Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 01:33:01 PM
715940 Posts in 53161 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 647559 times)
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1380 on: July 17, 2011, 12:55:07 AM »

Jehovah witnesses  Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

I hate them, hate them, hate them, hate em. They've been harrasing me at home for about 3 years now. I work from home and I park my car in the street so they know when I'm home.

Next time they come I'm thinking of telling them I'm busy and if they'll kindly give me their address I'll stop by. When they no, I'll say is it because you don't want people buggin you at home. They'll say yes. Then I'll say, now you know how I feel and slam the door on them.
Have you tried answering the door naked? Or maybe with guns? Or both?
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #1381 on: July 17, 2011, 03:01:11 AM »

Need a sign that reads "Forget the dog, beware of the owner"

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1382 on: July 18, 2011, 09:05:40 AM »

I hate them, hate them, hate them, hate em. They've been harrasing me at home for about 3 years now. I work from home and I park my car in the street so they know when I'm home.

Next time they come I'm thinking of telling them I'm busy and if they'll kindly give me their address I'll stop by. When they no, I'll say is it because you don't want people buggin you at home. They'll say yes. Then I'll say, now you know how I feel and slam the door on them.

Cthulu has the right idea. I'm serious, if you want to get rid of them, you need to invite them in and give them a good reason to never come back. It's the only way. My Dad lived in Idaho Falls for a few years, and would get visited by Mormons constantly. He would invite them in, offer them beer, coffee, cigarettes. Eventually they stopped coming.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1383 on: July 18, 2011, 09:28:44 AM »

Cthulu has the right idea. I'm serious, if you want to get rid of them, you need to invite them in and give them a good reason to never come back. It's the only way. My Dad lived in Idaho Falls for a few years, and would get visited by Mormons constantly. He would invite them in, offer them beer, coffee, cigarettes. Eventually they stopped coming.

Flick's right. When I was maybe 20 or so, and still living at home, we used to get the JWs coming around. My mom, good Christian woman that she is, made the mistake of showing them hospitality and debating scripture with them, which just encouraged them. When I answered the door, I was rude, disrespectful, belligerent and downright mean. And I'm a big guy; I can be quite intimidating when I want to be, and even when I don't. If I didn't feel like playing with them, I'd open the door, see who it was, say "Aw sh!t" and slam it right back in their faces. Didn't take long for them to get the message and stop coming around.

I didn't really appreciate how effectively I'd deterred them until I happened to be sitting outside when they came along. They were going door-to-door, until they got to our house. They walked down the neighbour's driveway, walked on the street past our house (occasionally glancing my way), and back up to the neighbour on the other side. They were afraid to set foot on our property.

Politely send them away, and they'll just keep trying. Make them dread talking to you, and you'll never see them again.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1384 on: July 18, 2011, 11:03:02 AM »

Flick's right. When I was maybe 20 or so, and still living at home, we used to get the JWs coming around. My mom, good Christian woman that she is, made the mistake of showing them hospitality and debating scripture with them, which just encouraged them. When I answered the door, I was rude, disrespectful, belligerent and downright mean. And I'm a big guy; I can be quite intimidating when I want to be, and even when I don't. If I didn't feel like playing with them, I'd open the door, see who it was, say "Aw sh!t" and slam it right back in their faces. Didn't take long for them to get the message and stop coming around.

I didn't really appreciate how effectively I'd deterred them until I happened to be sitting outside when they came along. They were going door-to-door, until they got to our house. They walked down the neighbour's driveway, walked on the street past our house (occasionally glancing my way), and back up to the neighbour on the other side. They were afraid to set foot on our property.

Politely send them away, and they'll just keep trying. Make them dread talking to you, and you'll never see them again.

My other idea what to tell them when they come back is that I'm a satanist (totally false). I got the idea after seeing Rosemary's Baby. I think a shocking statement like that would either get them to leave me alone or either make them come back in greater numbers.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1385 on: July 18, 2011, 11:21:47 AM »

All you need is to be sufficiently unpleasant person to talk to, and they'll pass you by. I also might have shown a certain relish in mistreating the JWs, so they could be pretty sure they weren't going to soften me up. Don't know if their church has any policy about avoiding people who seem especially hostile, or if the canvassers themselves just skipped my house out of their own discomfort, but the result was I never had to deal with them again for years afterward.

Another trick I used to use was to peek through the curtains, either on the door itself or the window beside it, and once I was sure they'd seen me, I'd just duck back in and not answer the door.

When they started avoiding my house like the plague, I was pretty proud of myself, but also disappointed, because their visits did actually become a lot of fun for me.

---------------------
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1386 on: July 18, 2011, 12:48:30 PM »

I used to get JW's and some other smiley church canvassers harassing me in the street in town, until I started coming out with these really obscene, sexually explicit tales of how I made sweet love to Satan nightly.

Never bothered me again...  TeddyR

Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #1387 on: July 18, 2011, 03:47:53 PM »

Sorry for making this thread so religious  TongueOut

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1388 on: July 18, 2011, 04:21:09 PM »

Sorry for making this thread so religious  TongueOut

For me, JWs fall more under the category of pushy door-to-door solicitation than religion, so don't worry about it.

---------------------
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1389 on: July 18, 2011, 05:50:03 PM »

People who spell stuff badly, as in kewl instead of cool; phail instead of fail, this really irritates me because they are basic words that can't be written properly and is just one big mind f**k! Hatred
Also, what's with people who wants to be perfect? Isn't that just a little too much of being a misfit in a since? I AM a misfit and damn proud of it, but the former misfit I used isn't the latter misfit I consider myself to be.

yeah no.
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #1390 on: July 19, 2011, 03:30:12 PM »

Summer. Pollen,insects,heat,sweating...i hate it. I can't wait to winter comes around.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1391 on: July 19, 2011, 05:31:22 PM »

The easiest way (for me) to deal with Jehovah's Witnesses is to simply go through the Bible, point-by-point, and show them how totally un-Scriptural their belief system is.  They usually send out one veteran and one new convert; they don't want their newbies to doubt the infallibility of their system, so they never come back!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #1392 on: July 20, 2011, 04:39:35 PM »

People who post themselves playing cover songs on youtube.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1393 on: July 20, 2011, 04:50:55 PM »

trying to get some souls in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. Hatred

yeah no.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1394 on: July 20, 2011, 05:29:46 PM »

People who post themselves playing cover songs on youtube.

YES! I find that totally cringeworthy. Like, "hey look at me, listen to me, like me, like me oh please god!"

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.