Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:41:16 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 619906 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2280 on: July 03, 2014, 07:56:15 AM »

The stupid power at our house has a habit of going out for about 1 second every week or two.  It's bad enough resetting all the clocks, but yesterday I was playing a racing video game, about 8 minutes into a 9 minute race and doing really good too...I will not be held responsible for my language in such situations  Hatred

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #2281 on: July 09, 2014, 10:59:56 AM »

This may have been mentioned before, but the people who get into the elevator at the last second, often forcing the elevator to reopen, and they go to the second floor.

I've been running late so many times for work, and that annoys the p**s out of me.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2282 on: September 07, 2014, 11:14:36 PM »

today my dad liked my facebook post about not emailing me political propaganda and proceeded to email me political propaganda a few hours later

Question

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2283 on: September 17, 2014, 10:20:25 PM »

I'm pretty sure this one, or something similar, has been posted before.

People that when buying groceries, wait until the cashier has rung up all their items and given them the total to START getting their wallet / checkbook / credit card / whatever out.  Good grief.  You had 90 seconds or more of just standing there to get it out and be ready.

I'm not usually all that impatient, but this one just bugs me because it is rude to those behind in the line.  Never know if someone is running late for work or some such, and people stand there with a blank stare on their face during the ringing up of items to only act surprised that "Hey, I guess I gotta pay...better get my wallet out."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2284 on: September 20, 2014, 08:31:21 AM »

I'm pretty sure this one, or something similar, has been posted before.

People that when buying groceries, wait until the cashier has rung up all their items and given them the total to START getting their wallet / checkbook / credit card / whatever out.  Good grief.  You had 90 seconds or more of just standing there to get it out and be ready.

I'm not usually all that impatient, but this one just bugs me because it is rude to those behind in the line.  Never know if someone is running late for work or some such, and people stand there with a blank stare on their face during the ringing up of items to only act surprised that "Hey, I guess I gotta pay...better get my wallet out."

At my local the cashiers don't bag anything for you they just leave the plastic bag sitting there so you have to delay all the people behind you when you have finished paying -.-

Jim H

« Reply #2285 on: October 12, 2014, 01:16:39 PM »

Conspiracy theorists.  At least, the more obnoxious ones.  And people who think the world is ending.  A lot of crossover between the two.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2286 on: October 16, 2014, 08:37:00 AM »

Installed the latest Windows update and now all my desktop icons are in a big square pile on the right side of the screen   Hatred  I keep them arranged in two groups, depending on if it's stuff I use or stuff that just needs to be there.  So now I've gotta separate and arrange them all over again.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2287 on: October 16, 2014, 09:34:33 AM »

Dealerships. They want to ban the sales for Teslas since Teslas doesn't go through dealerships. Some states has done that and banned the sales for Teslas, which is a US PRODUCT. And it is also dealerships which led to over 500 New Vipers not being sold since the dealerships screwed up the customer's order.

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2288 on: October 16, 2014, 09:54:59 PM »

Fearmongering over Ebola.  Yes, it is a deadly disease, but as an American, your odds are better of being struck by lightning while riding a unicycle in the nude singing old Motley Crue songs than they are of your dying of the Ebola virus! Hatred

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2289 on: October 17, 2014, 05:22:22 AM »

your odds are better of being struck by lightning while riding a unicycle in the nude singing old Motley Crue songs Hatred

I have done that: got badly singed. Won't say where though. Wink

Seriously, the channels I watch like Fox and MSNBC do it to death and it is scaremongering with a vengeance. Here I am in Africa and I am not afraid until I watch TV and then I go  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2290 on: October 17, 2014, 10:33:57 AM »

your odds are better of being struck by lightning while riding a unicycle in the nude singing old Motley Crue songs than they are of your dying of the Ebola virus!

I get your point, but that is wrong.  The odds of my being struck by lightning while riding a unicycle (clothed or whatever I am singing) are precisely zero because I don't ride unicycles.  Zero is less than the statistical odds of catching and dying from Ebola.

Manipulation of numbers to make a point grinds my gears...sorry.  Facts are required for rational decision making; clouding facts with hyperbole (from either side) by definition leads to irrationality.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2291 on: October 17, 2014, 04:10:32 PM »

OK, how about this: the average American is far more likely to kill himself in a 4th of July fireworks accident than he is to die of Ebola.
Not to mention dying of heart disease from eating too many cheeseburgers.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2292 on: October 17, 2014, 10:35:02 PM »

BREAKING EBOLA NEWS: Andy Richter Sneezes - CONAN on TBS

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2293 on: October 25, 2014, 08:07:41 AM »

When I grab the scroll bar at the right of the screen and move it up to the top - but if I go too far it snaps back to the bottom of the screen where I was before.  I mean, what the f***?!?!

- Paulo Coelho
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2294 on: October 25, 2014, 11:42:26 AM »

What just happened minutes ago: the phone rings and it is a scam call "Hello, my name is David Parker.  We are calling you about your microsoft computer"

- automated dialing so I had time to say "Hello?" three times before he picked up.  RUDE.
- had to be one of the TOP THREE THICKEST Indian accents I have ever heard: "David Parker".  Really.  Lookingup
- never mind the whole 'microsoft computer' thing OR the fact that Microsoft does NOT have my phone number...

I HATE being played for stupid!   Hatred Hatred Hatred

I am also not a fan of having been brought up to be oh-so-very polite so I feel extra-angry after having hung up.  *Sigh* What a number my parents did on me!  Lookingup  TongueOut

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.