Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:04:20 PM
714462 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My most recent viewings . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My most recent viewings . . .  (Read 1812 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: February 03, 2010, 10:20:31 PM »

I've been staying up late to watch movies a good bit lately, but then I'm too tired to review them before I go to bed.  So here's a threefer for you guys . .

The Asylum's SHERLOCK HOLMES

Oh, my head!!  Downey looks like a perfect rendition of Conan Doyle's Great Detective compared to the twentysomething prettyboy who plays Holmes in this movie.  It also features dinosaurs, a flying dragon, some bizarre balloon/airplane combo, and Sherlock Holmes' brother Roger (no, not Mycroft) gone bad after gettin wounded as a cop.  It's very obvious that whoever wrote this abortion of a screenplay had only read a badly smudged Xerox of the Cliff's Notes to the worst of Conan Doyle's imitators . . . these characters bore no resemblance to the names they carried.  AWFUL.  I actually fell asleep.

WHITEOUT

Kate Beckinsdale may look better as a vampire, but she's not hard to look at in this Antarctic murder mystery.  Tom Skerret plays her friend, a grizzled and jaded old doctor, who is involved more deeply in the case than you might think.  Some beautiful scenery and a pretty good murder mystery to boot.

ZOMBIELAND

Best . . .movie . . . ever!  Oh, I wish I had seen this in the theaters.  The amusement park zombie battle alone deserves 13 Oscars.  I must own this film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 10:43:05 PM »

I saw Zombieland in theaters and really enjoyed it.  Best horror/comedy in recent memory.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
nilbog
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 05:46:36 PM »

I saw Zombieland in theaters and really enjoyed it.  Best horror/comedy in recent memory.

Agreed. Although I also Really liked Dance of the Dead

craptasticmovies.com

"Nilbog! It's Goblin Spelt Backwards!"
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 07:47:37 PM »

The Return Of Dracula
And
The Vampire

The Vampire Was Pretty Good But The Return Of Dracula Was Awful......And Not In A Good Way!
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 10:10:14 PM »

ZOMBIELAND

Best . . .movie . . . ever!  Oh, I wish I had seen this in the theaters.  The amusement park zombie battle alone deserves 13 Oscars.  I must own this film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA.  My wife and I actually had a VERY rare date night...got a babysitter and everything, to see ZOMBIELAND in the theatre.

What a gas!  That movie was a TON of fun.  I read in some review somewhere that that was the part Woody Harrelson was born to play...and I agree.  He was perfect as Tallahassee.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 03:12:57 PM »

Having just read "Whiteout," the things you learn by reading the threads on this board. I didn't know they made a film version of it. Or maybe I did, I just forgot about it--on purpose.

Because if you want an example of how Hollywood can f*** up a good idea for a film, "Whiteout" should be Exhibit A.

I won't say much about the casting, except Beckinsale looks nothing like the character in the graphic novel.

As replacing the character Sharpe with a character named Pryce and having that character played by a man, they turned what might have been a good female buddy-buddy film into a generic action picture.

And the plot? WTF!? Was that? And this when they had the perfect plot. A modern day tale of gold and greed and murder at the South Pole.

He just shakes his head.

My advice, skip the film, read the graphic novel, instead.
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 01:52:59 PM »

RETURN TO OZ

I Have Heard A Lot Of Interesting Things About This Movie , And Finally Rented It
The Movie Was GREAT , It Was A Great Follow Up To The Original , And Introduced A Lot Of New And Interesting Characters
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 08:23:24 PM »

RETURN TO OZ

I Have Heard A Lot Of Interesting Things About This Movie , And Finally Rented It
The Movie Was GREAT , It Was A Great Follow Up To The Original , And Introduced A Lot Of New And Interesting Characters

If you have read any of the "Oz" books by L. Frank Baum, this film is probably a closer adaptation of the books then the film from 1939. That film really played down the violence and the scariness factor which can be found the books, and which can be found in this film. This film also included a number of characters--such as the Wheelers, Tik-Tok, Jack Pumpkinhead, etc.--which are found in the books, but are not seen in the 1939 film. Why didn't do this film do better at the boxoffice, since it was a close adaptation of the books? Probably because it wasn't similiar to the 1939 film.
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 02:31:14 PM »

^ I Have Not Read Any Of The Books Yet But I Hope To Soon , I Heard That There Are 14 books in the series

As For My Latest Viewings.....

THE ALLIGATOR PEOPLE
People Horribly Magnled By Accidents Use An Experimental Serum Derived From Alligators
Not Knowing Of The Unusual Side Effects...... It Was A Pretty Good Movie And It Features Lon Chaney Jr. In A Supporting Role

MONSTURD
A Convicted Serial Murderer Escapes Into The Sewer Not Knowing That Unknown Chemicals Have Been Disposed Of In The Sewer , He Is Eaten By The Toxic Sludge And Is Reborn As The MONSTURD , An Evil Killer Turd Movie!.....This Movie Is An Absolute Masterpiece!
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 03:43:06 PM »

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST : A Dark Tale

I Caught It On The SCI-FI CHANNEL On Saturday Night
Out Of Every Couple Hundred Terrible Movies Made By The SCI-FI Channel There Are Always One Or Two Good Ones , Luckily This Was One Of The Good Ones , It Stars Rhett Gilles Who Starred In A Lot Of ASYLUM STUDIOS Movies , And It Also Stars The Super Hot Estella Warren
Javakoala
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 09:37:52 PM »

Switchblade Sisters--nice bit of 70's throwback weirdness.  Jack Hill at his best.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My most recent viewings . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.