Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:41:57 AM
714471 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Friday The 13th question « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Friday The 13th question  (Read 1953 times)
Erik J
« on: April 07, 2002, 02:20:58 PM »

My wife just bought Friday The 13th on DVD
She had seen all the others but never the one that started it all(Never my favorite series but I know a lot of people loved them)

She had one question though that I couldn't answer, If Jason died as a kid in the first film how could he be a grown man killing people in the rest(Except for New Begining)?

I hope someone can tell me so I can tell her
systemcr4sh
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2002, 02:35:17 PM »

I haven't seen the movies, but doesn't he die, and then come back years later to kill people? And in the first one its not even him doing the killing as I recall, its his mother. I've never seen any of them though.

-dan
Erik J
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2002, 02:47:27 PM »

Right
So in all rights it should have ended there
All we want to know is how does a kid who drowned in 1957 grow up to be an adult.
Vincent Price
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2002, 03:03:48 PM »

welcome to slasher-logic! apparently Jason didn't drown, but he just hid in the forest for about 23 years
as "explained" in part 2
Erik J
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2002, 03:23:39 PM »

Ok now that would make sense in slasher logic- because at the end of the first one when Alice is in the canoe and the police are on the shore , an older looking boy (as compared to the picture of when we see his mother thinking back to when he drowned)comes out of the water and pulls her in.  Well I guess that helps to explain one of life's most intrusive mysteries. Thanks for the help!!!
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2002, 04:28:34 PM »

Ah, but might that not also answer the reason Jason's mom went full goose bozo bughouse crazy? "You hid in the forest for 23 years, you never call, you never write, you never take me out to kill horney teenagers anymore."? Makes as much sence as anything.......
slasherfan
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2002, 04:58:14 PM »

Here is how I see it.
1957 Jason goes for a swim and almost drowns, crawls out the other side or the lake frightened, in a state. The boy is slightly retarded and probably forgot about his former life and hid out in the woods for years. Years later he finds a girl and rapes her (possibly) as explained in part 3, then he hears some noise at the other side of the lake and checks it out in time  to see mommy beheaded. He tehn remembers who she is and vows revenge, later that years finds alice and kills her. Years later more noise, more teens so Jason begins to hack his way through them all.
andy
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2002, 05:35:44 PM »

dont forge tthat 1000 years later he gets frozen and is found by a space ship and thawed out and kills evryone.
systemcr4sh
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2002, 07:09:47 PM »

Jason X is coming to the theatre in the small town I live in. Oh yeah, its gonna be awesome!

-dan
C. Hill
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2002, 07:36:06 PM »

Oh yeah and somwhere along the line he aquired invulnerability and superhuman strength.  Don't even try to search for logic in movies like these sir, it will only leave you feeling empty and hollow inside.
Private Joker
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2002, 10:07:26 PM »

It's his mom?????  Damn you, systemcr4sh.  I wanted to find that out.  
(it's probably pretty predictable anyway)
Chadzilla
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2002, 04:57:56 PM »

Jason never drowned, his mother was mistaken.  Jason had been living in the woods ever since nearly dying in the lake and was possessed with a murderous rage to kill all on (or near or next or whatever) to the lake to avenge his mother's murder.

That was the explanation given by Ron Kurz, screenwriter of Friday the 13th Part 2.

Tom Savini turned the movie down because he thought the idea was just illogical and stupid and accepted The Burning because he thought the story was better (huh???).

Betsy Palmer (who played Mrs. Voorhees), while at a Fango Convention friend attended, with a bemused expression flatly refused to except that any of the Friday sequels ever really 'happened'.  Jason died, Mrs. Voorhees died, end of story.  Whoever the freak in the woods around Crystal Lake was was a mystery to her.

Gee, the background to the movies are more fun than the movies (and I'm a Friday fan, go figure).
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2002, 07:11:43 PM »

Betsy Palmer (who played Mrs. Voorhees), while at a Fango Convention friend attended, with a bemused expression flatly refused to except that any of the Friday sequels ever really 'happened'.

I bet Sean Connery says the same thing about Highlander.  I would've said Christopher Lambert denies it, too, but I've seen Fortress 2 so I know he has no pride :)
Erik J
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2002, 12:16:08 AM »

She has a valid point there.  I can see the need for part 2- his mother gets beheaded as he watches from the woods. Part 3- i do not even want to ask- other than he has to kill off Alice. Part 4- we needed a boy to take on the appearence to kill off the killer. Part 5- who cares about the boy grown up with mental instabilities. Part 6- oh yes the power of resurrection by electricity. Well then he has to hunt down Tommy ...etc etc etc. OH and then Part 10- SPACE??? Ok where did I lose the whole Camp Crystal Lake thing at?????????????
john
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2002, 11:08:57 AM »

Don't forget that in part 5 (I think), the sheriff tells someone that Jason was cremated and that he saw it with his own eyes.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Friday The 13th question « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.