Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:42:32 PM
714480 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 634585 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #735 on: November 17, 2010, 09:50:43 AM »

On the other hand, there are also people who go around making plans and commitments on their own, and then expecting the committee to fulfill them. Those people can sometimes cut through a lot of crap and get stuff done, but they can just as easily make a complete mess of things. And heaven help you if you tell them it's not happening their way, and they'd better just cancel the arrangements they've made. I've been in that situation, and it usually escalates from agreement, which is, of course, a lie. Then it's the patronizing stage, followed by the "aw, c'mon" stage, then the suggestion that it will somehow look bad on the committee or me personally if they have to make something right. And if you don't give in at that point, it's a meltdown, with name-calling, accusations, complaints about the way everything is run, and whatever other bitterness they've been hiding.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #736 on: November 18, 2010, 11:20:10 AM »

Directgov.co.uk.

Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #737 on: December 04, 2010, 02:21:09 PM »

People who just 'add' indescriminately on FB based on some remote connection (OOH! We went to the same high school - along with several thousand other persons over the years, but the same school!  Lookingup )So I get 'friend' requests and when I message them to ask if I know them, all they say in response to my guess/query is "No."  I guess I am just not that kind of 'social'.   Why is it up to ME to do the research?  Thumbdown

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #738 on: December 04, 2010, 05:47:05 PM »

People who just 'add' indescriminately on FB based on some remote connection (OOH! We went to the same high school - along with several thousand other persons over the years, but the same school!  Lookingup )So I get 'friend' requests and when I message them to ask if I know them, all they say in response to my guess/query is "No."  I guess I am just not that kind of 'social'.   Why is it up to ME to do the research?  Thumbdown

There needs to be more people like you. I only "friend" people if I actually know them and have either met them in real life or have had many, many online conversations with them.
3mnkids

« Reply #739 on: December 04, 2010, 06:25:06 PM »

People who dont have any common courtesy.  Im trying to pull out of the gamestop parking lot and the road is  very busy but its just by a stop light so I know  Lookingup  when the light turns red people will let me pull out instead of pulling up and blocking me in, right?... wrong!

You are supposed to let people out! you cant go anywhere anyway, the lights red! ugh, I always let people out. ALWAYS.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
BTM

« Reply #740 on: December 06, 2010, 01:35:34 AM »

Noisy texters.

Thankfully, I've only encountered this twice so far, but maybe some of you have seen it more often.  I've been in two waiting areas where someone would have their phone out texting another person.  Hey, no problem right?  Well, problem is said phone makes a little "beeping" sound with EACH and EVERY button that's pushed, and considering when you text a lot you get pretty good (and fast) it, that's a LOT of beeping to put up with.

And what's really hilarious is the two people I've ran into doing this seem COMPLETELY oblivious to how annoying that is.  I'm pretty damn sure all phones have a "soundless" option to send text.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #741 on: December 06, 2010, 02:29:36 AM »

Noisy texters.

Thankfully, I've only encountered this twice so far, but maybe some of you have seen it more often.  I've been in two waiting areas where someone would have their phone out texting another person.  Hey, no problem right?  Well, problem is said phone makes a little "beeping" sound with EACH and EVERY button that's pushed, and considering when you text a lot you get pretty good (and fast) it, that's a LOT of beeping to put up with.

And what's really hilarious is the two people I've ran into doing this seem COMPLETELY oblivious to how annoying that is.  I'm pretty damn sure all phones have a "soundless" option to send text.

I'd say that's about as annoying as people who move around and text. Walking and texting is annoying and does present the risk of the texter running into people and things, tripping, etc. Generally nothing too serious and it's often enough to make them actually pay attention to what's going around them for a moment. Driving and texting? I honestly think there need to be universal laws against it with either steep fines or time in the slammer. That's putting the lives of everyone else on and near the road in danger because somebody isn't paying nearly enough attention to the road (if you do it, stop. Please. You almost walk into stuff when you text and walk, what do you think is likely to happen when you text and drive?).
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #742 on: December 06, 2010, 06:52:58 AM »

People who let their dogs poop in my yard.

My drunk, obnoxious, loud, neighbors. Seriously, look into AA or at the very least don't yell obscenities to no one in particular while stumbling to your car.

Wow! do you live on my block?!  There's some jerks that live around here and walk their dog up and down our block to poop on our lawns and don't pick it up!  My mom has been threatening to do something terrible to them if she ever catches them!

We also have loud obnoxious drunk neighbors.. the guy is OK, but his wife/girlfriend is terrible.  I think she tried to kiss me one day while I was trying to avoid her on the way to our car.  My friend heard her shouting a conversation about intimate activities this past weekend.

I also live next door to someone that I assume is a minister at a church in Indiana and every weekend parks a huge school bus on our block to take everyone to church on Sunday.  We have a hard enough time with parking here and then that darn bus comes taking up 3-4 parking spots every weekend  Hatred.

I am the loud obnoxious drunk  neighbor. Bluesad
The mexicans at work who speak in Spainish and are pointing and laughing at me.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #743 on: December 06, 2010, 07:08:59 AM »

Talking about neighbours: mine close to me have loud what sometimes sounds like wild wife-swapping parties and what GMG is that they never, ever invite me.  Twirling

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #744 on: December 06, 2010, 09:33:31 AM »

Noisy texters.

