Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 03:53:51 AM
715927 Posts in 53160 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 647495 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1125 on: March 14, 2011, 04:26:14 PM »

All those idiots who drive around with the bass cranked all the way up on their stereos, then blare rap at full volume!  My daughter suffers from chronic migraines, so I get to see her wince and clap her hands over her ears at least once every time we go to town because of these inconsiderate morons . . .  I have not the least bit of sympathy that many of them will be mostly deaf by their 40's.  They did it to themselves and they deserve it! Hatred

I agree with you. Unfortunately, many of them WON'T get much ear damage, because those mid and upper frequencies that cause ear damage they don't care about, they just want the bass to thump. I had to tolerate a car ride once while I was in the Navy with one of those guys, and while it was insanely loud, his system was pumping all this bass and the mids and the highs were drowned out by it. So as earth-shatteringly loud as it was, my ears were completely unaffected.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #1126 on: March 14, 2011, 04:30:41 PM »

All those idiots who drive around with the bass cranked all the way up on their stereos, then blare rap at full volume!  My daughter suffers from chronic migraines, so I get to see her wince and clap her hands over her ears at least once every time we go to town because of these inconsiderate morons . . .  I have not the least bit of sympathy that many of them will be mostly deaf by their 40's.  They did it to themselves and they deserve it! Hatred

On a similar note, people who use headphones, but crank the volume loud enough that everyone around them can hear it.  The worst is when I'm trying to study in the library and I can hear someone else's music.  I mean come on!

I wonder whether having headphones cranked up, or music in a confined space (car) cranked up does more hearing damage... Question
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1127 on: March 14, 2011, 08:23:47 PM »

I hate people making jokes about the flooding in Japan. People say things like "Look at all the little Toyotas floatin' around!"

One guy even said this... "Who lives in their homes under the sea? THE JAPANESE PEOPLE!"

What heartless prick could ever say that? I dare you to sing that song again after thinking about all the people who died in the flood and their grieving families.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1128 on: March 14, 2011, 10:44:40 PM »

I hate people making jokes about the flooding in Japan. People say things like "Look at all the little Toyotas floatin' around!"

One guy even said this... "Who lives in their homes under the sea? THE JAPANESE PEOPLE!"

What heartless prick could ever say that? I dare you to sing that song again after thinking about all the people who died in the flood and their grieving families.

People always do. Some of them are just insensitive, and others joke as a defense because on some level, it is getting to them.

Back in the 80s, it was "What has feathers and glows in the dark? Chicken Kiev!" or "How do you make a Challenger cocktail? Seven Up and a splash of Teacher's!"

It would probably surprise me more if there weren't a few sick jokes going around. For better or worse, it's human nature.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
BTM

« Reply #1129 on: March 15, 2011, 02:06:40 AM »

Right on!  I rank it up there with those idiots that feel the need to make their cars roar as loudly as possible as they drive down the street.

"Hey, idiots, we're NOT impressed, now get a f**king muffle!"

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1130 on: March 15, 2011, 06:32:28 AM »

I don't get those subwoofer guys at all.  I've got a good sub on my home stereo and, on rare occasions, like to crank up some Def Leppard or some smooth jazz;  the added bass is a nice compliment to the music.  But those guys driving around in fart boxes are just listening to rap, which is nothing but thump thump thump with some guy talking in sing-song rhymes about how he treats women worse than Micheal Vick treats dogs.  Whatever   Lookingup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1131 on: March 15, 2011, 06:49:04 AM »

Did you hear that Gilbert Gottfried got fired as the voice of the Aflac duck for making joking comments about the tragedy in Japan on his Twitter page?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1132 on: March 21, 2011, 11:50:41 AM »

I just really getting tired of my country being at perpetual war.

But then, I'm sure Halliburton likes it just fine, and they have more pull in Washington than I do.

Hatred

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1133 on: March 21, 2011, 04:50:46 PM »

I hate it when people at the gas station park right in front of the air pump when they're not using it.  Hello d!ckhead, theres at least 5 other spots you could have taken.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1134 on: March 21, 2011, 04:54:45 PM »

I hate how I keep f**kin up!
Paquita

« Reply #1135 on: March 21, 2011, 09:55:16 PM »

Obnoxious unhealthy dieters.  I'm sitting by a woman at work who almost every day rants about how she can't eat a certain food because of the carbs it contains, like bananas, or brags about how just the other day she didn't have more than 500 calories and still managed to work out for an hour. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it really does.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1136 on: March 21, 2011, 10:44:16 PM »

Obnoxious unhealthy dieters.  I'm sitting by a woman at work who almost every day rants about how she can't eat a certain food because of the carbs it contains, like bananas, or brags about how just the other day she didn't have more than 500 calories and still managed to work out for an hour. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it really does.

Nevermind that 1500 calories is what they recommend for people recovering from starvation and severe eating disorders like anorexia...
RD
Bad Movie Lover

I make the bad movies.

« Reply #1137 on: March 22, 2011, 09:20:03 PM »

So I've been working as a "seasonal" employee for a theme park, which essentially means zero hours. After 6 months you're allowed to submit internal applications for other positions. I applied for an open full time position.
Had my interview today and the first thing the HR rep said was; " I see your applying for a full time position, but how do you feel about a seasonal position?"  Hatred arrrgh! Time to leave.

=== ===
           Go Robo!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1138 on: March 23, 2011, 04:26:02 PM »

It bothers me, too.  Starving yourself is the worst way to lose weight and if you work out regularly you NEED carbs.  And bananas are good because they contain potassium.  Not to be mean, but I hope she faints on the treadmill and hits her chin on the hand grips on her way down.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1139 on: March 29, 2011, 05:48:16 PM »

The whole linking of accounts thing.
I don't want to have my accounts linked, it doesn't seem safe.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.