Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 08:07:36 AM
715931 Posts in 53160 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 647522 times)
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #825 on: January 07, 2011, 06:28:35 PM »

And that's why I have a particular contempt for those people who bother me deliberately and knowingly for a purpose - the stores with pushy, commisioned sales staff (not the staff themselves, necessarily), telemarketing companies, spammers, etc.

Come to our local mall and you'll get beset upon by these girls who keep asking people to try their fingernail and manicure products.  NO is not an option with them.

They step up and ask you to try their hand lotion, and if you say no, they go to "can I ask you a question'? as a secondary approach.  I got asked 3 times in one day once.  YOW!  Buggedout

Telemarketers? The very reason the "Do Not Call" list exists. Thank God for that..

"Can I ask you a question?"

I just got that the other day from a girl at one of those kiosks. You know what I responded as I walked away?

"You just did."

There's one guy at a similar kiosk who took it a step further by grabbing my hand as I walked by. Just because you work for a company that sells nail care products and part of the training tells you to ask to examine people's hands and tell them about the condition of their nails does NOT mean you ever have the right to grab them. I really should have either slapped him or yelled in his face about how you never have the right to just grab a complete stranger for any reason while they're walking by you in a mall, but I really just wanted to get out there already.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #826 on: January 07, 2011, 07:06:55 PM »

METAL fans...or a certain breed anyhow.  Particularly the ones that insist their favorite band is better than all and nothing else is of worth noting.  They argue until they are blue in the face about this and I'm not quite sure where one finds the time.  (see youtube) They try to say "we're open minded" music wise but to me thats ironic.  Its music, just friggin' enjoy it. I love METAL but I truly get annoyed with certain metalheads out there.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #827 on: January 07, 2011, 07:44:53 PM »

METAL fans...or a certain breed anyhow.  Particularly the ones that insist their favorite band is better than all and nothing else is of worth noting.  They argue until they are blue in the face about this and I'm not quite sure where one finds the time.  (see youtube) They try to say "we're open minded" music wise but to me thats ironic.  Its music, just friggin' enjoy it. I love METAL but I truly get annoyed with certain metalheads out there.

Thumbup  Cheers

Ah, the good old days.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #828 on: January 07, 2011, 08:10:21 PM »

Been thru that myself...a guy went up one side of me and down the other when I made a comment abuot Accept.  I said that Udo Dirkschneider is a very unlikely and not-so-metal-looking kind of guy, and that his unconventional look gives the band more appeal.  He almost looks like a German version of  Steve Grimmett.

For that, I got called a "f*g" and an "effin idiot," etc. And then I got this speech about how he's been listening to Accept since he was a kid, and how Udo is is "effin' idol."

And then you have the arguments about Metallica... Buggedout

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #829 on: January 08, 2011, 03:00:51 AM »

On a related note on the Accept topic, recently i got called all kinda names because i said that i thought their new album Blood Of The Nations is to my opinion perhaps their best album ever. He said No Udo= No Accept

Lima beans are the Devil
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #830 on: January 08, 2011, 03:08:17 AM »

I do tend to drift to the heavier side of music but i listen to other types of music. I just found out the other day that Gordon Lightfoot is playing here in March and i dont think i hafta turn in my MetalHead Membership Card because i plan on going

Lima beans are the Devil
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #831 on: January 08, 2011, 03:12:03 AM »

The way i see it is, the world music scene would suck very much bad if everybody only listened to one type of music

Lima beans are the Devil
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #832 on: January 08, 2011, 09:40:00 AM »

If you guys knew what music I liked you'd laugh.

Aww screw it...

I listen to Linkin Park. That's the most "MAINSTREAM" thing I listen to.

When I'm not listening to that I listen to classical or video game music.

It's laughable, I know.

One of my favorite songs is "Final Fantasy VII - One Winged Angel"

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #833 on: January 08, 2011, 11:57:07 AM »

I guess I should add to my previous post that I'm not a fan of certain bands or musical artists.  Theres some I quite despise and I've made it clear on this board in a few places.  But the point is of my initial post I won't try to talk someone out of liking them.  Nor would I dislike someone for liking that type of music.  A lot of these given metalheads I'm referring to would. 

DarkSider's Realm

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #834 on: January 08, 2011, 09:41:12 PM »

Wine snobs.  Dunno, it all tastes like juice gone bad to me.

DarkSider's Realm

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #835 on: January 09, 2011, 11:19:33 AM »

On a related note on the Accept topic, recently i got called all kinda names because i said that i thought their new album Blood Of The Nations is to my opinion perhaps their best album ever. He said No Udo= No Accept

Well I'm a an Udo loyalist myself, but I at least give bands with new singers a whirl before I make my decisions.  There again, I remember getting the treatement for criticizing Metal Church's new singer after David Wayne. It was that blonde haired German guy who I think once sang for Helloween.