Oh, I hate using anything that beeps too much, like the one cordless phone we have that will only delete callers from its memory one at a time, and has to beep loudly each time. I like to be able to do things quietly, and not bother people. Come to think of it, that is something I really hate - devices that are made without obvious features that would make them much more usable. Not just more usable even, but features I'd consider to be bare-minimum functionality, like a phone with caller ID having a means of clearing the whole memory. Or the electronic timer I have for my Christmas lights that only displays the hour and sets to the hour. That's great when setting the timer, since it's easy to set it to turn on and off on the hour, which is all you need. But to do that, you have to set the clock exactly on the hour. If you happen to plug the thing in at quarter after, it's going to be 15 minutes behind and you can't do a thing about it. Or if you want the lights to come on ten minutes before the hour, you have to set the clock ten minutes before an hour.

That's annoying in any language. Where I come from, the Mennonites would do that in German. I was once out with a friend who grew up speaking Pennsylvania German around the house, and he translated for me while we watched a group of Mennonite Boys doing that to somebody else.

What gets me is dealing with any immigrant from a non-English-speaking country who seems to think it's funny that I'm having trouble understanding him. OK, we're speaking my language, in a country where it is an official language, and I'm having difficulty understanding you because you don't speak my language very well. Why are you laughing at me? The only time I didn't mind that was when I went to Toronto a couple of years ago to buy a piece of equipment, and dealt with a trio of young Chinese women who were very polite and helpful, while giggling daintily at about every third thing I said. That was embarrassing, but also kind of sexy. TeddyR

---------------------
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #745 on: December 06, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »

That's annoying in any language. Where I come from, the Mennonites would do that in German. I was once out with a friend who grew up speaking Pennsylvania German around the house, and he translated for me while we watched a group of Mennonite Boys doing that to somebody else.
Not only annoying but cowardly might I add.  If these people had guts they'd say it in a language you can understand. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #746 on: December 06, 2010, 12:15:18 PM »

People who dont have any common courtesy.  Im trying to pull out of the gamestop parking lot and the road is  very busy but its just by a stop light so I know  Lookingup  when the light turns red people will let me pull out instead of pulling up and blocking me in, right?... wrong!

You are supposed to let people out! you cant go anywhere anyway, the lights red! ugh, I always let people out. ALWAYS.

Mutual common courtesy, what a concept...

We have that by us too...when that light turns from yellow to red, everyone plays musical cars and blocks you in.  Of course, there are some (and I say SOME) who actually give you the courtesy of a chance to pull out.

Be that as it may, it dosen't happen very often.

What makes me laugh is the lone driver who cuts you off, only to be stopped cold when the stoplight turns red.  They try to get ahead of you and wind up no better off than they were when they tried to get ahead of you, lol  BounceGiggle

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Paquita

« Reply #747 on: December 06, 2010, 12:45:36 PM »

I am the loud obnoxious drunk  neighbor. Bluesad

Oh don't get me wrong, I LOVE my loud obnoxious drunk neighbors, I love their rock music blasting, barbecues on the front lawn, angering all the stuffy people in the neighborhood, I even kind of enjoy hearing them shout about personal matters in a guilty pleasure sort of way, it gives me a warm comfortable feeling just knowing they're there.  Someone's got to have fun on this block and they're certainly enjoying themselves more than I am.  I don't particularly like being hit on by them, especially the woman, but I can deal with it as long as they keep their distance, and they do.

I love you too RC! Drunk & obnoxious or not, you're great!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #748 on: December 06, 2010, 12:51:24 PM »

Mutual common courtesy, what a concept...

We have that by us too...when that light turns from yellow to red, everyone plays musical cars and blocks you in.  Of course, there are some (and I say SOME) who actually give you the courtesy of a chance to pull out.

Be that as it may, it dosen't happen very often.

What makes me laugh is the lone driver who cuts you off, only to be stopped cold when the stoplight turns red.  They try to get ahead of you and wind up no better off than they were when they tried to get ahead of you, lol  BounceGiggle

The only thing worse than people who block intersections is people who get mad if you don't. I've been in the middle of some urban downtown, with traffic is bumper to bumper, and made every effort to be considerate (and just plain sensible) by stopping at green lights if there's nowhere to go on the other side. If traffic is backed up all the way from the next light to the one you're at, that's what you do, so you don't get stuck in the intersection when the light turns red, and end up blocking cars on the other street and looking like an idiot. But the amount of angry honking from the morons behind is ridiculous. All some people see is a green light and open space.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 01:43:09 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #749 on: December 06, 2010, 01:27:57 PM »

Not only annoying but cowardly might I add.  If these people had guts they'd say it in a language you can understand. 

I agree wholeheartedly.

However, on the flipside, you may want to take into consideration that they're not always making fun of you. I think this is an assumption. I personally don't have a big deal with someone from another country talking to someone else with the same native language per se, in some cases they know English, but are simplytalking with each other in the language they are most comfortable with. They're not necessarily insulting us.

I'll never undestand the American tendency to get so upset about other languages. It's one thing to expect English to be spoken in the USA. I get that.

However, when I was in the military, and through general travel in general as a civilian, it always gets on my nerves when Americans go to a restaurant, ask for directions, etc. in another country and expect them to be able to speak some English. That happensa lot and it's very hypocritical because by and large these are the same people who get so upset about people speaking a language other than English in the USA. Just because people from other countries are more likely to learn multiple languages than the average American doesn't make it any less rude to expect them to speak English when in their country. This is one of the biggest things that contributes the the "ugly American" perception.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.