Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:32:37 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The 50 Most Racist Movies Ever?! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The 50 Most Racist Movies Ever?!  (Read 10601 times)
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 04:28:06 AM »

Big trouble in little china?
Oh, f**k you, list.
Gremlins?
You a***ole...
FALLING DOWN?!
Okay, f**k this list.
Seriously.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 09:22:47 AM »

I think they missed the point of Jack's character in Big Trouble in Little China.  He  was more of a pardoy of action heroes than the hero itself.   More often he just messed up than actually did anything useful.  The villains and the main hero where all Chinese.

I don't even think they bothered watching Falling Down at all.  "Poor white male"  The "poor white male" was the friggin' villain of the movie!

Really the whole list is just insulting.

It seems like every time a movie features a minority as a bad guy, it's racists. 
If there are minorities in the movie, but a white guy is the hero, it's racists. 
If a minority is used for comic purposes, it's racists.  Funny how they don't point out anytimes white people act like idiots is racist.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 10:10:48 AM »

PLANET OF THE APES? PLANET OF THE APES??????

One of the best sci fi movies ever!!!!!

Small | Large

Of course the gorillas were mean-THEY'RE GORILLAS! The history of horror films are loaded with gorillas! Big scary,hairy,ugly! Big teeth! KONGA! KILL KONGA! KILL!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 10:21:43 AM »

Pretty stupid list, with some pretty lousy movies on it.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 10:24:24 AM »

I believe that the person who did this wasn't doing a real f**king job. Seriously, Gremlins? Aladdin? Just why? WHY?!

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 10:26:41 AM »

I won't read lists like that, where you have to click through every entry to find the next one.  So, did they include BIRTH OF A NATION and TRIUMPH OF THE WILL?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 10:39:51 AM »

I won't read lists like that, where you have to click through every entry to find the next one.  So, did they include BIRTH OF A NATION and TRIUMPH OF THE WILL?

Thank you very much! No-they did not. Course they don't watch movies......just  comment blindly about something they know nothing about. Stupid humans. Stupid! STUPID!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 11:23:22 AM »

Did they have any movies on the list featuring Fu Manchu, Charlie Chan, Mr. Wong and Mr. Moto?  - Asian characters who often tend to get played by European or Hawaiin actors. Not that I personally think of any of those (except maybe sometimes Fu Manchu) as particularly racist though since the quasi Asian lead is nearly always the wise hero.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 11:41:04 AM »

Did they have any movies on the list featuring Fu Manchu, Charlie Chan, Mr. Wong and Mr. Moto?  - Asian characters who often tend to get played by European or Hawaiin actors. Not that I personally think of any of those (except maybe sometimes Fu Manchu) as particularly racist though since the quasi Asian lead is nearly always the wise hero.

Not one "Yellow Threat" movie from the 30's. No old movies showing blacks as shiftless lazy idiots,asians as buck teeth monsters (GUNG HO anyone?) or mexicans as sleepy drunks. Or southeners as moonshine swilling idiots or yankee killing psychos. Or 'the only good indian is a dead indian."  Hatred In fact-the namless author mostly makes mountains of molehills-. I think he needs to get laid-he reads too much into stuff.
Alot of the movies he listed-I don't care about. But PLANET OF THE APES???? Uhhh......

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »

Its not "The 50 Most Racist Movies Ever," its the "50 movies you didnt know were racist," which is why stuff like Birth of a Nation was not mentioned. That said, the person who wrote it is going out of their way to look for stuff to criticize, and many of the assumptions they come to are rooted in their own racial issues.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 12:25:20 PM »

Hmmm, reading too far into things, and finding racist connotations, sounds like sociology!
Well, bad sociology, like a sociologist is trying to make a name for themself.

If you read too far into "Green Eggs and Ham", it could possibly be about trying out gay sex-- think about it, two green eggs, and a big ol' green ham!

"I will not try them here or there, I will not try them anywhere; I do not like them Sam I Am".

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Javakoala
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 01:49:31 PM »

At the VERY least, "Green Eggs And Ham" is exclusionary and elitist. How dare we present this conservative trash to our children!?!

Being Irish and Celtic, I love jokes and ones about my people are wonderful.

What is the difference between an Irish funeral and an Irish wedding?

One less drunk.

This list is a joke. Someone needed to whip something up to keep from getting fired and what would sound better than an article about movies you never knew were racist. Let's not forget the Francis movies; according to them, all donkeys are Southern smart asses.
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 10:23:32 PM »

I don't think I'm spoiling the list by revealing number 1 for anyone.  However deep
 though about it won't do you any good.  They claimed Breakfast at Tiffany's as #1 for portraying Mickey Rooney as Audrey Hepburn's Japanese landlord. 

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 07:48:55 AM »

The only thing lists like this prove is that some people seriously need to get a life.

Babies taste best.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 01:20:53 PM »

PLANET OF THE APES? PLANET OF THE APES??????

One of the best sci fi movies ever!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AINUR0w2M2U

Of course the gorillas were mean-THEY'RE GORILLAS! The history of horror films are loaded with gorillas! Big scary,hairy,ugly! Big teeth! KONGA! KILL KONGA! KILL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6k1rMW-WLM

I think the beef with Planet of the Apes is that people perceived that the gorillas were meant to portray blacks, and portrayed them as violent and less intelligent, and the chimps were meant to reflect whites, less violent and more intelligent. I'm not saying that's correct, I'm just saying that was the perception by many.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The 50 Most Racist Movies Ever?! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.