Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:27:49 PM
714388 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Drunken Master ROCKS!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Drunken Master ROCKS!!!  (Read 2146 times)
NeonNoodle
« on: April 05, 2002, 09:23:17 PM »

Finally, at long last, this DVD is available to the masses!

Jackie (or Jacky, according to the credits) is most excellent in this movie - don't try to test the kung fu of anyone who can invent a fighting style called "Dog Eats S**t"...
I was kind of p**sed because it seems like some of the training sequences were edited out - but the movie is totally worth owning. Your Iron Head is no match for the 8 Drunken Fairies!!!
Trumpey
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2002, 10:35:27 PM »

don't miss "drunken wu tang" reviewed on this site.
systemcr4sh
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2002, 11:42:14 AM »

Neon Noodle, Are you talking about the ORIGINAL one? Or the sequel to it that was released in us / canada as just "Druken Master" ? I have the original on tape and coulden't even sit through it, after a while it got very boring. Maybe i'll watch it again sometime.

They did the same thing with operation condor. The movie "Operation Condor" that was released in the Us/Canada as the frist one, was really a sequel to the original, which was released in Us/Canada as "Operation Condor 2". Confusing isn't it?

-Dan
Lee
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2002, 11:53:50 AM »

I love this flick! That brawl at the end between Jackie and Hwang Jang Lee is nuts! Woo-Ping did an awesome job directing. It's too bad his movies as of late don't seem to have the same energy that he is known and loved for.
NeonNoodle
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2002, 11:01:57 AM »

I mean the original one from 1978. It took me a few moments to realize the reason Jackie looked so different is because his nose hadn't been broken so many times back then!

I'll admit, the film is slow in a couple of spots - but given the choice between this one and The Legend of Drunken Master (a.k.a. Drunken Master 2), It's the first one all the way! Much more fighting, more comedy, and more drinking - all good combinations...

it's like watching the combined powers of Mikhail Barishnikov, Bruce Lee, and Dwight Schultz (from his days on A-team as Howlin' Mad Murdock) in one package - Jackie should make more movies like this one, IMHO.
Rev. Darkstar
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2002, 01:36:56 PM »

I got hold of a copy of Drunken Master 3 on VCD a while back and I've got to say that it totally sucks, the main character isn't Wong Fei Hung and nobody uses the Drunken Boxing style.  Stick with the first two.
slax
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2002, 09:25:15 AM »

well supposedly the person who made part 3 was making part 2 with Jackie but him and Jackie had a tiff and he quit and went and made part 3 instead

I've seen Part 1and 2 and they are great but i've never seen nor read a good review of part 3
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Drunken Master ROCKS!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.