Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:16:39 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 620003 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2220 on: November 06, 2013, 07:59:56 PM »

I'm extremely annoyed by all Christmas advertising since it's been going on in early August! Freeeaking August!

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2221 on: November 06, 2013, 09:48:21 PM »

I hate how now everything has to have hashtagging, like that is the dumbest idea to ever be conceived, I hate hashtags more than politics, because it's in my face more than politics is.

yeah no.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #2222 on: November 19, 2013, 08:57:40 PM »

#Ican'tstandhashtaghaters

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Gst0395
« Reply #2223 on: November 24, 2013, 01:58:17 PM »

I'm extremely annoyed by all Christmas advertising since it's been going on in early August! Freeeaking August!
It only just began this month over here.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2224 on: November 25, 2013, 05:07:40 AM »

I hate how now everything has to have hashtagging, like that is the dumbest idea to ever be conceived, I hate hashtags more than politics, because it's in my face more than politics is.

#trevorunderpants  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2225 on: December 27, 2013, 10:08:57 AM »

Adobe.  That damned thing ALWAYS needs to be updated and they always want to download all this other s*** along with it.  Even when I hit "skip all" it still installed some damned "Linksicle" thing that was opening several other browser windows every time I clicked on something, to show me so-called "related" content.  Who in the freaking world would actually want that to happen?  This is just garbage  Hatred

Oh and then there's some other damned thing that highlights every third word in everything I look at and makes it a link to something  Hatred  Tried to uninstall it but the uninstaller wouldn't work so then I had to go to some MS help page to fix the uninstaller and then uninstall it.  GRRRRRR!!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:24:29 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Couchtr26

« Reply #2226 on: December 27, 2013, 04:24:10 PM »

#hashtag   or                  ?

Also, you know what grinds my gears a lack of lubricant. 

Ah, the good old days.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #2227 on: December 28, 2013, 04:56:44 PM »

Adobe.  That damned thing ALWAYS needs to be updated and they always want to download all this other s*** along with it.  Even when I hit "skip all" it still installed some damned "Linksicle" thing that was opening several other browser windows every time I clicked on something, to show me so-called "related" content.  Who in the freaking world would actually want that to happen?  This is just garbage  Hatred

Oh and then there's some other damned thing that highlights every third word in everything I look at and makes it a link to something  Hatred  Tried to uninstall it but the uninstaller wouldn't work so then I had to go to some MS help page to fix the uninstaller and then uninstall it.  GRRRRRR!!!

This is interesting. I guess we can thank Edward Snowden for these revelations about our trusty NSA, but I'm starting to believe that Snowden is an NSA plant to show the world just how powerful that the NSA actually is and that the United States is the top dog running this b***h:

The Creative Cloud Chronicles: Adobe and the NSA
Posted on October 10, 2013
By Chris Dickman
Founding Editor, Graphics.com

More Creative Cloud Chronicles

What is it about entities, whether private companies or government agencies, and their attitude about how they manage your data? Recent revelations have clearly indicated that the NSA, for example, felt no compunction in inhaling just about every personal bit or byte it could find online and then did with that just what it saw fit. And when questioned about its practices, it circled the wagons. Okay, that's a hush-hush government agency, you can expect that. But what about a private corporation to which you, as a customer, have provided personal data that includes financial data, such as credit card information? When questioned, you would expect transparency, would you not?

That's not a word that can be associated with Adobe's recent loss of the data of 2.9 million of its customers, including credit card details. And I speak from personal experience. Last week I received, as I'm sure did many of you, an email from Adobe indicating that it had reset the passwords for two of my accounts. As you can imagine, I've been purchasing Adobe products since the Clinton era, so I had no idea what cards had been used for all of these over the years. So I duly changed the passwords for both of the accounts, just to make sure, and then logged in. But imagine my surprise when I discovered the absence of the usual four-digit number identifying what cards had been used for these purchases. Rather than cancel every single card in my possession, I headed over to the forum that Adobe set up recently that is dedicated to the security breach and posted what I thought was a simple enough question: how do I determine what cards were used for my purchases?

This was days ago and while the thread grew to dominate the forum, with others chiming in with a similar request, an answer from Adobe was never forthcoming. Some customers, it seems, can see this data for some of their purchases. Others, like me, not. But Adobe will not acknowledge this, just as it won't respond to questions about the encryption employed for its customers' data. Salted, not-salted, plain text? We'll never know, it would seem.

At one point a moderator volunteered his opinion that "It doesn't appear that your credit card was affected." I appreciate the subtle use of language in which "doesn't appear" in no way is the same as saying "hasn't been." Pursuing this further, I finally received a private message by another Adobe employee telling me exactly what I needed to know — which cards had been used for which purchases.

Do I feel reassured? No. Do you?

Just a note in closing. As a result of the revelations, NSA Director James Clapper has repeatedly made public statements (convincing or not) about the operations of the agency. Following the news of the breach of security of its customers data and the theft of the Cold Fusion source code that powers many government and financial sites (including the NSA!), as well as the code for Acrobat and other undisclosed applications, Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen is on record as saying... well, you fill in the blanks.

In a 10-Q filing last Thursday, Adobe did refer briefly to the intrusion: “We do not believe that the attacks will have a material adverse impact on our business or financial results. It is possible, nevertheless, that this incident could have various adverse effects.”

