Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:04:09 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 620118 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #2325 on: November 27, 2014, 10:52:41 AM »

the word "entitled" being the current insult that everyone is throwing around, when what they actually mean is self-entitled

"I hate that guy, he's so entitled". NO.

this is as much of a gear-grinder as people who say "could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less", but I've only noticed it in the past few months.

by the way, does calling myself "zombie #1" make me self-entitled? do I really think I'm #1 of the zombies? nah, it was something Andrew described me as, when I related a story about falling into a swimming pool with a dead badger in it.... obviously
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 11:30:17 AM by zombie #1 » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2326 on: November 28, 2014, 08:52:33 PM »

I see the movie Battleship is 2 hours 11 minutes long.  It's being shown on FX right now in a 3 1/2 hour time slot.   Lookingup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2327 on: November 28, 2014, 09:55:35 PM »

It's too damn early for Christmas music. It's been too damn early since they started playing it before Halloween.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2328 on: November 28, 2014, 10:44:15 PM »

It's just way too early even now to want to get into Christmas stuff yet. I just am not in the mood for it yet. We never decorate or put up anything resembling Christmas until the middle of December. That's about the time I usually start feeling in the mood for Christmas but all this overexposure of Christmas movies constantly playing in freaking November and Christmas stuff in stores is downright annoying and kind of sours one's attitude for it. I hate when stuff appears even before Halloween or even Remembrance Day (Veterans Day in the US), the latter seems particularly disrespectful to me.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2329 on: November 29, 2014, 07:01:35 AM »

Totally got infected with mallware yesterday.  There were four programs added to my computer and a BuyNsave extension installed itself in Chrome which covered every page in pop-ups, added banner ad's to every site, highlighted every third word of text and made it a link, and even opened extra browser tabs to give me more advertisements.  Oh and I'd do a Google search and the first page of results were all advertisements.  I uninstalled the *#$%^ thing and 5 minutes later it re-installed itself.

Sigh...they should track down the people responsible for this and put me in charge of determining their punishment.  I doubt anyone would dare to write a mallware program ever again.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:07:58 AM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2330 on: November 29, 2014, 09:02:50 AM »

This is minor but it drives me nuts:

When you go to pay a bill and the part you return with your payment is perforated for easy tearing - and they fold it a quarter inch AWAY from the perforation!  Is it that hard to fold the thing where you want people to tear it, or to put the perforation where you know the fold will be????

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2331 on: November 29, 2014, 10:45:45 AM »

^ That and the way they'll always triple-reinforce a certain part of a cardboard box and then print the words "press here" on it.  You can get your thumbnail aligned perfectly with the perforations, press so hard you crush the entire box, but the "press here" part isn't even slightly deformed.   Hatred

- Paulo Coelho
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2332 on: December 01, 2014, 12:36:55 PM »

Totally got infected with mallware yesterday.  There were four programs added to my computer and a BuyNsave extension installed itself in Chrome which covered every page in pop-ups, added banner ad's to every site, highlighted every third word of text and made it a link, and even opened extra browser tabs to give me more advertisements.  Oh and I'd do a Google search and the first page of results were all advertisements.  I uninstalled the *#$%^ thing and 5 minutes later it re-installed itself.

Sigh...they should track down the people responsible for this and put me in charge of determining their punishment.  I doubt anyone would dare to write a mallware program ever again.

Try malwarebytes free, also you can always check files when you download them using virustotal.com

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2333 on: December 08, 2014, 01:11:55 PM »

I called this morning to get a prescription filled. They told me it will be ready at the super specific time of this afternoon. They've been doing this for months now and it drives me nuts. Like I have nothing better to do and guess when it'll be ready. A few months ago I got there too early and waited for an hour.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2334 on: January 22, 2015, 07:17:22 PM »

The IMDB search function. When I search for "The X from Outer Space" and there is a title that EXACTLY matches that phrase, it should come up first in the search results, not 50th. Stop trying to guess that I want to see the most popular titles, rather than the exact thing I searched for.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Derelict Coin-op
Intermittantly functional lover of fine quarters
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2335 on: January 24, 2015, 03:50:08 AM »

OK. Why does netflix not just show me their entire catalog? Like, wtf I pay for a service but in order to use it completely I have to go to a different site and look at the entire catalog? It baffles me to no end...and then I also have to deal with the circle jerk of a rating system that will only give me shows IT thinks I'll like so it continually gives me back the five to ten same movies again and again under slightly different categories over and over... /firstworldproblems

This machine is temporarily out of order.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2336 on: January 24, 2015, 07:28:41 AM »

^ Yeah I love the way I've watched several hundred B movies on Netflix, but lately I've watched a handful of documentaries so my ENTIRE "top picks for Jack" is all documentaries. 

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2337 on: January 24, 2015, 07:40:46 AM »

Quote from: Jack
link=topic=130364.msg544383#msg544383 date=1422102521
^ Yeah I love the way I've watched several hundred B movies on Netflix,
but lately I've watched a handful of documentaries so my ENTIRE "top
picks for Jack" is all documentaries. 

If it's on there and you haven't seen it, put SEARCHING FOR SUGARMAN in your queue.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2338 on: January 24, 2015, 08:44:56 AM »

Quote from: Jack
link=topic=130364.msg544383#msg544383 date=1422102521
^ Yeah I love the way I've watched several hundred B movies on Netflix,
but lately I've watched a handful of documentaries so my ENTIRE "top
picks for Jack" is all documentaries. 

If it's on there and you haven't seen it, put SEARCHING FOR SUGARMAN in your queue.

I usually dont post on this-in fact-might be the first-because I vent so much-I dont want to vent here.It would make you guys think Im Mulder from the X Files.
Any way-I loved SEARCHING FOR SUGAR MAN. I been in Michigan since 1969.
I love the movie. Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2339 on: January 24, 2015, 08:55:59 AM »

Dang. I stayed away from this cus my venting would bum people out.

I have been reading back posts for 2 hours.

Yup-Imma geek...a drunk one too! Drink

I think -no-I dont really THINK anything-I just DO IT!

Well-sometimes I do I usually get drunk,eat a pot cookie,come on BADMOVIES. ORG,play loud music with headphones-and be in what God fearing folks call heaven.

Thumbup Drink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.