizza joint. It was delicious. Ingredients:

Ready made thin pizza crust
Tomato Basil sauce
Smoked Bacon
Walnuts
Fresh Sage
Sharp Cheddar
White Cheddar

1. Add a thin layer of the Tomato Basil sauce on the crust. 2. Add lots of shredded Sharp Cheddar. 3. Add 8-9 strips of fried, drained and slightly crumbled smoked bacon. 4. Add one cup chopped and roasted walnuts. 5. Add a good amount of freshly chopped Sage leaves. 6. Add a thin layer of white cheddar. Bake for 20 minutes.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:22:41 PM by hellbilly » Logged
Javakoala
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 07:23:59 PM »

I just had Pepper-Palooza  for dinner. What is that?

3 Anaheim peppers sliced in half and scooped clean
3 jalapeno peppers sliced in half and scooped clean

Then I filled them with different combinations of refried beans, cheese, real bacon bits and leftover bits of cooked ground beef. Baked them at 350 for about 16 minutes (though they could have gone 20, I think).

Wonderful stuff, but even with the membranes and seeds scraped out, I think I'm gonna be awakened by my colon at 2 or 3 in the morning. But, on the upside, I'll have the emptiest bowels in the state. I just hope I can make it to work.

I think I'm gonna die when my pepper rack and pepper corer shows up.

Is it hot as hell in here, or it is just me?
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 08:23:11 PM »

Jambalaya Pasta Served COLD! Buggedout tasty though  TeddyR

yeah no.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 05:19:25 PM »

For a moderately healthy meal:

one whole wheat pita
refried beans (fat-free mixed with just a little butter makes it tasty and spreadable)
meat of your choice (I like lean ground beef or lean sausage for this)
your choice of veggies (I use onions and jalapenos)
thick salsa of your choice
shredded cheese of your choice
some lime juice

Preheat your oven to 325 or 350, depending on your oven's real temps. You're looking for something between 300 and 340.

Brown the meat and season with chili seasonings or Mexican style seasonings
Soften your onions (cut into good-sized but edible chunks) with the meat
Sprinkle the meat and onions with a little lime juice (ideally, you do this while it is cooking and not at the end)

lightly spray your pita with olive oil or canola spray (or very lightly brush some on)
mix your refried beans with your salsa until it is a slightly thick paste that will slowly ooze off your spoon
spread the beans on the pita like pizza sauce but not too thick

add your meat and onions as you choose but the thicker the layer, the less heat that gets through
Lightly put your veggies on (same theory as the meat)
rather lightly sprinkle the cheese on the top (you want enough to hold the stuff together and that's all)

put it on a pizza pan and bake for about 12 to 18 minutes
cut into quarters and enjoy

Using pitas, if you have a cookie sheet, you can actually cook two at one time, but you should rotate the sheet halfway through and allow up to 20 minutes

I tried this and it was EXCELLENT!!! Great idea! 

I did not have salsa (I ate it all with chips) and I used vegetable oil but it was incredible.

As for veggies I used jalapenos, green bell peppers, and red bell peppers.

Cheese: Mozzarella and Provolone.

I could not find a whole-wheat pita in the grocery store so I used white.

TeddyR  Thumbup

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Javakoala
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 05:27:09 PM »

Still, not a bad way to make a quick pizza. And if you are really hungry, two of them aren't all THAT much food. Right?

Okay, I'm a pig.
claws
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 09:01:19 AM »

To my understanding Ajvar isn't easy to find in the U.S.. It is available at amazon though but the price including shipping can be hefty. If you should ever find this delicious stuff at a store or elsewhere, try this recipe I did today. It was heavenly:

Creamy Ajvar Soup
(4 Persons)

13.50 oz Broth (your choice)
10.50 oz Ground Beef
7 oz Ajvar (Mild or Hot)
7 oz heavy cream
5.30 oz soft cheese (Philadelphia)
5.30 oz crumbled or diced Feta
2 Tbs Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
Tabasco
chives
salt, pepper

