Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:27:28 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Top Ten Vampire Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Top Ten Vampire Movies  (Read 17031 times)
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2010, 11:49:05 PM »

Watch it again, there is throat biting and blood drinking, but as I wrote in my second posting in this thread, it's not apparent except when Dr. Carmus is killed by the muscleman (who bites his throat after killing him).  But remember, vampirism is primarily about taking life from the living in order to live, undead, still.  Taking the BLOOD of the living is the premise of the film, and the "ghosts" state it to "Alan" at the end.  "Your blood means our life..." 

OK, I see how you can consider it a vampire movie based on that.
oxode
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2010, 09:21:48 AM »

hot I miss: "Planet of the Vampires", i.e. "Terrore nello spazio" by Mario Bava! No one mentioned it and I think it's one of the most iteressting Vampyreflicks.

Also not to be left unmetioned: "Lifeforce" by Tobe Hooper. . . . Yes, I know, most folks don't like it but I do. It has a quite clever plot, some good characters (Col. Colin Caine) and Mathilda May as god and some plastic surgeons have made her.

Oh yes and an other "exotic" "Les lèvres rouges"/"Blood on the Lips" ba Harry Kuemel. The movie Jean Rollin allways wanted to make but was not good enough. Harry Kuemel was. In my eyes the best erotic bloodsucker movie.
venomx
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »

Can someone recommend me some good Ingrid Pitt films? Please and thank you. Wink

I know of none, I think she's beautiful so I want to watch some of her flims.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 04:44:21 PM »

Can someone recommend me some good Ingrid Pitt films? Please and thank you. Wink

I know of none, I think she's beautiful so I want to watch some of her flims.

The Vampire Lovers is probably the best one to start with, and her most well known films are Octop***y and The Wicker Man.

Thumbup

venomx
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 05:00:49 PM »

The Vampire Lovers (1970)...

Circus, HOLY ravioli! Thats got to be the best trailer I've see all week. Thanks, Bro. Thumbup
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 09:37:12 PM »

Not a huge fan of vampire movies in general.  But there's a few I like to watch on occasion:
Nosferatu- Beautiful film.
Dracula (1931)- Doesn't age as well, but still one I pop in occasionally.
Martin- '70s film by George A. Romero
Fright Night- Classic movie. 
The Lost Boys- Some may disagree but I grew up watching it.
Shadow of The Vampire- an imaginitive version of the making of Nosferatue, where the lead actor is a real vampire.
Dracula: Dead and Loving It- Not Mel Brooks best, but a fun take on it.
Monster Squad- Count Dracula needs to find an amulet in order to shift the balance of power to the dark side.  So he enlists the help of Wolfman, The Mummy, Frankenstein's Monster, and The Creature from the Black Lagoon to do so.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2011, 11:13:26 PM »

I'm glad to see this one get a little love. People seem to like to give it crap because it wasn't as good as Young Frankenstein (tough act to follow), but I really like it. And the "Lucy, I'm British." "So are these!" exchange made me a fan of Lysette Anthony for life.  Thumbup

Anyway, here's my list:...

In no particular order:

Nosferatu (the original)
Martin
Vampire Circus
From Dusk Till Dawn
Vampyr
The Last Man On Earth
Fright Night
Cronos
Vampyros Lesbos
Near Dark

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:15:49 PM by WilliamWeird1313 » Logged

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2011, 11:31:30 PM »

Okay this is gonna be hard for me, but ill do it. As usual for me, in not particular order. (After all I really don't have a favorite anything. I just enjoy a lot of stuff)

1. Nosferatu
2. Dracula (Spanish version)
3. Dracula 1931
4. Horror of Dracula
5. Dracula Prince of Darkness
6. Dracula Has Risen from the Grave
7. The Last Man on Earth

Can't think of those at the moment, but ill fill them in eventually. I promise!

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 06:41:50 PM »

I'm glad to see this one get a little love. People seem to like to give it crap because it wasn't as good as Young Frankenstein (tough act to follow), but I really like it. And the "Lucy, I'm British." "So are these!" exchange made me a fan of Lysette Anthony for life.  Thumbup

Here's the irony: I like it a bit more than Young Frankenstein.  Maybe cause of my age and I saw Dead and Loving It first, I don't know.  Then again, I'm partial to Leslie Nielsen films so...

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Skull
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2011, 11:19:15 AM »

I love DRACULA (1931) and NOSFERATU (1922) but I feel they are such a classic (for the good/bad [due to limits]) that it's not worth mention on my list...

1... Horror Rises from the Tomb (1973)

Small | Large

I like this story because it's not your typical vampire film, this is more or less a warlock that turned into a vampire to become immortal.

2... Waxwork (1988)

Small | Large

True Waxwork's isnt a vampire movie, but I really love this scene; especially when we find the source of Steak tar-tar.

3... Martin (1977)

Small | Large

A not so typical vampire story that seems slightly realistic since the character in question doesnt display any real vampire powers and it's assumed that he might be insane... So the story could be a realistic tale of such serial kills like: Rod Ferrell, Richard Chase and Nico Claux. I also like it because it seemed to be the first of it's kind.

4... Queen of Blood (1966)

Small | Large

I'm really fond of Queen of Blood because she is simply a predator. Though she is an alien and not undead, her chararistics is more towards undeadish; especially since she only communicates with her eyes.

5... Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural (1973)

Small | Large

Sorry, the video is poor. I just recently seen the film 3 weeks ago and really love it. The movie was assumed lost for sometime so it's likely that not many has heard or seen the movie. Good news it's currently on Netflix instant play!

6... Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter (1974)

Small | Large

Lots of fun... not your typical vampire film; I guess I find it quite joyful since it takes place during those "witch hunting movies" and it feels like The Three Musketeers vs Dracula (maybe a good idea for a film?)...

7... The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)

Small | Large

I often has mixed feelings with this movie. Partly because the mixed feelings I have with the director (tragic murder of Sharon Tate) and (his rape in the 1970's). Although the other part is the first 30 min. The comedy gets too redundant and boring; if Roman Polanski could of shorten the cabin/inn scene by a few minutes it could of been a bigger classic, I would list it as number 1. The joy-joy part of the movie is the vampire in the castle.

8... Fright Night (1985)

Small | Large

I really wish there were more vampire movies like this ^^^

9... Blood and Roses (1960)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-9Urv1QOLQ (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

I guess I like gothic vampire movies... :)

10... Salem's Lot (1979)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC5HZzjjI9Y&feature=related (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

It's hard to believe this is a TV Miniseries... Ditto's to Tobe Hooper and Stephen King... :)

:)
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2011, 05:39:06 PM »

Very surprised no one has said "Let the Right One In" - I still have not seen the American remake, even though I've heard it's good, but the Swedish one is one of the best movies I've ever seen, not just one of the best Vampire movies.  I appreciate its matter-of-fact style.

I have no idea what this means.
66Crush
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2011, 11:14:21 PM »

"The Last Man on Earth" was the first movie to portray vampires almost like zombies. That being said I must bring up "30 Days of Night" I know a lot of people don't like it, but quite frankly I think it's under-rated. Also under-rated is "Salem's Lot" it is one of the best Vampire movies to this day. I'm going to get a lot of crap for this, but I think "Fright Night" is highly over-rated. It's a good movie, I just don't understand why people love it so much and why it's been ripped off so many times by other movies.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Top Ten Vampire Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.