Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:16:24 PM
714633 Posts in 53102 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976)  (Read 6597 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: April 16, 2010, 07:19:36 PM »

An interesting little movie starring Jodie Foster.  The film starts with 13 year old Foster making herself a birthday cake on Halloween.  A man (Martin Sheen) comes to her door and talks her into letting him in.  His motives are obviously not good as he touches her inappropriately. She finally gets him out of the house by telling him that her fathers is  upstairs in his room.

The next day the landlady barges in and starts rearranging furniture and wanting to see Fosters father (anytime some asks about him, he is conveniently not available).

We meet a few other characters, such as the local cop and Mario (the local cops nephew), who befriends Foster and becomes he accomplice.

Why is the girl alone and what's with the illusive Dad?  These are the questions that have to be answered.

A lot of folks won't like this film simply because it's slow moving, like a lot of 70's films.    My wife and I found it pretty enjoyable.

This movie was on the Reelz channel on Directv. They seem to have a big catalog of 70's films on hand. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
akiratubo

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 10:00:37 PM »

I didn't agree with the way the movie ended.  Otherwise, it's a solid little movie and worth a look.  Just don't expect a "horror" movie, per se, and you should be happy enough with it.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 04:34:49 PM »

Years ago, this used to be on TV frequently.  I bought the DVD when it was released a few years ago.  Still enjoyable after all these years.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 04:39:37 PM »

one of a number of things I've taped off thistv and yet to watch
BTM

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 01:15:21 AM »

Did you know?

According to what I've read, it actually started out as a stage play.  I thought that was kind of interesting.  Makes sense though, considering most of the film takes place in the same room.

Anyway, it was a good film, definitely worth a watch.  I do wonder though, about the mentality of some of the people involved with the production of it.  If you read the trivia section of the imdb, it doesn't sound like Foster had a good time of it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074806/trivia

Can't say I blame her.  And WTF, where did they get a dead hamster?? (shudders)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 12:58:00 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
voltron

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 12:42:09 PM »

Ahhhh, I posted about this one a while back. I absolutely love this movie. A great little suspense flick that I caught on tv years ago and just recently got on dvd. Blew me away the first time I saw it and it still holds up. Seeing Rynn's (ahem) dad for the first time freaked me out.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 05:54:45 PM »

akira -spoiler alert   whatever however you do it-------   +++===

the ending was awesome. she was going to kill herself rather than be raped by the guy and instead he took her drink. the camera lingered on her for the entirety of the credits. i thought it was really effective ending
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 12:05:08 PM »

Isn't there a scene where the boyfriend climbs in the bed naked with Jodie.  I believe that she was sick or something.  I remember seeing a documentary about movies with young actresses being portrayed in a sexual way.

I remember the documentary talking about Jodie Foster doing a movie where she played a thirteen year old girl.

Later,

John
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 12:01:37 PM by JPickettIII » Logged

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 12:24:53 PM »

I don't recall that scene but I saw it on tv
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 02:10:48 PM »

Isn't there a scene where the boyfriend climbs in the bed naked with Jodie.  I believe that she was sick or something.  I remember seeing a documentary about movies with young actress being portrayed in a sexual way.

I remember the documentary talking about Jodie Foster doing a movie where she played a thirteen year old girl.

Later,

John

Yes, there is a scene like this (I don't remember the particulars). 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
voltron

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 04:35:30 PM »

the ending was awesome. she was going to kill herself rather than be raped by the guy and instead he took her drink. the camera lingered on her for the entirety of the credits. i thought it was really effective ending

Funny, but I never really took the ending as Rynn was going to kill herself. I always thought she knew he would take her cup instead for some reason. Either way, I liked the ending, too.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 05:00:27 PM »

well it's both. either she was going to die or he was. either way he doesn't get to rape her, so she was relaxed
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 05:43:45 PM »

Funny, but I never really took the ending as Rynn was going to kill herself. I always thought she knew he would take her cup instead for some reason. Either way, I liked the ending, too.

Sounds so up lifting.   Bluesad

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
BTM

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 01:05:25 AM »

Isn't there a scene where the boyfriend climbs in the bed naked with Jodie.  I believe that she was sick or something.  I remember seeing a documentary about movies with young actress being portrayed in a sexual way.

Actually, the scene is the boyfriend is in the bed sick (although why he's at her house sick instead of home, I'm not sure... get the feeling the girl wasn't the only one with absent parents) and she climbs into bed with him.  He's like, "You might catch my cold."  She replies, "I don't care." 

Again, according to IMDB trivia, the director was very insistent about Jodie doing a nude scene in the film, causing her a lot of emotional distress.  Eventually, her old sister stepped in and played body double.  I think in most versions of the film the scene is trimmed anyway.

Like I said earlier, Jodie has stated she didn't have that great of a time with that movie.  Bluesad

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 05:39:34 PM »

Sounds so up lifting.   Bluesad

John

Like about a few hundred other films from the early to mid 70's. They were dark times and the films reflected that.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.