Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:07:05 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Recent Music Purchases « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Author Topic: Recent Music Purchases  (Read 100277 times)
Sleepyskull
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Well,well,well...

« on: June 06, 2010, 11:03:13 AM »

In any format.

Last night I ordered a CD through Barnes and Noble online:

Hair [Original Soundtrack: 20th Anniversary Edition]

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 02:39:35 PM »

The last thing I bought was Journey's Greatest Hits (1 of the 15 or so greatest hits albums they've got), and Stone in Love.  That was about 3 weeks ago though.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 02:20:38 PM »

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 08:07:53 AM »

At about 2:30 in the morning I decided to treat myself to some new music, so I ordered 3 CDs from Walmart. They should be at my house anywhere from 5 to 10 days.
I ordered a new portable CD player a few hours before that as well. It should arrive at my house in the same amount of time.

The CDs are:

Floating by Eloy

I've never heard anything by Eloy, but they looked really good and I've been wanting to try some new things too.

Agents of Fortune by Blue Oyster Cult

I love Blue Oyster Cult! This will be my 3rd album by them.

Freak Out! by Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention

I've never heard anything by them, but they look really good, they seem pretty weird (always a bonus!), and I've had several people that know me really well recommend them to me.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
claws
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 09:02:20 AM »

CD from Amazon:

Jesse Johnson - Shockadelica (1986)

and two MP3 downloads from Amazon:

Fatback - Hot Box (1980)

and Liquid Gold - Greatest Hits
Pilgermann

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 03:31:43 PM »

Over the past few weeks I've been buying some cheap CD's I've come across in thrift stores.  Some I'm sort of familiar with or know what I'm getting in to and the rest are on impulse and the results vary.  All of these were from $0.50 to $1.50:

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Beauty
Godfathers - More Songs About Love & Hate
River City Drum Corps - Spirit of the Drum (couldn't find an album cover, it's some really small independent release performed by drum students from what I can gather)
James Newton Howard - Dinosaur soundtrack
Wilburn Brothers - The Wonderful Wilburn Brothers
James Horner - Casper soundtrack
Crowded House - self-titled
Best of Star Trek 30th Anniversary Special
New Barbarians - Buried Alive
Ed Jackson - Wake Up Call
Karate - Cancel/Sing
The Bridge - self-titled I think
Rheostatics - The Blue Hysteria

Got these for real cheap/trade:

Ween - The Mollusk
Ron Carter - Where?
Os Mutantes - Jardim Eletrico
Stevie Wonder - Talking Book
Isisdore - self-titled
Ciao My Shing Star: The Songs of Mark Mulcahy
Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica
Weather Report - self-titled
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:35:02 PM by Pilgermann » Logged

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 09:22:52 AM »

I ordered yet another CD through Walmart.com:

Dare to Be Stupid by Weird Al Yankovic

I've heard only a little of Weird Al, but I like what I have heard enough to order a CD! I also saw his movie (UHF) which also increased my desire to get a CD.

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 07:38:50 PM »

I ordered yet another CD, this time through Best Buy online:

Who's Next by The Who

I already have two CDs by The Who (Endless Wire and Tommy) and they are both really good, but I wanted to hear more.

It should arrive at my house sometime from June 25th to July 2nd!

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 09:52:21 PM »

I've heard only a little of Weird Al, but I like what I have heard enough to order a CD! I also saw his movie (UHF) which also increased my desire to get a CD.

Decent album overall, but I'm a bit biased as I have all his albums, cheesy compilations included.  One suggestion: if you can find it, grab The Essential Weird Al Yankovic.  It's relatively cheap, coming in around $15 (various stores have it cheaper), and it's a 2 disc compilation of a cross of his best known parodies: "Eat It", "Smells Like Nirvana", "Lasagna", "White and Nerdy", as well as some of his best known Non-Parodies: "You Don't Love Me Anymore", "Dare to Be Stupid", "Pancreas", and "Bob."

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 11:13:29 PM »

Decent album overall, but I'm a bit biased as I have all his albums, cheesy compilations included.  One suggestion: if you can find it, grab The Essential Weird Al Yankovic.  It's relatively cheap, coming in around $15 (various stores have it cheaper), and it's a 2 disc compilation of a cross of his best known parodies: "Eat It", "Smells Like Nirvana", "Lasagna", "White and Nerdy", as well as some of his best known Non-Parodies: "You Don't Love Me Anymore", "Dare to Be Stupid", "Pancreas", and "Bob."

Thanks for the information! I've heard about The Essential Weird Yankovic and it looks really nice, but when I first buy an artist's CDs I like to start with non-compilation albums. Still I've heard it has some new stuff so I'll look it into it.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 06:17:10 AM »

Thanks for the information! I've heard about The Essential Weird Yankovic and it looks really nice, but when I first buy an artist's CDs I like to start with non-compilation albums. Still I've heard it has some new stuff so I'll look it into it.
The second disc has stuff from his '99, '03 and '06 releases.  As much as I like Al's work, I generally suggest a compilation to people, as most people aren't 'hardcore' fans of him like myself and a few others, and they can only take so much of his output.  The compilation's have the best-written stuff, as some cd's have a few songs that are not-so-good.

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 11:55:25 AM »

HappyGilmore -

I won't say that I will definitely become a hardcore fan, but I have a very broad range of comedic tastes ranging from very clever and witty to very corny and stupid, so I feel confident I'll be more into him than most people.

I also feel admiration for Weird Al as it's pretty cool how he managed to make a living!

Again, thanks for the information!

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 09:15:52 PM »

Something for Everybody by Devo.  New album, came out last week.  A really good output, really.  Most people chuckle, as it's "Devo."

Raw Power by Iggy and The Stooges.

diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 11:20:10 AM »

The Best of Kiss: Volume 3
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 06:47:37 AM »

Bought a second copy of Baton Rouge's Shake Your Soul cd (1990). My original copy isn't working anymore as I actually wore it out playing it that much!  Lookingup

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Recent Music Purchases « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.