Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:38:42 PM
714420 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What are you doing right now? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 243
Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 1026461 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3345 on: January 08, 2019, 04:11:20 PM »

Plotting.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3346 on: January 08, 2019, 08:39:48 PM »

Sitting in front of the computer, drinking and smoking and listening to CCR on the radio.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3347 on: January 08, 2019, 09:54:44 PM »

Drinking and listening to metal.

Screw what the doctors say.  I'm alive. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
316zombie
« Reply #3348 on: January 08, 2019, 10:17:11 PM »

attempting to figure out how to get to the old version of " on demand" with my new cable box/remote.. no  success yet...my new place is too small to throw things in, THAT is a definite drawback.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3349 on: January 10, 2019, 12:33:01 AM »

Trying to unwind and center myself after three straight days of rising before the sun to get three children off to two different schools (that part's usual), commuting through the city's worst traffic to my day job (typical morning), working there nine to five (again, the norm), then turning around and driving an hour to another job (rarer), where I go through head games for four more hours when I'm there, then I leave and drive an hour home, getting back once more in darkness, the children asleep, the day done, having missed everything.

Been a hard week and I can't wrap my mind around the fact it's only been three days that I been doing the evening work on top of the day since it seems like many more. I may have to take a leave from my day job and I don't want to but seventeen hour days on top of four hours of sleep begins to add up fast. Fortunately I can "probably" retire from one of the jobs in two years, and at that point I may run the other (day) job, so that keeps me going.

One of the double-weirdnesses of my day job is: A. my father is my boss, and B. he once worked for the same people I do on this evening job.

You'd think that'd make him understanding if I tell him I need to take a leave until this assignment in the evenings is sorted out, but I'm not sure. I worked part-time for him for several years and only recently switched to full-time with more duties, and he's going to tell me there is no one to replace me, which is true, the former intern I just hired part-time couldn't begin to. My father could but that'd put way too much on him.

He can be a great boss or a mind-crushing one, and since he's got about twenty IQ points on me, maybe much more, he's never told me his IQ but I know it's....like retardation in reverse, plus the job he used to work involved a lot of outhinking other people, some f those people motivated and highly intelligent in their own right, so when I try to face off with him I usually feel like I've lost before I begin. It gets really funny in a dismal dreary way. It's like trying to play chess with a HAL 9000.

"I'm sorry, Evelyn, but I can't let you do that.... This mission is too important for your human needs to factor into the equation...."

That office is the only place where having an IQ of 140 can make you feel like something stuck on the bottom of a shoe.

There was a time when working like this probably wouldn't have made a dent in my psyche but that time's done, I'm getting drained and I see no end in sight unless I can get a break from the day job, soooo....may have to tomorrow or else.

Heck, right now I'd settle for a good night's sleep but I am so wide awake it's not funny. Tired, brain-zapped, but wide awake.

Ah, the joys of being me....  Cheers

The man who was almost my father in law is a great salesman, like the Mozart of the industry, and is also a talented student of human nature, able to figure others out better than they know themselves, and he asked today if I wanted him to talk to my dad for me about me taking a leave and I was like, "Joe, you're good, you're really, really good, but my dad would mentally shred you."

(My dad doesn't like Joe to begin with.)

Joe said, "Well that sounds like a challenge if ever I heard one."

And I had to laugh, that would be worth selling tickets for, the irresistible force versus the immovable object, but, nah, it's on me.

All of it.

Wow. So in.....like eight hours I have to make my case for why I need time off and all I have for that is, "Hey, Dad, this work schedule is gonna make me nuts."

To which he'll say, "El, honey, you're already nuts."

Logic, ya can't beat it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:04:49 AM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3350 on: January 10, 2019, 10:33:28 AM »

Trying to unwind and center myself after three straight days of rising before the sun to get three children off to two different schools (that part's usual), commuting through the city's worst traffic to my day job (typical morning), working there nine to five (again, the norm), then turning around and driving an hour to another job (rarer), where I go through head games for four more hours when I'm there, then I leave and drive an hour home, getting back once more in darkness, the children asleep, the day done, having missed everything.

Been a hard week and I can't wrap my mind around the fact it's only been three days that I been doing the evening work on top of the day since it seems like many more. I may have to take a leave from my day job and I don't want to but seventeen hour days on top of four hours of sleep begins to add up fast. Fortunately I can "probably" retire from one of the jobs in two years, and at that point I may run the other (day) job, so that keeps me going.

One of the double-weirdnesses of my day job is: A. my father is my boss, and B. he once worked for the same people I do on this evening job.