Heat oil and cook onions until tender. Add ground beef and cook until crumbly and done. Add salt and pepper for taste. Now add the Ajvar, cream, broth und soft cheese and stir until it boils. Reduce heat and let it simmer for five minutes. Add more salt and pepper for taste, and Tabasco to your liking. Transfer the soup into four bowls and add cubed or crumbled feta and chives snipped with scissors. Bon Appetit.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:42:47 AM by claws » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 12:40:41 PM »

Rachel Ray's Thick Cut O Rings and Spicy Dipping Sauce

Ingredients

•Vegetable or canola oil for frying
•2 large sweet Vidalia onions
•2 cans evaporated milk, 5 ounces
•1 cup all purpose flour
•1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
•1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
•1 teaspoon sweet paprika, 1/3 palm full
•Coarse salt

Dipping sauce:

•1 cup reduced fat sour cream, eyeball the amount
•1/4 cup chili sauce, eyeball the amount
•1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
•1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

Directions

Heat 1 inch of vegetable or canola oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat.

Cut onions across into 1-inch rings and separate. Discard the outer layer of skin on your rings. Pour evaporated milk into a small, deep bowl. Mix flour with seasonings in a pie plate or shallow dish. Dip individual rings in milk, then coat in flour. And repeat for a double dip. Fry in a single layer in hot oil until golden brown. Remove to brown paper bag or paper towel lined surface to drain. Salt while hot, to your taste.

For dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir.

Tip: refrigerate your onions and canned evaporated milk when you unpack from the grocery store. The colder the better for making onion rings!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 11:04:42 AM »

This is one of our favorite meals, New York steak, twice baked potatoes, and steamed asparagus.
Starting with the simplest item:
Steamed asparagus - rinse the asparagus, then put the spears in a steamer basket, put a 1/2" or so of water in a pot, about 10 minutes before it's time to eat bring the water to a boil, put the asparagus in the pot, cover and steam for 4 to 5 minutes, remove the steamer basket from the pot, drain and serve. The asparagus will be warm, cooked, crisp and very tasty.
New York steak - this should be thick cut, and well marbled, pierce both sides with a fork, apply a dry rub on both sides (I use Grillmasters Montreal Steak Rub) brush both sides lightly with extra virgin olive oil, broil for 3 - 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium rare, longer for medium to well done, a little shorter for rare.
Twice baked potatoes - bake potatoes till they are soft, remove from oven, let them cool off a bit, slice about 1/4 to 1/3 off the top lengthwise, use a spoon to remove the potato from the skin, be careful to save the bootom part of the skin for later use. Put the potato in a mixing bowl, add 2 cloves of minced garlic, grated extra sharp cheddar cheese, pepperjack cheese, 2 chopped green onions, butter and sour cream (basically making thick mashed potatoes), spoon this back into the potato skins, cover with cheddar and pepperjack cheese, broil till the cheese is golden brown.

This makes a great meal for 2 people, me and the wife now that the kids, best described as a pair of stomachs that walk like human beings, have moved out, could start to be expensive, I only make this maybe once or twice a month. 

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Javakoala
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 05:37:52 PM »

I have a passion for pizza like things and have a variation on my previous pizza recipe.

Use Joseph's Flax, Bran, Whole Wheat Pitas. Not advertising for them, but the pitas are quite thin, which enables you to do this:

Take one and cover it with the sauce of choice. I've been using tomato sauce with added seasonings, but hummus or refried beans could be used.

Go light on your choice of toppings. I've used roast beef, ground beef and just plain jalapenos, and various combinations of those.

Lightly cover with the cheese of your choice.

Slide it into a no-stick skillet. I use a 12-inch skillet but 10 will work.

Cover skillet. I bought a skillet with a cover JUST for this type of thing. Yes, I'm weird.

Turn your burner up to half of medium. You want a low persistent heat.

Let it cook for about 10 minutes. You'll know it's pretty much done when the cheese is melted. Cook a little longer if you used cold items on the pizza, other than the cheese.

Slide it onto a cutting board and use either a pizza cutter or a large chef's knife to cut it into quarters.

Enjoy!

It is fast, mostly mess free, tasty as hell and pretty darned healthy, depending on the type of toppings you use. The key here is THIN pitas that are whole grain, with lots of fiber and little carbs. It will take at least two to fill up a fairly hungry person, but one is just enough to blunt the edge of your hunger so you can keep going.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's cooking? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.