Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:31:05 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 620097 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: June 08, 2010, 09:48:30 AM »

Okay, folks, here you have it. An official thread just for complaining, whining, bellyaching, venting, cursing, attacking, or otherwise releasing anxst. No particular set of topics, just your open invitation to riff on what gets under your skin. It's therapeutic. Bring it on.

I'll start.

You know what really grinds my gears? People who treat the left lane of the freeway like it's the slow lane. I've lived in several states, but I've never seen it as epidemic as it is in Arizona. It's as if there is an unspoken ettiquete of which I'm not privy that the right lane is for getting on and off the freeway, the left lane is for cruising just at the speed limit, and the middle lanes are for passing. I'm not joking. Come to the Phoenix area some time and check it out, you'd think it was diabolical.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 09:49:12 AM »

I'll tell ya what really burns my butt!!!!!!!

A midget with a lighter.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 09:57:18 AM »

I'll tell ya what really burns my butt!!!!!!!
A midget with a lighter.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 11:07:29 AM »

Here are some of mine:

* People who stop to look at something in the supermarket and leave their shopping cart diagonally across the aisle so no one can pass them on either side.

* People (and sorry ladies, it's women who do this 99% of the time) who hold up the checkout line in a store while they dig through their purse looking for the exact change to pay for something.  "That's nine dollars and twenty-five, thirty-five, forty . . . wait, I think I have some pennies . . . forty-one, forty-two . . . I know I have more pennies in here . . . forty-three, forty-four . . . "  JUST PAY WITH A DAMNED TEN DOLLAR BILL!

* People who carry on a conversation during a movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 11:27:37 AM »

Im gonna love this thread   BounceGiggle 

Rude people~ How difficult is it to be polite? Please, thank you, excuse me... Not difficult!

People who yell and belittle service workers just because they can.

People who let their dogs poop in my yard.

My drunk, obnoxious, loud, neighbors. Seriously, look into AA or at the very least don't yell obscenities to no one in particular while stumbling to your car.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 11:55:40 AM »

people who hijack other people's profile and start ranting so that the person whose profile was being abused gets yelled at for a reason they didn't do.
people who blame the president for the most obscene  thing, as in the oil spill, yes, the president caused the oil spill. (idiots) The president holds BP responsible since it was BP's job to keep the oil rig updated and what not, not Obama ya idiots! Hatred

yeah no.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 12:05:43 PM »

people who hijack other people's profile and start ranting so that the person whose profile was being abused gets yelled at for a reason they didn't do.
people who blame the president for the most obscene  thing, as in the oil spill, yes, the president caused the oil spill. (idiots) The president holds BP responsible since it was BP's job to keep the oil rig updated and what not, not Obama ya idiots! Hatred

Heh heh. I remember right after he was elected I heard people complaining about how he was going to destroy the economy before he even took office, like it wasn't already f***ed. I'm not speaking as either an Obama supporter or non-supporter, but that's just ignorant.

macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 12:46:56 PM »

hi
ok here i go

people who constantly keep pressing the button on pedestrian lights thinking that it will make the stop light come on quicker:

strangers who stroke my dog first (THEN ASK ME IF IT BITES) its too late if it does.

people who laugh at my son when he has a seizure...

many many more

geeez now i have a headache Hatred

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
Paquita

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 01:00:33 PM »

My drunk, obnoxious, loud, neighbors. Seriously, look into AA or at the very least don't yell obscenities to no one in particular while stumbling to your car.

Wow! do you live on my block?!  There's some jerks that live around here and walk their dog up and down our block to poop on our lawns and don't pick it up!  My mom has been threatening to do something terrible to them if she ever catches them!

We also have loud obnoxious drunk neighbors.. the guy is OK, but his wife/girlfriend is terrible.  I think she tried to kiss me one day while I was trying to avoid her on the way to our car.  My friend heard her shouting a conversation about intimate activities this past weekend.

I also live next door to someone that I assume is a minister at a church in Indiana and every weekend parks a huge school bus on our block to take everyone to church on Sunday.  We have a hard enough time with parking here and then that darn bus comes taking up 3-4 parking spots every weekend  Hatred.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 01:25:14 PM »

Wow, as a parent of two, I can tell you I would have an extremely hard time with that. My wife would go completely ballistic. However, keep in mind that not everyone who reacts to such situations with laughter is necessarily being mean-spirited.

To relate one such experience, one which has always kind of haunted me alitte, my ex-wife had a sister with Downs Syndrome. A very sweet girl. She also had an imaginary person she frequently talked to, and sometimes argued with and yelled at. The first time I ever experienced it we were visiting her parents when we were still dating. My ex had explained the situation, but still, the first time it happened I was still thrown off-guard, just not something I was accustomed to. She started yelling suddenly, and it startled me. I hadn’t even realized I had done it, but I reacted with a little nervous laughter, probably a defense mechanism whose purpose was to make light of an uncomfortable situation I was not accustomed to. My ex later told me about it, and she was a bit indignant about it and suggested her parents had been offended. Of course I felt terrible and always carried guilt over it, but I also had some resentment because I’m not convinced that her parents were really offended, because I had a wonderful relationship with them, particularly her father.

I only share this because I can tell you that people have reactions to situations that are new/shocking/disturbing to them that are not intended. You may be completely aware of this already and very good at discerning between someone who is reacting out of a defense mechanism or just being a dick. I, on the other hand, am not very good at this, and if it were my kids involved, would likely be incapable of telling the difference

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 02:12:31 PM »

Ah yes, that is certianly a pet peeve of my mom.

What really eats me up are people who say the Wii isn't a serious gaming console and it doesn't have any good games.  What is really funny about this is how when there is a good game on the system, they say port it over to the Xbox 360 or PS3!  To which I say: but if the system does not have any good games, when do you want this one?

I also hate it when they say the Xbox 360 and PS3 are superior.  To which I say, they are not.  They are on the same level as the Wii with their own glaring problems.  I would start ranting, but you don't want to hear that.   TeddyR

The final one that extremely gets me are people who complain about bad TV shows, movies, games, and such, but yet still watch or play them.  If you hate them so, why are you still watching them?!  Isn't easier to refuse to acknowledge their existance and not rant about them, which gets more people to see them?  People confuse me.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 02:37:34 PM »

This is terrible.  I mean this is REALLY terrible.  One thing that bugs me is when people laugh at the misfortune of others.  When I was a kid my best friend had cystic fibrosis.  Some kids made fun of him because he was small and frail . . . some kids even made fun of ME because I hung around with him and sometimes helped him carry his books and stuff in school.  Then when he passed away everyone was suddenly sad and acted like they had always been his good friends.     

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »

Just count your blessings that your drunk, obnoxious neighbors don't poop in your yard.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 02:50:32 PM »

people who live in thickly settled areas and buy  basketball nets for their kids. I would rather my home be robbed on a weekly basis than have to listen to it, it's the worst. if you see one of those things going up, save your self the headache and just move right away
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 02:50:54 PM »

my neighbours constantly annoy me every single day by being the kind of people who have this instinctive need to let everyone in the entire block know when they are about. shouting slamming doors laughing arguing. I wish they'd move. the other week they bought their son an old style car horn to play with, which he does every day, all the time, with their window open, just tooting this car horn.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.