Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:40:40 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 619900 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2265 on: February 23, 2014, 05:59:18 PM »

Maybe he should start with Poland to warm up!

(We're teasing you, Bob.  You have a much nicer singing voice than Hitler ever thought about!)

Clearly you're never heard me sing.  TeddyR

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2266 on: March 03, 2014, 10:16:08 PM »

So help me, I'm positive that Youtube just recommended some videos for me based NOT on the actual video I wanted to watch but on the commercial that played before it.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2267 on: March 06, 2014, 10:30:47 AM »

Get adblock plus to kill the adverts and see if it stops, I see the same old crap in related videos if it doesn't know what to suggest but doesn't seem advert related. btw xbox, etc censors youtube results so you won't actually get the whole of youtube - same for smart TVs. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more adverts as well. We need to get back to a desktop computer mentality before this "user friendly" thing turns into a dystopian nightmare.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2268 on: March 06, 2014, 11:04:08 AM »

Steam doesn't have a "I Forgot my password" thing. I really need that.

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2269 on: April 18, 2014, 04:28:29 PM »

Got this chair down in the basement.  One of those cheap rocker recliner things you get at Kmart or whatever.  So one piece of metal on the bottom broke.  I put a threaded rod through it to hold it together.  Then a weld on the back broke, so I fixed that.  Then it had ball bearings and semi-circular pieces of metal falling out of the bottom of it.   Lookingup  This thing was maybe two years old at most.  

Anyhow went to Kmart and bought a better chair.  First we had to go over to the camera department to have the guy page someone to wait on us over in furniture.  So then we get the chair but there are zero checkout lines open.  Just the girl at the customer service desk.  Big line there.  So we wait, and we wait.  She's trying to answer the phone, do her other duties, and check people out at the same time.  Some guy in front of us had two big bottles of water, like for a water cooler.  He must have stood there for ten minutes at least.  Her register needed to be rebooted or something.  Finally she pages someone to open one of the checkout lines.  I bet it took 15 minutes for her to ring up our purchase because she was teaching someone else to use the register.  As well as asking me if I wanted to join their discount club, contribute to some charity, etc etc. etc.  I mean, for the love of god, absolutely nothing is getting sold in this entire store because she's training someone in and the customer service girl has been called away someplace.

Egads.  Bet it took an entire hour to purchase one freakin' item.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2270 on: May 11, 2014, 08:35:08 AM »

Why was one of the first things released on 4k Rocky (1979)... I mean.. seriously? At least choose something that is 2000+ and filmed in at least 4k.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2271 on: May 16, 2014, 09:59:27 AM »

Mountain Dew Code Red.  Made the mistake of drinking some of it the other night.  It tastes rancid to start with, but after an hour you get this aftertaste like you ate one of these disinfectant pucks they put in urinals.

Bleaaaaaach  Hatred

- Paulo Coelho
Jim H

« Reply #2272 on: May 18, 2014, 11:41:30 AM »

Why was one of the first things released on 4k Rocky (1979)... I mean.. seriously? At least choose something that is 2000+ and filmed in at least 4k.

It was shot on 35MM, and good quality 35MM film stock is equivalent to 4K (it resolves to roughly around 3K, but so do a lot of 4K cameras like the RED). 

I'd still agree Rocky was somewhat of an odd choice though, as it's not visually a particularly stunning film to show off a new tech.
VenomX73

« Reply #2273 on: May 18, 2014, 11:58:03 AM »

I still can't believe 4K gaming monitors are in the range of $15.000 to $19.000... that's ridiculous!

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #2274 on: May 18, 2014, 11:59:05 AM »

Mountain Dew Code Red.  Made the mistake of drinking some of it the other night.  It tastes rancid to start with, but after an hour you get this aftertaste like you ate one of these disinfectant pucks they put in urinals.

Bleaaaaaach  Hatred

Is your taste association from experience, or are you just assuming it tastes like a urinal puck?   BounceGiggle Twirling BounceGiggle  Just kidding. I know exactly what you mean..Code Red is a good name for this stuff because that's the state you'll be in when you drink it!!
Jim H

« Reply #2275 on: May 18, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »

I still can't believe 4K gaming monitors are in the range of $15.000 to $19.000... that's ridiculous!

It's equally crazy for the TVs, especially since at typical viewing distances and TV sizes it's actually impossible to tell the difference between 4k and 1k.  Yeah, maybe if get a 100" or bigger TV, consider it, but seriously.  Try looking at a 4k and an equal size high quality 1k and see if you can tell the difference.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2276 on: May 29, 2014, 10:16:53 AM »

Mozilla Thunderbird.  For the love of god, if the title and entire body of the email is gibberish, it's spam!  How many hundreds of times do I need to mark that crap as spam before you finally figure it out?!?!

- Paulo Coelho
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #2277 on: May 29, 2014, 05:46:01 PM »

I have a pay-as-you-go cell phone and usually put on enough to get me through the week. I decided to try one of their unlimited plans so I got one. However,I found thatb it was more than I needed so I bought the amount I used to. Then I realized that three of my games wouldn't work,I couldn't receive texts with video/sound and that my online access disappeared. I thought perhaps I needed more data but buying that didn't help. I called tech support and a rude guy told me that I was not allowed to chane back and all that was being disabled until I paid for my new plan. I has it all before I switched but now I don't. Hatred
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:49:24 PM by tracy » Logged

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2278 on: May 30, 2014, 05:36:41 PM »

Some a***ole stole Sandy Hook memorial signs.  Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/05/30/police-man-stole-sandy-hook-memorial-signs/20901915/?icid=maing-grid7%7Caim%7Cdl41%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D482611

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #2279 on: June 23, 2014, 01:38:57 PM »

Tracy went back to work recently, thank God for that. I'm still on SSI, and the amount I was getting covered our rent, and a few other expenses, and even left a few bucks.

As per policy, we sent in all her records dealing with her income, unemployment, pay stubs, the whole lot. The manager where we rent said, when I got my next income statement from SSI, after they adjusted my allotment based on Trace's income (not our expenses), our rent would be adjusted accordingly.

Statement comes in-my allotment dropped from $563.95 to $269.39. Our rent (had been $441.00) was dropped....to $352.00, the lowest it can go.

We have Dish-out here, you want tv not only for the entertainment, but for weather, and without satellite (no cable here, dunno why), we can only get two channels, and that's iffy. The least I can get Dish for is around $55.00 a month, plus about $80.00 a month for our phones, and whatever for gas, (partial) car payment, (partial) insurance, Trace's medicines, etc.

Before, I could at least pay the rent, the Dish, and my own phone. I get $81.00 Lonestar (foodstamps). I'd rather be working, but even if I could, and COULD find a job around here, I'd have no medical coverage, and I've just been diagnosed as diabetic-no needles as yet, just Metformin.

There are people who aren't even SUPPOSED to be here who are getting the whole boat just for showing up, and my wife can't get help paying for her insulin (that may change), and I'm being penalized for money that we don't even have anymore.

FTR, I f****n' HATE being on any kind of assistance....I grew up on ADC as a kid, and in my Young and Stupid days, I took General Assistance after I dropped out of high school; I'm not proud of that. I can't do the work I generally did, loading, carrying, and such, and I feel like a Grade-A leech for needing to get help, whether it's from Caesar, or having to go to our church for help, as we'll probably have to do to cover the rent, so we'll have something to run on that month.

Trace makes about $9.00 an hour, part time, which is no kind of money.

It's not just us; seems like everybody these days.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:30:16 AM by alandhopewell » Logged

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.