Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:16:22 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Human Centipede « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Author Topic: Human Centipede  (Read 55382 times)
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 28, 2010, 07:38:39 AM »

Small | Large

What can anyone possibly say?

The trailer basically gives away the whole movie. About six years ago, I read a short story on alt.sex stories about a mad doctor during WWII who would kidnap refuges and surgically attach them together for his own amusement.

I wonder if this guy read the same story.

Babies taste best.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 12:43:39 PM »

I wonder if this guy read the same story.

Looks like the doctor is based on Josef Mengele, who I'm sure inspired the story you read.

So, what was the point of sewing together three people end to end? Was there a scientific goal, or did it just give him a perverted thrill?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 11:44:53 AM »

I love outrageous movies. I was first in line for Pink Flamingos when it opened, I touted the joys of Eraserhead far and wide, I subjected my friends to Bloodsucking Freaks.

Maybe I'm getting old. This thing is probably the vilest, most pointless thing I've ever seen. How much of this kind of crap do we have to take? What filmmaker says to himself "this is a great idea for a movie"? What distributor says, "yeah, I can make money with this"?

Babies taste best.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 01:09:54 PM »

I love outrageous movies. I was first in line for Pink Flamingos when it opened, I touted the joys of Eraserhead far and wide, I subjected my friends to Bloodsucking Freaks.

Maybe I'm getting old. This thing is probably the vilest, most pointless thing I've ever seen. How much of this kind of crap do we have to take? What filmmaker says to himself "this is a great idea for a movie"? What distributor says, "yeah, I can make money with this"?

Well, it looks like a sequel will get made, so...  The distributor was right.

That aside, the general consensus on this movie is it is as disgusting and revolting as you'd think, and that was clearly what the goal of the film is.  That, and nothing more. 
oxode
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 02:00:25 PM »

Oh, what a surprise! The mad surgeon is German! Never would have dreamed of this!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 06:06:57 PM »

Yeah, the trailer is one of those things I wish I could unwatch. I like a creatively outrageous thriller as much as the next person, and I like things make me cringe a bit, but that made me imagine things that still make me shudder a day later. I can honestly say that's the first time a movie has ruined my appetite, and that was just the trailer. I agree, absolutely pointless except to come up with the most revolting thing they could put on film. Makes a good case for censorship.

---------------------
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 06:37:24 PM »

that is twisted and disturbing . . .

and yet a small part of me wants to see it.

Am I well?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 06:52:06 PM »

Honestly, if you had a choice, would you rather enlighten or scar your audience?

-Jimmybob

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 10:00:13 PM »

Am I well?

That's the worst part. The idea, revolting as it is, is just interesting enough that I keep thinking about the technical problems of doing something like that, and I manage to get grossed out every time. I suppose that's better than being comfortable with it. Unfortunately, that kind of morbid fascination is exactly what is going to guarantee the success of this film, but I definitely won't be watching it. I've seen my share of shocksploitation flicks, but this has cruelty on a level I'm just not comfortable with.

I will say one thing though. I bet they had some laughs shooting some of those scenes. The premise of the movie is so ridiculous that it should be funny, but empathy tends to get in the way.

Actually, if it was done more tongue in cheek (no pun intended), it might be a totally different story. I read an excerpt from a review that expressed similar sentiments - that they came up with a really gross idea and wasted no time in getting it shot. The doctor is evil and the victims are abused and there's no point to any of it. This reviewer suggested that it might have been more entertaining to present the victims as "shallow expendables" and encourage the audience to dislike them, and even find themselves occasionally rooting for the doctor.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:56:58 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 04:50:12 AM »

Am I well?

All is well, Indiana.  Smile
I'm wanna see it too !
Some things are gross, but this goes above and beyond !!! It shows more imagination than rubbish like Hostel !

Man, even the trailer is sickening me... Can't wait to see it !

There's already a sequal...

« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:53:36 AM by Doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Raffine

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 01:38:40 PM »

Comcast is offering this one right this minute as an On Demand selection.

It does look disgusting and worthless (same goes for Comcast), but I'm oddly intrigued...

Is the sequel gonna be HUMAN MILLIPEDE?

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 03:43:54 PM »

I have been requested to review this, so I am going to watch it on On Demand, against my will.  I may have a review up as early as next week.  I'll give you my thoughts here too, of course. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 05:52:55 PM »

karma for admitting you read alt.sex stories
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 06:07:17 PM »

Honestly, if you had a choice, would you rather enlighten or scar your audience?

-Jimmybob

Enlighten, obviously.  But scarring them is much easier, which is why filmmakers take that route.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 06:56:29 PM »

Is the sequel gonna be HUMAN MILLIPEDE?

According to Wikipedia, the sequel is going to have about a dozen people stuck together, which actually seems like it might be less bothersome, being on less of a personal level than three people and almost too silly in general to take seriously. Apparently, the plan was to soften people up with this movie, then go all out with a full-length centipede and other bizarre medical experiments. The word "trilogy" also came up. Why mad scientists would keep doing this to people is anyone's guess. The first one you can explain away as a sadist with a peculiar obsession, but how does one explain why another doctor would choose to pick up where this guy left off and take it large scale? And sticking twelve people together is not something one guy can do secretly in his basement. It would have to be a genuine research project, with staff and facilities and financial backing. The sequels can only get more farfetched.

This apparently started out as a gross joke about how to punish really bad people, which is the sort of activity I'm sure most of us here are acquainted with. You come up with something really creatively gross, everybody goes "Eeeeew!" and you move on. I just find it incredible that people are putting the effort into taking something like that as far as they possibly can without really building on it. The whole purpose of the movie appears to be that image of somebody crapping down somebody else's throat. Everything else is just there to make it happen. I'll be interested in hearing the Rev's opinion, and whether this thing has any redeeming qualities. I will definitely pass on seeing it for myself.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:58:22 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Human Centipede « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.