Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:44:41 AM
714439 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Creatures From the Abyss: Definitely a Bad movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Creatures From the Abyss: Definitely a Bad movie  (Read 1718 times)
StatCat
« on: April 05, 2002, 12:09:50 PM »

Creatures From the Abyss Review  

Can a movie like Rats: Night of Terror be considered a masterpiece of Italian cinema? Quite possibly after watching Creatures From the Abyss you might consider this thought like I did...

Creatures From The Abyss= a movie to cherish

Five teenage kids go for a ride in a row boat in the ocean for some reason unknown and unexplained. Their motor gives way and they are soon trapped in a storm. The group stumbles upon a large yacht and they soon discover a mysterious laboratory in which incases large piranhas behind glass and various fish. The strange thing is no crew are aboard, could it possibly be the flying plankton piranhas that can live on land that exterminated the crew? Yes!
Utterly brilliant! The kids are soon picked off in bizarre ways. Like they eat fish (that moves when cooked) out of the fridge and soon one girl vomits these strange looking bug creatures (did I mention a talking piranha pops out of her head later in the movie and so do two giant claws?) I learned that piranhas make strange grunting noises and at times can even engage in conversation! So can showers and strange hallway outlets. What a futuristic boat! Scientists who obviously had a lot of spare time.... Another guy's head turns into a piranha as he is having sex. Later in the movie the girl has fish eggs. These deviate land piranhas are brilliant in spreading their evil spawn. Theres even a giant evil piranha monster that appears to be clay animation. At the end before the boat explodes with a detonation timer a voice tells the remaining two people "get out theres no time for small talk," and "I think you know you're names, get out you bastards" Man this boat is ingenious to be the all seeing eye. Too bad it wasn't too swift to see the piranhas take over. Very funny dubbing job with some of the most inane lines I've ever heard, I can't believe this movie really. Shriek show released this on dvd. An extra feature is a short interview with the director who seems to have the same intelligence level as his movie. I can't believe the guy would even want to show his face. Too bad to believe..
1 and a half out of 5 (just for the unintentional humor (or was it?) alone.
Flangepart
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2002, 12:46:46 PM »

Good grief! Could we add this to the list of "Movies produced under the influance"? Sounds like a definate addition to the "Andrew, ya' gotta see this one!" note book. Man!. Bet 'ya never see this on on TMC! Unless, they have "Amature Night".
StatCat
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2002, 08:15:05 AM »

Checked the search here and it seems Andrew does have it on dvd too, don't remember if anyone else knew of it.
Andrew
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2002, 10:20:59 AM »

I sure do have that ugly little beast and none too happy about it at times either.  Avoided reading your review StatCat, since I'm thinking it is on my hit list once I get home.  That, "Arachnid" and "Sheena" seem like good choices to get back into the swing of things.

The constant "fish cam" angle drove me nuts.  Especially when the people had to have seen the darn thing!  I spent lots of air yelling, "How did he miss the fish?"  Plus, they all see the one guy as half-fish monster, but upon opening the door and finding him covered with slime-water they think maybe it was just a figment?

And that darn clock in the hall...

Andrew
StatCat
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2002, 09:57:44 PM »

I would smash that clock after a total of about 10 minutes, fish clocks with huge buldging winking eyes are pure evil.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Creatures From the Abyss: Definitely a Bad movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.