Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:33:59 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 620076 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 02:58:06 PM »

it's hard to believe how inconsiderate some poeple are.

my new thing is when they start playing basketball I start playing my guitar to drown in out.  Now all the moms want me

my plan backfired!
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 03:17:42 PM »

hi
thank you guys for your kind words. i know what you mean flick and i do try to shut them out.however, i have had many such occsions, one guy walked out in disgust because my son had the misfortune to have a siezure in a restaurant where this guy was eating. one woman who knew my son very well invited him to her sons birthday only to lock him up in a room because she said he scared the other kids, boy did she regret that. i could start an entire thread of the ignorance my son has endured but i shall not. this site is for movie lovers and i like it this way but once again thank-you
 macabre

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 03:32:38 PM »

You don't have to explain a thing to me, macabre. Like I said, you've probably developed the skill to tell if a person is just being an ignorant moron or if they're just dealing with a situation for the first time. I was horrified to think that I had done something that could be taken that way. Anyway, I didn't mean for the thread to go dark. It was meant in the spirit of catharsis. Carry on, everyone.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
claws
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 03:50:34 PM »

People who have found God and feel the need to dump their religion on me without asking first.
The fact that I made a friendly reply to some guy's friendly comment on YouTube, and when I checked his page he had all these racist and 'White Power' vids as favorites.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 04:18:09 PM »

the KKK, why can't everyone accept everyone else? Bluesad

yeah no.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 04:52:24 PM »

it's hard to believe how inconsiderate some poeple are.

my new thing is when they start playing basketball I start playing my guitar to drown in out.  Now all the moms want me

my plan backfired!
BounceGiggle

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 05:37:39 PM »

Like so many of you mentioned,  rude or inconsiderate people are on the top my list too.  Don't ya just love it when you're walking into a store, supermarket or public building and the person entering ahead of you lets the door practically hit you in the face.

Unsupervised children. I just don't understand parents who don't seem to notice that their kids are running amok in restaurants, department stores, theme parks etc.

People who take up 2 parking spaces at the mall.

People who try to cut in line.

Telephone menus. Press 2, press 3, and so on and so on.

I just love venting!   TeddyR

Hold onto your dreams ....
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 06:37:58 AM »

Telephone menus. Press 2, press 3, and so on and so on.

TeddyR

I absolutely detest those.  After pressing 10 different options you finally wind up on some menu with no option that applies to you and no place else to go. 

Also, tech support numbers (like Symantec / Norton anti-virus) that connect you to some guy in India who knows absolutely nothing about computers - literally one-tenth as much as the average person who's calling him up looking for help - but he's got an instruction manual he can flip through for an entire freakin' hour while you wait.  I mean, can you believe that crap? 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 07:25:20 AM »

Just count your blessings that your drunk, obnoxious neighbors don't poop in your yard.

Buggedout BuggedoutTeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 08:31:36 AM »

My sister. Actually, make that teenage girls in general. Better yet, make it teenagers in general.

Keep in mind that when it comes to people I try to judge on an individual basis and not judge people by group.  I also try not to hate people. However, most teenagers I know tick me off. People in general do that, but I personally know more annoying teenagers than annoying adults.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 08:48:47 AM »

Microsoft- everything Microsoft to me is s**t! Hatred

yeah no.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 08:55:07 AM »

You know what really grinds my gears? People who treat the left lane of the freeway like it's the slow lane.

I'll start with the disclaimer that I get the rule "slower traffic keep right."  Like you, it burns me up also when folks are in the left lane and NOT passing anyone.

But....

A HUGE pet peeve of mine is folks in the left lane thinking that they have a specially granted license to exceed the speed limit and follow dangerously closely while I am legally passing a slower car.  I take GREAT pains to NOT bottleneck the left lane (by pacing the car I am passing).

I move into the left lane for one purpose...to pass a slower car.  If I am going the speed limit (and thus the car I am passing is going SLOWER than the speed limit), I am under no obligation to speed up to allow someone else to exceed the legal limit.  Nor do I particularly like the way speeders try to "intimidate" me by getting 4 inches off my bumper at 70+ miles per hour.

When I complete my pass, I will move out of the left lane.

I could continue on related topics, but let's just say "aggressive drivers" grind my gears.

We have a road here I drive several times per week that I average seeing or doing evasion action at least once per trip because of the aggressive driving.  It is REALLY bad...two lane country road, speed limit 55, with people running 70-ish and passing on hills and in curves, passing 10 cars at a time, cutting people off.  Sometimes I wonder if I've stumbled into the 2010 running of The Cannon Ball Run.

Aggressive Drives have to go....that's my rant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 11:20:41 AM »

Political correctness.   It will be the death of all humor in our society one day, mark my words.  I'm tired of the world worrying who gets offended by what.  I'm half Polish, feel free to tell as many jokes as you want.  If we can't laugh at stereotypes in our culture then we're seriously screwed humor wise.  

Along these lines, I'm tired of the world always coming up with new things to call people that is supposedly "less offensive".  "Midgets" are now "little people".  "Fat" people are now "calorically challenged".   Either way, no matter what you call people its just a fancy way to say a person is "different".   If everyone is that concerned, why don't we just call everyone "human" because thats what we are.  

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 11:40:37 AM »

I could continue on related topics, but let's just say "aggressive drivers" grind my gears.

lol I'm the total opposite. I think people drive about 50% too slow
Vik
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 11:55:40 AM »

the KKK, why can't everyone accept everyone else? Bluesad
They're a bunch of retarded rednecks, I don't think they exist anymore though ? (not sure)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.