Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 02:10:38 PM
715941 Posts in 53161 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 647562 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1260 on: May 31, 2011, 03:11:22 AM »

People who list sh!t in blatantly wrong categories on Ebay.

Does Ebay sell THAT too now?  Wink

Probably not, a few years ago they nixed an auction for breast milk. (true story)

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1261 on: June 01, 2011, 06:40:30 PM »

people who takes children's games waaay to seriously. it is NOT the end of the world, plus, if they are so serious about the game, why not make a group and play with adults in their age range, that'll teach 'em what playing the game means, with their kids complaining about how their parent's performance is! TeddyR

yeah no.
venomx
« Reply #1262 on: June 05, 2011, 12:02:58 PM »

DUDE. I paid $1.95 today for a small candy bar. New Jersey! What the hell.

2lt bottle of Pepsi. $2.75. AHhh WTF! Hatred

I do NOT want to even know how much cigarettes are up now.
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #1263 on: June 05, 2011, 01:40:43 PM »

Celebrities who give their kinds such stupid names. Seriously, what's wrong with normal names like: John, Tina, Eric, Cindy, etc?
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1264 on: June 05, 2011, 01:43:06 PM »

Celebrities who give their kinds such stupid names. Seriously, what's wrong with normal names like: John, Tina, Eric, Cindy, etc?

Because they're boring "kinds" names, everyone is called those names. I know I'd give my "kinds" stupid names.  Wink

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1265 on: June 05, 2011, 02:01:36 PM »

Because they're boring "kinds" names, everyone is called those names. I know I'd give my "kinds" stupid names.  Wink

More annoying are the people who give their kids regular names, but get fancy with the spelling. Just because they want to be pretentious, their kids are doomed to a life of constantly getting their names misspelled or mispronounced, and correcting virtually everyone they meet.

What makes that even worse is when they don't at least pay attention to the way letter combinations are normally pronounced in the English language. If you decide "Gabby" looks better with one B, you've just changed the pronunciation to "Gaybee" as far as most English speakers are concerned. A name like Hilleree looks ridiculous, but at least it works phonetically. People will pronounce it the same as Hillary. Substitute Typhane for Tiffany, and people aren't even going to recognize it. They'll pronounce it like typhoon with an A in the middle.

There's quite a bit of both ignorance and arrogance in this practice, as far as I'm concerned. And it doesn't even make a lot of sense. You want to give the kid an ordinary name but go crazy with the spelling? Make up your mind. Better to just pick a real name not many kids have, and spell it right. There are an awful lot to choose from.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1266 on: June 05, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »

Just for the record, I've seen a lot of non celebs given their kids really stupid names.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #1267 on: June 05, 2011, 11:56:05 PM »

Because celebrities are allowed to be idiots. What kind of normal person would name somebody apple or pilot? I understand you want to pick a name no one else has, but you're going to far when you pick off the wall names.

Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1268 on: June 06, 2011, 02:23:42 PM »

Douchebags who celebrate things such as PSN getting hacked and Jim Tressel resigning.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1269 on: June 06, 2011, 04:33:11 PM »

Douchebags who celebrate things such as PSN getting hacked and Jim Tressel resigning.

Agreed on point one, couldn't care less on point two. If he resigned, he resigned. I lost interest in college sports a long time ago because it's been a business for many years. I might as well watch professional sports.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
venomx
« Reply #1270 on: June 10, 2011, 04:13:30 AM »

I agree. But... but. I see now why celebrities change their own names...

Exp... Olivia Wilde was born Olivia Jane Cockburn. Twirling

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1271 on: June 10, 2011, 05:45:30 AM »

I agree. But... but. I see now why celebrities change their own names...

Or the former star of Barney Miller, Hal Lipsh!tz.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
venomx
« Reply #1272 on: June 10, 2011, 07:06:29 AM »

Puff Daddy Changes Name To “Swag”. Hmmm... AGAIN? Seriously? that's wack!
Cthulhu

« Reply #1273 on: June 10, 2011, 08:34:24 AM »

Hahahaha
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1274 on: June 10, 2011, 05:23:48 PM »

Not really grinds my gears, but annoys me: Why do girls always got to have the latest fashion trend? I'm a guy who doesn't care about the expensive name brands, just buy the regular trend. I also don't understand why some people pay hundreds of dollars for a pair of shoes..... Question

yeah no.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.