Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:27:59 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  I saw SWROTJ on Spike last night « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I saw SWROTJ on Spike last night  (Read 3076 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 31, 2010, 03:18:29 PM »

Yes, I just saw the new revision of Star Wars Return of the Jedi on Spike TV last night.  I have owned the original on VHS for the past 20 years.  One things I was impressed with was how they redid Sy Snootles and the Rebo band.  In the older version of ROTJ, Sy Snootles was nothing more than a crude animatronic puppet which couldn't move very much.  All it did was boogie and gyrate.  But in the new ROTJ, they eliminated the puppet enyirely and made Sy Snootles completely CGI.  She wasn't stuck in one place, she was able to dance all around with her backups and even give facial expressions.  I was rather impressed with this.
But I see one problem with Sy Snootles, her voice.  That's very clearly a human voice coming out of that proboscis.  The way that creature is structure, its voice shouldn't sound like that.  I mean, that creature is structured like a giant anteater.  Have you ever seen a giant anteater roar with a humanlike voice?  It was nice that George Lucas went out of his way to make the aliens on Star Wars actually appear alien.  But most of their sounds and behaviors were all too human.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 04:38:10 AM »

*cricket chirps*
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 05:03:15 AM »

When I saw the word SWROTJ, I thought WyreWizard had discovered a new Bollywood film that I hadn't heard about.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 06:47:24 AM »

I mean, that creature is structured like a giant anteater.  Have you ever seen a giant anteater roar with a humanlike voice?

Everybody knows they sound like Jackie Mason:

Small | Large

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  I saw SWROTJ on Spike last night « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.