You'd think that'd make him understanding if I tell him I need to take a leave until this assignment in the evenings is sorted out, but I'm not sure. I worked part-time for him for several years and only recently switched to full-time with more duties, and he's going to tell me there is no one to replace me, which is true, the former intern I just hired part-time couldn't begin to. My father could but that'd put way too much on him.

He can be a great boss or a mind-crushing one, and since he's got about twenty IQ points on me, maybe much more, he's never told me his IQ but I know it's....like retardation in reverse, plus the job he used to work involved a lot of outhinking other people, some f those people motivated and highly intelligent in their own right, so when I try to face off with him I usually feel like I've lost before I begin. It gets really funny in a dismal dreary way. It's like trying to play chess with a HAL 9000.

"I'm sorry, Evelyn, but I can't let you do that.... This mission is too important for your human needs to factor into the equation...."

That office is the only place where having an IQ of 140 can make you feel like something stuck on the bottom of a shoe.

There was a time when working like this probably wouldn't have made a dent in my psyche but that time's done, I'm getting drained and I see no end in sight unless I can get a break from the day job, soooo....may have to tomorrow or else.

Heck, right now I'd settle for a good night's sleep but I am so wide awake it's not funny. Tired, brain-zapped, but wide awake.

Ah, the joys of being me....  Cheers

The man who was almost my father in law is a great salesman, like the Mozart of the industry, and is also a talented student of human nature, able to figure others out better than they know themselves, and he asked today if I wanted him to talk to my dad for me about me taking a leave and I was like, "Joe, you're good, you're really, really good, but my dad would mentally shred you."

(My dad doesn't like Joe to begin with.)

Joe said, "Well that sounds like a challenge if ever I heard one."

And I had to laugh, that would be worth selling tickets for, the irresistible force versus the immovable object, but, nah, it's on me.

All of it.

Wow. So in.....like eight hours I have to make my case for why I need time off and all I have for that is, "Hey, Dad, this work schedule is gonna make me nuts."

To which he'll say, "El, honey, you're already nuts."

Logic, ya can't beat it.

Sod all that, I took the morning off.   TongueOut

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3351 on: January 10, 2019, 08:52:40 PM »

Again, I am sitting in front of the computer smoking and drinking. (or "drinkink" as Col. Klink would say). Except now on the radio is ODE TO BILLY JO.

Small | Large

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:56:09 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3352 on: January 10, 2019, 08:59:33 PM »

Again, I am sitting in front of the computer smoking and drinking. (or "drinkink" as Col. Klink would say). Except now on the radio is ODE TO BILLY JO.

http://youtu.be/HaRacIzZSPo

Same... except I usually visit this: 

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3353 on: January 10, 2019, 09:52:25 PM »

I don't get drinkink, I had three modest glasses of wine in two hours today while I played hooky, and my head has hurt ever since.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3354 on: January 14, 2019, 08:31:08 AM »

Eish, it is f*****g hot today.  hot

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3355 on: January 14, 2019, 09:35:43 AM »

Waiting for the 9:45 meeting to come to pass; starving, my normal state of existence; wondering if me mentioning night terrors in here yesterday is why I had one last night ('bout gave my husband apoplexy); thinking I should have worn gloves when I spread the rock salt on the walkway a bit ago, since the slushy snow has become ice and I didn't want anyone to fall, but now my hands are turning to jerky; I'm also perplexed as to why one of the new interns, who was (I am not kidding) Miss Sweet Potato Queen in her county in Alabama, can speak Italian but she can't seem to remember to turn off the light in the break room when she leaves it, and pondering why I have to be the bad person when it comes to getting workers to do things here; and lastly, I don't like to throw away dead plants and feel like burying them is kinder to their spirits or some Shinto-inspired idea like that, so I'm wondering if the ground is soft enough to permit me to bury this dead plant at lunchtime; looking at the plant reminds me of the intern who gave it to us in 2017, a sweet girl who had a habit of cracking her knuckles, making one of the other girls here then twitch in irritation when she did.

Ah, good times, those.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 09:41:10 AM by ER » Logged

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3356 on: January 14, 2019, 09:59:19 AM »

Procrastinating.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws
« Reply #3357 on: January 14, 2019, 02:09:19 PM »

Reading and wondering why people feel the need to post unrelated attention seeking borderline stupid smart ass-ish comments on popular videos on youtube. 9 out of 10 comments have nothing to do with the actual video. And most of these "non" comments even get the most likes. Go figure.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3358 on: January 18, 2019, 07:35:11 AM »

Just finished scaring new colleagues with my patented zombie walk  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3359 on: January 18, 2019, 08:52:44 AM »

Writing about what I'm doing.

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 243
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What are you doing right now? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.