I wonder what those might be?

http://www.graphics.com/article/creative-cloud-chronicles-adobe-and-nsa

Oh yeah, and check this one out too:

Adobe Doing the Dirty with the NSA
Submitted by HanginWithRothbard on Thu, 07/11/2013 - 01:20
in Peace / War
 All is not well in Zion. We all know that the NSA is finishing the data center in Utah and the Snowden thing has everyone looking at Google and Facebook. But what about Adobe?

The connection is Omniture. Omniture, a Utah based data analytics company started by Josh James and John Pestana, was bought by Adobe in 2009 for $1.8 billion. I met John Pestana in 2007 while studying Entrepreneurship at BYU. He is an amazing guy, a very dedicated Ron Paul supporter, and is bank rolling the Libertas Institute, a Utah based austro-libertarian think tank. But I think I know what opened his eyes.

Omniture is everywhere. Look at the cookies on your machine. You will find Omniture and Adobe Insight cookies by the hundreds. Omniture is THE platform for crunching through massive amounts of data in real time. And we all know that the NSA data center has plenty of data to crunch. My curiosity got the better of me when last year Adobe built a massive campus within spitting distance of the location of the NSA facility.

I've got to give props to Adam Curry of the No Agenda Show for digging up a white paper by Adobe. This white paper is about Adobe Insights, Adobe's rebranding of Omniture... for use by government data thugs. Here are a few choice quotes from the white paper:

Government agencies and organizations need close to real-time access to data as it’s collected to respond effectively to issues that analysis reveals.

Dedicated government agency analysts, including those in law enforcement and military organizations, perform regular intelligence analyses that are critical to the day-to-day operations and stability of the country. These analysts assemble and process data from myriad sources that include open sources like the Internet and closed sources such as intelligence records in government databases.

In addition, intelligence analysts must identify patterns and persons of interest from billions of raw data points. They need to quickly combine cell phone, Global Positioning System (GPS), email, and call detail records to produce valuable intelligence, and they need to explore vast volumes of data without the help of a large IT team creating a new view or cube for every new question that arises.

Every phone call, credit card transaction, and visit to a website creates a data point that is collected and stored in a different system.

The second issue is that the data is in a multitude of disparate data types. Transactional data that provides information about events, such as credit card purchases, the details of a cell phone call, or an airline flight booking. There is also streaming data, or a continuous flow of log-type information that follows movement, such as a web log that streams information on what a user is doing!every page visited, every click, every item viewed, and so forth. Lastly, unstructured data is constantly being generated¸ such as blogs, comments on articles, discussion forums, email, and other socially driven communication and commentary. Combining these disparate data types into one common environment for analysis is a daunting task.

Adobe Insight combines the ease of use and graphical sophistication made popular by the interactive entertainment industry with the raw data processing power of parallelized real-time computing. [This] breakthrough combination of interactive visualization and real-time data analysis capabilities is disruptive technology that can redraw the capabilities of government and private sector alike.

Download the white paper here.

Now there is one more thing I want to look into. John Pestana is a good guy, a friend of liberty, and has donated a LOT of money behind the scenes. I think this relationship with Adobe is what woke him up. Now, what about his partner, Josh James? Josh James is building another company, DOMO. DOMO is Omniture for business intranets. It's purpose is to crunch through the massive amounts of data within companies. Is it possible that Josh James is going to cash out by empowering government to peep inside closed, highly secure networks? In a day when the IRS will be dictating health insurance requirements, it is not beyond the realm of possibilities.

http://www.dailypaul.com/292096/adobe-doing-the-dirty-with-the-nsa

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Gst0395
« Reply #2228 on: January 02, 2014, 08:40:35 PM »

What grinds my gears is when you're used to hearing a song you love in a certain tempo and pitch, but certain versions play the song in a slightly lower tempo and pitch. For some reason, I've always found this really annoying and distracting.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2229 on: January 02, 2014, 09:11:00 PM »

When someone buys something from you on EBay and then doesn't pay!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2230 on: January 03, 2014, 10:44:17 PM »

When you get shocked literally doing nothing and touch your computer mouse at just the right spot and it craps out along with your keyboard. I'm hoping getting replacements won't set me back too much but this is beyond annoying.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2231 on: January 04, 2014, 01:19:41 AM »

Having to stay up when you're really sleepy, LikE i aM nOw.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2232 on: January 07, 2014, 01:15:58 AM »

The entire Melissa Harris-Perry episode: as a child of a bi-racial union she should have been more sensitive, no matter what her opinion of Mitt Romney was or is.

My special sister adopted an abandoned child (a person of color) six years ago and while I, as a self-hater, have to accept myself conditionally, I accept that child unconditionally.

What Harris-Perry said was unforgivable - if she had said that about my niece she would have been in serious trouble - but Romney accepted her apology, so big ups to him.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533757/Families-limits-TV-host-Melissa-Harris-Perry-makes-tearful-apology-joked-Romney-family-picture-showing-African-American-grandson.html

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 05:31:03 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart

« Reply #2233 on: January 07, 2014, 09:03:43 AM »

Sadly, it's just another example of the ego driven media biz, and the fact it's part of the current elite. Elites...are like that.
They forget they are just as fallible as the rest of us, and you have to endure a lot of blather from them along the way. At least she appologised, that's more then most of them do. 

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #2234 on: January 07, 2014, 06:45:28 PM »

I really hate when adults at work act like 9 year olds.  The dips**ts in the ward across from me p*ss and moan about having to do their job that they were TOLD to do TO THEIR FACE by the SUPERVISOR IN CHARGE, and then do little dumb, childish things to "get back at me".  Good god, how old are you a**holes!!!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.