Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:17:24 AM
714502 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Autographs/Collecting « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Autographs/Collecting  (Read 16896 times)
Sleepyskull
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Well,well,well...

« on: February 02, 2010, 05:57:42 PM »

I was thinking about my autographs and the famous people I've met when I realized that people on this forum must surely have some good stories to tell!

So what autographs do you have and what celebrities have you met?

When I say celebrities I really mean anybody whose autograph would mean something to you.

I have:

A Hellboy DVD signed by Doug Jones -  Doug was super nice!  As soon as he saw me waiting at his autograph table (this was at Horrorfind Weekend 2009 - http://www.horrorfindweekend.com/) he gave me a huge hug! For those of you who don't know Doug played Abe Sapien in Hellboy.

A CD carrying case signed by the two members of a band called The Dreamsicles.

A baseball signed by Cal Ripken Jr.  Funny story behind this one - I like playing sports but have never liked watching them. So when my middle school was taking a field trip to a sports camp run by Cal Ripken Jr. everybody brought baseballs for him to sign but I brought a Baltimore, Maryland road map (for those who don't know Cal Ripken Jr. played for a baseball team called the Baltimore Orioles) and everybody made fun of me and said it was stupid. Well Cal ended up not being there but the staff gave everybody a ball signed by a player (mostly minor league players) and I was the only one to receive a ball signed by Cal Ripken Jr.! 

Two books signed by the author Gordon Korman - Planet of the Nosepickers
and Chasing the Falconers - book one - On the Run

A CD case autographed by the members of a German band called "Fertig Los". I don't really listen to it but it was a cool gift.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 08:12:14 PM »

I have autographs of all the members of the 80's band Autograph.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:35:53 AM by Ash » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 11:26:02 PM »

I'm not a big autograph collector, but I used to have a copy of ROBOCHIC signed by none other than Peter Johnson!  (Long time readers of the board will undersand).  I sent it to Anubis for correctly answering trivia question.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 11:55:52 PM »

I have my Creepshow DVD signed by Tom Savini an' Adrian Barboa. Its so awkward asking them for their signatures!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 12:11:54 AM »

I have some baseball autographs from some team, I don't remember the players or the team.  It wasn't very memorable.

I have a signed Kevin Bacon picture.  I got it on the internet.  Dunno if it's real, but it's pretty sweet.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 06:52:43 AM »

I have a Famous Monsters 1967 Fearbook signed by Forrest J Ackerman,a copy of the Psychotronic Video Guide signed by Micheal J. Weldon,and a signature from Verne (Mini-Me) Troyer. That's it.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 07:06:54 AM »

I have my Creepshow DVD signed by Tom Savini an' Adrian Barboa. Its so awkward asking them for their signatures!

I didn't meet him but Tom Savini was at horrorfind weekend. By the way, why were you awkward? Were you just nervous meeting them? Because I sort of felt that way with Doug Jones.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 07:42:47 AM »

I have an autographed copy of Captain Eddie Rickenbacker's autobiography.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 07:53:34 AM »

I've got a Tigertailz album signed by all the members of the original band, an Odin album signed by all the band members, a W.A.S.P. album signed by Blackie Lawless and a glossy 10x6 signed by all the original members of 80s L.A. glam band Masque.

I'll post pictures when I get home.

Also, I used to have Eric Cantona's (soccer player) autograph and a few other soccer player's autographs when I met them with my dad; Jason Roberts, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Andy Cole, Jeff Whitley and Nicky Weaver. I have no idea what happened to those, they were all in a little purple book.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 08:10:41 AM »

Doug Bradley wrote on his website that an autograph hunter wanted Pinhead's autograph on his ermmmm...... male organ.  Buggedout When asked if he would do this, Mr Bradley said that he wouldn't do it, even if the organ had been washed recently.  TeddyR

www.dougbradley.co.uk/fanquestion8.php
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 08:16:36 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 09:15:10 AM »

I have a picture of me and Leonard Nimoy, and I have his autograph in my copy of his book "I am Spock" Didn't really get to talk to him .

I have an autographed photo Avery Brooks with me and an autographed pic of Mira Furlin from Babylon 5

Also, have autographed pic of Phil Morris as Jackie Childs from Seinfeld.  Phil guest stars on a lot of scifi TV shows like Star Trek and Smallville.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 10:17:59 AM »

I don't have many autographs, however:

* I once owned an early issue of DAREDEVIL (it was one of the first 10 issues from the 1960s, I believe) signed by Stan Lee.  I sold it on eBay a few years ago.

* I have SHADOW: DEAD RIOT on DVD and it's autographed by Michael Quinlan who plays Dr. Swann in the movie.  I also have an autographed 8 x 10 glossy.  Quinlan is a good friend of a guy I work with and they get together every couple of months.

* I used to have an autograph from Ed Philpott, and obscure New England Patriots football player from the 1970s (I believe they were known as the Boston Patriots when he played for them).  I have no idea what became of that autograph.

Other than that, I have no autographs.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:42:03 AM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 05:01:54 PM »

I have my copy of HIDEOUS! autographed by Charles Band.  He signed both the disc itself and the DVD case. 

I have a poster depicting the special effects work of Nick Maley (LIFEFORCE, INSEMINOID/HORROR PLANET, and his big claim to fame, making the Yoda puppet in Luke's backpack for THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK) that he signed for me. 

And while it's not quite as personal, I got an autographed 11 x 17" poster of the "Ladies of the Evil Dead" artwork from Frightrags, signed by Betsy Baker, Ellen Sandweiss and Theresa Tilly. 

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 11:48:23 AM »

Oh, I almost forgot.  When I was a teenager I had my picture taken with Corinne Alphen (a former Penthouse Pet and ex-wife of actor Ken Wahl).  She also autographed my Junior High yearbook and an 8 x 10 glossy photo.

And I had my picture taken with "big boob" model Busty Hart, which she autographed.

I had a chance to have my picture taken with Chesty Morgan, but they were charging something like $25 for a little instamatic picture so I decided not to do it.  Both the Busty and Chesty events occurred in the early to mid 1980s.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Paquita

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 09:53:22 PM »

All I have is a Lord of the Rings poster signed by Christopher Lee which I got from a college professor that it chummy with him.

I COULD have had autographs from some of the cast of Nightmare on Elmstreet 3 (including Kincaid!!!), but I was held up in the zombie pin-up pageant and missed my chance Bluesad... well at least I got to see them.  Kincaid and the Wizard Master were all by themselves.. I felt kind of bad for them.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Autographs/Collecting « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.