Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:23:54 PM
714498 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  DRUGS « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: DRUGS  (Read 35190 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2011, 03:39:26 PM »

My personal philosophy is that you should never do a drug that is stronger than you are.

That is truely genius.

Anyhoo, since I last posted in this thread, (over a year ago) I've gotten drunk a few more times. Even enjoyed it a little. But Still not worth the headache and the beer-s**ts.  However, I have also grown quite fond of the ol' mary jane. I smoke it when I can and I still remain the healthiest member of my group of friends. I see nothing wrong with the act of smoking weed.

HOWEVER.

Weed has changed my group of so called "friends" for the worse. They were once a bright energetic creative group of people, but now trust wears thin and it seems that everything we do revolves around smoking pot now.

"Hey, lets go to Hooters and get all-you-can-eat wings!"
"YEA!"
"Ok, but we gottta get SUUUUPER baked first, right?"
"Well, sure. Ok."
"Do you have any?"
"....Um, no. I havent bought any in a while."
"AUGH. Ok, well....umm...lemmie call Matt. Maybe he has some we can buy or maybe he'll smoke us out."

Everything we do becomes this big long drawn out thing where we need to hunt down weed before we do anything fun. It drives me crazy. And that's when we're actually DOING something. most of the time, it's the ol' sit around the bong in a basement.

I like weed. I do. I see no problem with it. But some people, not ALL people, become heavily MENTALY addicted to it, and they never are the same afterwards.  
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:52:28 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2011, 04:01:52 PM »

My personal philosophy is that you should never do a drug that is stronger than you are.

That is truely genius.

Anyhoo, since I last posted in this thread, (over a year ago) I've gotten drunk a few more times. Even enjoyed it a little. But Still not worth the headache and the beer-s**ts.  However, I have also grown quite fond of the ol' mary jane. I smoke it when I can and I still remain the healthiest member of my group of friends. I see nothing wrong with the act of smoking weed.

HOWEVER.

Weed has changed my group of so called "friends" for the worse. They were once a bright energetic creative group of people, but now trust wears thin and it seems that everything we do revolves around smoking pot now.

"Hey, lets go to Hooters and get all-you-can-eat wings!"
"YEA!"
Ok, but we gottta get SUUUUPER baked first, right?"
"Well, sure. Ok."
"Do you have any?"
"....Um, no. I havent baught any in a while."
"AUGH. Ok, well....umm...lemmie call Matt. Maybe he has some we can buy or maybe he'll some us out."

Everything we do becomes this big long drawn out thing where we need to hunt down weed before we do anything fun. It drives me crazy. And that's when we're actually DOING something. most of the time, it's the ol' sit around the bong in a basement.

I like weed. I do. I see no problem with it. But some people, not ALL people, become heavily MENTALY addicted to it, and they never are the same afterwards.  

I agree with your assessment. I've smoked off and on throughout my life, although I haven't touched the stuff in years. I have little ones and have to keep things minimal.

That said, one thing that always annoyed me about potheads was that, as you say, every activity revolved around getting baked first. That's where it crosses the line for me. I look at ANY substance as something that can add to an event, but should never be necessary to enjoy the event or, worse yet, BE the event.

I have a philosophy that people can get addicted to lots of things, a drug, a video game, a hot tub, food, etc. When people use such things as an escape from reality, that's when it becomes a problem. Potheads, and anybody else for that matter, need to be able to engage and enjoy life with or without their libation of choice.

If somebody is saying "Ok, but we gotta get SUUUUPER baked first, right?" then it's up to you to just say it: "well no, we don't have to be." If you're going along with the drawn out delays, then you're exacerbating the problem. Time to put your foot down with them potheads, my friend.

Aside from that, no, I don't have a problem with weed.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2011, 04:53:37 PM »

I knew a few potheads back in my college days. They were nice enough, super laid back and easygoing but half the time, they missed class and didn't seem to care too much when they were there. Of course the majority eventually flunked out and weren't there in year two. Nothing, just nothing, seemed as important as their next high. Seeing them and how they behaved was a turnoff for me from ever smoking it.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2011, 04:57:50 PM »

So, I've pretty much been up all weekend. Felt like Tony Montana.

I need to find some local clinics, see if I can get some help at a cheaper price. Can't do a full rehab.

you could try and do what I did to quit smoking.........just quit cold turkey

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2011, 05:04:39 PM »

I think I'm much too far to just stop. When you drink and do these kinds of drugs, you really need to watch.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2011, 09:47:51 PM »

Thanks to a mental illness that can react very badly to any kind of drug, I've never done anything illegal and I have to monitor myself whenever I go on long-term prescriptions to make sure it isn't having a serious effect on me.

I do enjoy a glass or two of something alcoholic once in a while though; I kind of like that sort of bite alcohol gives a drink. It's never had any real effect on me other than a bit of a buzz (and that was when I was trying to get drunk).
Vik
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2011, 12:51:14 PM »

Words cannot describe how badly I've been wanting to take mushrooms lately.
KYGOTC

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2011, 03:12:08 PM »

I've been wanting to do that too. If it grows out of the ground and hasn't been tampered with, I'll try it at least once.

akiratubo

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »

Yesterday I found a stashed bottle of oxycodone pills I forgot I had.  I actually sat around just staring at the bottle for more than an hour, then I crushed the pills and flushed them down the drain.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2011, 03:39:57 PM »

If it's not going to hurt you or anybody else, go for it. If it is, please don't.

I'm sorry for injecting common sense into this. Forgive me everybody.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2011, 04:24:24 PM »

Kira, good call. If they're needed, it's one thing. I took them a few times and felt like I was on heroin, throwing up and such.

KYGOTC

« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2011, 05:02:42 PM »

Yesterday I found a stashed bottle of oxycodone pills I forgot I had.  I actually sat around just staring at the bottle for more than an hour, then I crushed the pills and flushed them down the drain.

I've never done that stuff, nor do I trust it. My friend in the army speaks highly of it, but like I said, if it it didn't grow out of the ground or has been synthosysed in some dudes basement, chances are it's bad news.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2011, 03:52:36 AM »

I've never done that stuff, nor do I trust it. My friend in the army speaks highly of it, but like I said, if it it didn't grow out of the ground or has been synthosysed in some dudes basement, chances are it's bad news.

Just forget the idea that there are "natural" drugs. Everything is natural because this is the real world. Throw out the idea that that "natural" drugs are better because they were already here.

Drugs are drugs. "Oxycontin" is basically heroin, don't sell yourself that is anything better than.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2011, 08:34:36 AM »

Just forget the idea that there are "natural" drugs. Everything is natural because this is the real world. Throw out the idea that that "natural" drugs are better because they were already here.

Drugs are drugs. "Oxycontin" is basically heroin, don't sell yourself that is anything better than.
Yeah.  Hell, most everyone I know starts using heroin after taking Oxy's.  Heroin's cheaper to get.

KYGOTC

« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2011, 10:56:33 AM »

Oh, DEFFINATLY, dude! I have no arguement with you there. I agree completely! Anything that even RESEMBLES heroin I won't even be in the same ROOM as.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  DRUGS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.