Being one to have heard David Wayne do "Metal Church"and "Beyond The Black" and "Gods Of Wrath" back in the day, the new singer at that time (early 90's) ruined them. I got all kind of s**te for that too.  As if music is that big of a deal anyway...

And then you have the anime fans who threaten you with exile from their presence if you defend Akira Toriyama and Dragonball Z,  or the intellectual burnouts who threaten you if you refer to science fiction as "sci-fi."   They scare me sooooo much...NOT  BounceGiggle

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #836 on: January 09, 2011, 11:33:30 AM »

Well I'm a an Udo loyalist myself, but I at least give bands with new singers a whirl before I make my decisions.  There again, I remember getting the treatement for criticizing Metal Church's new singer after David Wayne. It was that blonde haired German guy who I think once sang for Helloween.

Being one to have heard David Wayne do "Metal Church"and "Beyond The Black" and "Gods Of Wrath" back in the day, the new singer at that time (early 90's) ruined them. I got all kind of s**te for that too.  As if music is that big of a deal anyway...

And then you have the anime fans who threaten you with exile from their presence if you defend Akira Toriyama and Dragonball Z,  or the intellectual burnouts who threaten you if you refer to science fiction as "sci-fi."   They scare me sooooo much...NOT  BounceGiggle

Or the Trekkies who insist on being called Trekkers. Sorry, nicknames don't work that way; you don't get to pick your own. And "trekker" sounds more dorky anyway, at least to me.

Glad you mentioned anime. I've known a few people who could bore the hell out of me talking about obscure anime series I simply had to watch, since I was a fan of things like Star Blazers and Voltron. They also liked to lecture me about them being repackaged versions of far superior Japanese shows. Yeah, I know. I tend to prefer dubbed, mainstream anime with lots of giant robots, giant spaceships and huge explosions. I don't need to be educated on the artform that is anime.

It's like those people who go to a Chinese restaurant and spend the whole time talking about how the food is not authentic, and how they got the real thing in such and such a place, and I'd like it so much better than the westernized stuff I'm eating. I happen to like it. Buzz off.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #837 on: January 09, 2011, 11:56:01 AM »

Or the Trekkies who insist on being called Trekkers. Sorry, nicknames don't work that way; you don't get to pick your own. And "trekker" sounds more dorky anyway, at least to me.

Or the Trekkies who come down on pure escapist fun like Lost In Space.  I've taken a lot of abuse from "stay in your parents basement" variety William Shatner fanboys to fill a manure bucket.

Glad you mentioned anime. I've known a few people who could bore the hell out of me talking about obscure anime series I simply had to watch, since I was a fan of things like Star Blazers and Voltron. They also liked to lecture me about them being repackaged versions of far superior Japanese shows. Yeah, I know. I tend to prefer dubbed, mainstream anime with lots of giant robots, giant spaceships and huge explosions. I don't need to be educated on the artform that is anime.

Yeah, some anime people are weirdos, man.  I guess shows like DBZ and Speed Racer don't have enough under-developed,  pre-pubescent little girls in armor with ranks like colonel and general running around shooting guns 3 times the size of their bodies as they bring law and order to "Neo-Tokyo"?

(warning:attack by irate hardcore anime-fans imminent)

Give me the old stuff man. Star Blazers and Voltron, you say? Look no further, fellow fan! I watched Voltron every day in my early 20's when he came to TV, and Star Blazers when it first came to TV.

As far as Japanese TV shows go, I don't mind dubbed stuff, but as the owner of the original 166 Ultraman series,i also liks the subs as you get the original story and some additional footage not seen in the American shows.

It's like those people who go to a Chinese restaurant and spend the whole time talking about how the food is not authentic, and how they got the real thing in such and such a place, and I'd like it so much better than the westernized stuff I'm eating. I happen to like it. Buzz off.

Well the Americanized version of the food might have MSG (or make you wonder why your neighborhood is strangely devoid of cats) but think of the danger of real authentic Chinese food: "Warning: product contains lead."   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Humans..what a species.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #838 on: January 09, 2011, 12:56:33 PM »

My new nextdoor neighbor in my apartment complex insists on listening to techno music EVERY DAY. I can understand listening to some music in your home...but it's CONSTANTLY on. I hear techno bass through my walls as early as 8am. lol
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #839 on: January 09, 2011, 10:53:07 PM »

I hate techno music for the most part. Sure there might be a scattered song I'm fond of from my youth but honestly to me, it tends to ruin most dances and seems little more to me than a modern form of disco.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.