Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:47:57 AM
714442 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Confessional---Anything To Get Off Your Chest? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Author Topic: Confessional---Anything To Get Off Your Chest?  (Read 43485 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2020, 03:04:12 PM »

For years I have mislead my mom about why I didn't go to Homecoming my senior year, but the truth is I just didn't want to be there.

The only person I cringed at knowing I was pregnant and not married in 2008 was the nice old country lady who lived next to us in the house where I grew up. I was otherwise almost completely unabashed.

Monday I played on the guilt I knew would be there when I asked my friend's father for a second donation in six months on behalf of the organization I support that battles human trafficking in Cambodia. If need be I could have brought up the Dominican Republic in casual conversation to subliminally prime him, which would've been slightly evil on my part, though I was prepared to do that.

The other day I gave my daughter a lecture about how being good is almost impossible in life and failure and wrongdoing can lead to wisdom, and now I think that was probably the sheer dumbest thing I've ever said to her, given she has her teen years ahead.

When she and her husband visited us from Ireland, I took my morbidly obese cousin to all you can eat buffets not once but twice. I figured she might as well have fun on vacation but I knew that was enabling her.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2020, 03:08:07 PM »

I also once asked a teacher at a school for the blind if there was such a thing as being illegally blind.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2020, 03:17:48 PM »

For a time in seventh grade I used to watch Dead Poet's Society every morning when I was getting ready for school, I'd just hit play on the VCR and watch whatever scenes came up next til I was ready to leave.

Well one night Verity, this awful girl my dad was always trying to get me to be friends with, was staying over and she asked me if I'd ever thought of the order of the boys in that film I'd make out with if I had to make out with them, and I said no, not really, and she said but you'd start with Ethan, right, and I said probably not.

Well she bugged me until I finally just named one of the boys on there as the one at the top of the hypothetical makeout list, not really caring about the subject. Then that girl went and told my parents, my friends, everyone I had a thing for that particular boy, embarrassing me very much at that age.

The confession part is when Verity came over again later that summer I think maybe I halfway tried to drown her while we were swimming, and almost succeeded.

claws
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2020, 05:50:19 PM »

I've never seen Irréversible (2002) or Battle Royale (2000). Always wanted to, though.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2020, 07:59:33 PM »

I miss Mr. Hooper, Jadzia Dax, Kathy Lee Gifford, and other fictional TV characters.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2020, 08:52:34 PM »

BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2020, 06:14:26 PM »

I didn't notice there were two different Darrin Stephens until someone pointed it out. I also didn't know how to spell his name until I looked it up.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2020, 08:22:01 AM »

I didn't notice there were two different Darrin Stephens until someone pointed it out. I also didn't know how to spell his name until I looked it up.
That's DERWOOD to you... 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2020, 04:51:55 PM »

Oddly enough, I've been to her grave, John.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2020, 05:03:08 PM »

I kissed my dead mother's forehead in her coffin at her funeral and all the people there, including her husband and his girlfriend, were laughing and having fun. I got so p**sed I cussed out everyone in the room and slammed the door on the way out.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2020, 08:54:39 PM »

I like the smell of paint thinner.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2020, 08:59:39 PM »

I like the smell of paint thinner.

I kinda knew that!  Twirling Wink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2020, 09:21:43 PM »

I don't trust bees because they're so single-minded they cannot think of any thought but their inborn purpose. Ants can deviate but bees don't seem to be able to, they just go into a frenzy if something comes between them and the one all-completing thought that dominates them. I think a bee would overheat inside, go insane, stroke out, if it was prevented from pursuing the one and only function it knows, the task it was born to undertake. For that reason I have decided I do not trust bees and have never been disabused of the correctness of that voluntary personal policy.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2020, 10:34:56 AM »

Sometimes I have to work among people I don't like, whose outlooks I do not respect, whose bigoted values are abhorrent to decency, whose volatilely spewed opinions, however loudly expressed, have little to no validity yet get offered at the drop of a hat, asked for or otherwise, people who have failed dramatically at the game of life yet who would instantly hold themselves up as examples of free-spirited, open-mindedness, individuals whose idea of talking politics is to belittle candidates with whom they disagree rather than proving they have any awareness of the political issues at hand, let alone having anything approaching a solution to those problems people who are in the political ring are trying to fix, people whose record of substance abuse should shame them, whose poverty has often been self-authored, whose criminal records include drug and sex offenses, and whose rejection of ways of life that became the norm because they tended to work represents the worst of juvenile nihilism.

But, hey, unlike them, at least I get paid for being there.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 10:37:16 AM by ER » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2020, 02:37:04 PM »

Sometimes I have to work among people I don't like, whose outlooks I do not respect, whose bigoted values are abhorrent to decency, whose volatilely spewed opinions, however loudly expressed, have little to no validity yet get offered at the drop of a hat, asked for or otherwise, people who have failed dramatically at the game of life yet who would instantly hold themselves up as examples of free-spirited, open-mindedness, individuals whose idea of talking politics is to belittle candidates with whom they disagree rather than proving they have any awareness of the political issues at hand, let alone having anything approaching a solution to those problems people who are in the political ring are trying to fix, people whose record of substance abuse should shame them, whose poverty has often been self-authored, whose criminal records include drug and sex offenses, and whose rejection of ways of life that became the norm because they tended to work represents the worst of juvenile nihilism.

But, hey, unlike them, at least I get paid for being there.

You just described yourself. Minus the criminal sex offenses. And we all know your as pure as the driven snow.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Confessional---Anything To Get Off Your Chest? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.