Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:07:28 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  And Oscar Winners Are... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: And Oscar Winners Are...  (Read 4052 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: March 08, 2010, 08:51:16 AM »

In case anyone cares, here is the list of winners for the Oscars last night.

http://movies.msn.com/academy-awards/winners-list/?GT1=28101

I guess I was wrong about who would win Best Picture though...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 01:57:46 PM »

I think it's funny how Sandra Bullock got worst actress at the Razzies and best actress at the Oscars.  Not that I'm surprised about the Razzie.  I heard All About Steve was positively godawful. 
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 04:40:02 PM »

Sandra Bullock...best actress...ok I give up on Hollywood.  Side note, I am a huge fan of Jeff Bridges so I'm glad he finally got himself an Oscar. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 04:59:48 PM »

Sandra Bullock...best actress...ok I give up on Hollywood.  Side note, I am a huge fan of Jeff Bridges so I'm glad he finally got himself an Oscar. 

Got to agree with you on both counts, DarkSider. Sandra Bullock got lucky.  Jeff Bridges has deserved an oscar for nurmerous roles for years!

To add,  the Hurt Locker beat out Avatar for best picture -- not suprised in a way.  Nine times out of ten, I usually have not seen the film that gets BEST PICTURE award anyway. Lookingup

Hold onto your dreams ....
3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 05:28:17 PM »

What a joke that Bullock won for that sentimental overrated crap. ugh..

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 06:18:07 PM »

Bullock has pretty much ruined every damn film I've seen her in.  I guess Jennifer Aniston will be accepting a golden statue in the near future too.   Thumbdown Lookingup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 06:20:03 PM »

What a joke that Bullock won for that sentimental overrated crap. ugh..

Bullock has pretty much ruined every damn film I've seen her in.  I guess Jennifer Aniston will be accepting a golden statue in the near future too.   Thumbdown Lookingup

Don't worry!  She's a got Razzie to even things out.  That'll teach for being in All About Steve!

Anyways, I personally would have liked to see the girl from Precious win Best Actress.  Very good performance for a first timer.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
nilbog
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 06:41:53 PM »

The Hurt Locker beat Avatar at most of the big award ceremonies so it's no surprise at all it won (it was the favourite to win I believe - just Avatar is a more famous movie, so more was heard about it)

craptasticmovies.com

"Nilbog! It's Goblin Spelt Backwards!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 09:09:48 PM »

Bigelow, THE HURT LOCKER and Bridges were all the "correct" choices IMO. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Luchi
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 01:04:07 AM »

I  am  hearing a controversy that "Sandra Bullock" is not the fittest actress for that Golden statue. But i watched the movie "The blind side  "  and here acting gives me much pleasure. I have no doubt about her best actress award.
Jim H

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 01:21:55 AM »

The Hurt Locker beat Avatar at most of the big award ceremonies so it's no surprise at all it won (it was the favourite to win I believe - just Avatar is a more famous movie, so more was heard about it)

I had guessed a split - Bigelow for Director, Avatar for Picture.  I wouldn't have given Avatar a chance, except that they opened it up to ten nominees this year - meaning the "art house" voters had their votes diluted, if you will, between more pictures.  At least I was half-right.

We have an Oscar pool with about six of us here.  I've won three years in a row - this time by a single win (I got 15 right).   Cheers
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  And Oscar Winners Are... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.