Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 07:43:19 AM
715456 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7762 Members
Latest Member: HoustonJac
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 645072 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1020 on: February 20, 2011, 02:51:20 PM »

Ricers. Why the hell do you need to pimp out your car to make it look absolutely audacious?

yeah no.
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1021 on: February 20, 2011, 07:40:53 PM »

Ricers. Why the hell do you need to pimp out your car to make it look absolutely audacious?
Because people these fail to realize that not all attention is good attention. It just may be that all the people looking at them are thinking "what an F-ing idiot".

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1022 on: February 20, 2011, 08:29:42 PM »

Way back when, I was talking to my sister's husband who was a bit of a gear head at the time.  He had blown out a couple of Mustangs and had one Mach I that was scary fast off the line.  This was early 80's or so, and at the time I drove a Datsun pickup truck.  I asked him how he thought it would sound if I put glass packs on that truck.

"Like s&*t," was his terse reply.

Glass packs and headers sound great on a fully blown V-8 like a 350 Chevy engine or Ford's 351-C.  Bump it up to a 454 and it shakes the ribs loose. 

But on a four cylinder with factory valve train and stock cam?  What a waste.

Last year, for my son's birthday, we took him to a Custom Car Show at a 1/4 track and saw some of these jokers trying to run the 1/4.  There was one "real" car there, a Mustang that was running 12 sec 1/4 miles, and he was blowing all the little putt-putters completely off the track.  THAT was fun to watch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1023 on: February 21, 2011, 12:47:37 AM »

I agree. If you're going to spend the money, start by buying a more impressive car. And if you're going to put loud mufflers on something, it should rumble, not buzz.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
claws
« Reply #1024 on: February 21, 2011, 02:02:28 AM »

Homophobic and racist forum trolls. They don't admit it flat out loud but there is lots to read between the lines. Most of the time its even more obvious than hidden but still in disguise so that it is safe to continue posting.
So much effort so they can spread the hate in little doses. And they get away with it all the time.

Not referring to this forum btw.
BTM

« Reply #1025 on: February 21, 2011, 02:54:15 AM »

I had to Google that.  I'm so non-familiar with cars its painful.

Anyway, I found this:

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 05:19:00 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1026 on: February 21, 2011, 08:17:53 AM »

I had to Google that.  I'm so non-familar with cars its painful.

Anyway, I found this:

Oh, that's a good one. I hate when I see somebody with a big wing slapped on the trunk lid of some dinky little car. Besides being an aesthetic mismatch, all it does is mess up the carefully engineered aerodynamics of the car.

And what exactly is the point of a rear wing on a front wheel drive car anyway?

Let's spend too much money to install an accessory that will degrade the performance of the car, look stupid and make it a target for cops. Brilliant. Lookingup

---------------------
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1027 on: February 21, 2011, 10:37:41 AM »

Yeah Ricing, I've seen quite a few vehicles with the cute lil wing on it to make it look cool.  They're usually accompanied by a subpar blasting stereo system.  

I also hate when people put ridiculous paint jobs on ghetto cars.   Example, a 10 year old Nissan Altima with flames.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1028 on: February 21, 2011, 01:43:45 PM »

Yeah Ricing, I've seen quite a few vehicles with the cute lil wing on it to make it look cool.  They're usually accompanied by a subpar blasting stereo system.  

I also hate when people put ridiculous paint jobs on ghetto cars.   Example, a 10 year old Nissan Altima with flames.

A couple of those idiots were drag racing at an intersection.  I drove right past them on the shoulder like they were sitting still - in my wife's SUV   BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
BTM

« Reply #1029 on: February 21, 2011, 02:25:32 PM »

I still hate it when people wear their pants halfway down their butts.  Hey, moron, that does NOT look cool!

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1030 on: February 21, 2011, 02:43:51 PM »

I still hate it when people wear their pants halfway down their butts.  Hey, moron, that does NOT look cool!

Well...drafty maybe... BounceGiggle

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
dean

« Reply #1031 on: February 22, 2011, 07:39:31 AM »

BahaHaha, BTMs pic is a Camry.  That's a family car!!!   If you're going to make a rice-rocket you do it to a proper car like a Skyline something, not a four door sedan!   Hatred

They may not be for me, but I'm all for stupid looking 'Fast and Furious' cars, as long as it's done right.  This is rarely the case though.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1032 on: February 22, 2011, 09:11:04 AM »

Baggy clothes, sideways trucker hats pulled down tight, goofy looking tuques in all weather. Over the past two decades, there always seems to be a percentage of youth who think it's cool to dress like a Peanuts character.

---------------------
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1033 on: February 22, 2011, 09:13:16 AM »

Baggy clothes, sideways trucker hats pulled down tight, goofy looking tuques in all weather. Over the past two decades, there always seems to be a percentage of youth who think it's cool to dress like a Peanuts character.

I once had a student here who had the following on:

1. Dark glasses
2. A hoodie
3. Pants so low I could tell his religion
4. A cap UNDER the hoodie.

Question Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #1034 on: February 22, 2011, 11:36:22 PM »

Aaargh.

People who whip a laser pointer out at a movie theatre!     Hatred

As the King of Rohan said in the film version of Return of the King:

Death!

Death!!

Death!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.