Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:22:09 PM
714479 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Haircuts « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Haircuts  (Read 5875 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: May 04, 2010, 11:45:30 AM »

I was going to make this a poll but figured I'd keep it general discussion.   Hell, I may have already brought it up in the past but don't remember.   BounceGiggle  

How often do you cut your hair?  When you do, where do you usually go?  Barber, salon or does someone do it for you?  Or are you a loon like me and cut your own hair?

I cut my hair usually once every few weeks.  I can't stand having hair on the sides and back so I usually shave it down to skin and trim the top up in a half @ssed fade.  I usually end up jarhead (ish) but its good enough to pass off as a normal cut.  I don't like the idea of paying over 10 bucks for a haircut.  I'm immensely frugal and don't think my 10 minutes in a chair should be worth that much.  Especially since I would be in there several times a year. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:47:55 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 11:56:53 AM »

Katie cuts mine every week.  Standard high and tight.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 12:08:22 PM »

I cut my own hair*...

...about once a year...

*more of a trim, really...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 12:42:56 PM by Doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 12:22:21 PM »

Unless I'm in a hurry, once a day, in the shower, with a Mach 3 razor.

I do keep a rechargeable electric shaver in my desk for those busy days. Not perfect, but better than nothing. I hate getting stubble up there. Gotta be smooth.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 12:32:25 PM »

I am also a full baldy. However, I only shave my dome about twice a week, not every day like Andy C.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 12:33:23 PM »

In fact, Andy C's avater always freaks me out because it looks quite a bit like me, down to the facial hair and glasses.

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 01:19:31 PM »

Mine's down to my waist.  (Guys are not the ony ones to let it grow long!) I get it cut back by about half every couple of years, just to tidy up the ends. I usually hand my daughter a sharp pair of scissors and ask her to do it: it's a simple job.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 01:34:33 PM »

I usually go to Cost Cutters, but last time my wife cut it for me.  I sort of look like Apollo from the original Battlestar Galactica now.  I like it  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 02:31:06 PM »

I go to Great clips about every 6 weeks.  A #4 clipper attachment on the sides and back, then cut the top with scissors.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 03:26:24 PM »

My hair is shaved down to the bristles.  I cut it myself with electric clippers about every 7 to 10 days.  After 10 days it starts to get unruly (like a Chia Pet).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Javakoala
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 03:48:47 PM »

Mine's down to my waist.  (Guys are not the ony ones to let it grow long!) I get it cut back by about half every couple of years, just to tidy up the ends. I usually hand my daughter a sharp pair of scissors and ask her to do it: it's a simple job.

Down to the waist?  Oh, wow. 

Okay, I should go find another thread to read.  I just really like long hair on most women, but...we'll move on to safer things.

I had my hair cut short recently. Well, short for me. Didn't remember it wanting to curl so much. Oh well. I actually like it better this way. I look at myself and think, "My god, I'm actually not bad looking." Amazing how a haircut can be empowering.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »

I once dated a greek girl whose hair was at least a foot below her waist. She was also unbelievably hot and a bit out of my league. Managed to make that relationship last six months. Not sure how I pulled that off.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 04:33:15 PM »

6-8 months at a time.

yeah no.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 05:06:08 PM »

I get my hair cut about every 6 weeks. It's short, and it seems the shorter the style the quicker it's sticking out all over! I love longer hair, I just don't have the patience to deal with long hair.

Hold onto your dreams ....
Paquita

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 06:03:21 PM »

I usually trim my own bangs or whatever is sticking up that I don't like.  I get my hair cut professional once every few years.  It always costs around $50, I always hate it, and I never go back to the same place.  I can't justify paying that much unless I leave looking completely different, so a couple years ago I went in with butt-length black hair and came out with chin-length blonde hair!.. which I promptly colored pink when I came home!  I kept it pink for about 3 years before my job told me I needed to change it to a more normal color Bluesad.  I really loved having pink hair.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Haircuts « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.