Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:14:46 AM
715455 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7762 Members
Latest Member: HoustonJac
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 645008 times)
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1425 on: July 28, 2011, 03:55:12 PM »

Parents that swear casually in front of their children.

I swear casually in front of my parents.  TongueOut
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1426 on: July 29, 2011, 12:44:26 PM »

Hurrying to complete a job for somebody who is in no hurry to pick it up. Nothing like calling up a local person, who is a couple of minutes away, and hearing "I'll swing by and get it next week sometime."

Equally annoying are people who have been told their order will take a certain amount of time, but keep checking in to see if it's done early.

Even more annoying is the customer who keeps checking on the order, then takes their time picking it up after I've put a rush on it for them. Fortunately, that customer is much rarer than the other two.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1427 on: July 29, 2011, 12:58:29 PM »

Oh, you know people's kids questioning my gender, complete strangers calling me names when I'm trying to catch my bus after busting my balls at work. Oh, and when some guy throws beer in my face on the way home, yeah that's a laugh riot! What makes it worse is I come on here to communicate with my friends and have some geeky "douchebag" give me crap for having an opinion about a film! Grow up! Everyone grow the hell up and leave me alone! I'm on the freakin' edge right now and I'm tired of all this type of mindless stupidity every single god damn day of my boring little life for as long as I can remember!!!!!!!

Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1428 on: July 29, 2011, 07:42:28 PM »

Man that flat out sucks! I'd be royally p**sed too if someone treated me that way. Sounds like a crappy place to live--I think if I was in your place, I'd be looking for somewhere else to live. Pretty sad when people gotta judge someone just based on appearance...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1429 on: July 30, 2011, 06:39:11 PM »

People who get revenge and justice mixed up.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1430 on: July 30, 2011, 07:05:23 PM »

People who think someone disagreeing with them is absolutely foreign, then calling the other person names.
Doggett

« Reply #1431 on: July 30, 2011, 08:02:53 PM »

People who think someone disagreeing with them is absolutely foreign, then calling the other person names.

Let it go, dude...

Let it go.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1432 on: July 30, 2011, 08:24:36 PM »

Let it go, dude...

Let it go.

Agreed.  Trekkie, I'm going to go ahead and say this forum probably isn't for you. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1433 on: July 31, 2011, 12:32:50 AM »

People who seem to not understand the purpose of VIDEO. I see a youtube clip about Drag race ATVs, only to see it's just a bunch of different still pictures with wipe transitions with music. That or some knucklehead titling his video "My Drag Raptor's first run", and the video is of it running for a few seconds on jack stands. That's not a RUN, it's starting the machine and then shutting it off. A RUN is when you make a pass down the strip, you know, actually RIDING IT.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1434 on: July 31, 2011, 07:22:04 AM »

People who seem to not understand the purpose of VIDEO. I see a youtube clip about Drag race ATVs, only to see it's just a bunch of different still pictures with wipe transitions with music.

Jeez, I hate that. Especially when it's supposed to be a tribute to a movie character or an actor. A crappy slide show set to music.

Want to show stills? Just put them on a page. Put them on a message board. Put them in a Flickr account. The web handles photos extremely well.

Mind you, I have another peeve with home video that goes back to VHS cameras, and it also involves people who don't understand what video is for. People who use their video camera like a still camera. Shooting video of people standing in a line, smiling. Worse, you don't just get that, you get a record of the entire process of arranging them like that, and the voice of the guy with the camera trying to organize them - and occasionally whining at them to STAND STILL.

I'm glad that seems to have become rarer as people have gotten used to shooting video, but people still do it, along with another evil from the days of analog tape. Video that is one long, monotonous shot of people doing something that probably would have lent itself to a few still photos. Does anyone want to watch an erratically panning ten-minute video record of kids throwing snowballs, jumping through a sprinkler or kicking a ball around?

Makes me yearn for the days of 8mm. In the days of film, whether moving or still, you learned to make better use of a limited amount of stock.

---------------------
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1435 on: July 31, 2011, 01:11:10 PM »

Oh, you know people's kids questioning my gender, complete strangers calling me names when I'm trying to catch my bus after busting my balls at work.

Just heard a story on the radio that made me think of you, Circus, and thought it might give you a laugh. The story goes that Joe Pyne, the original obnoxious talk radio host, was interviewing Frank Zappa. Pyne, by the way, was missing one leg below the knee. Pyne reputedly told Zappa "I guess your long hair makes you a woman," to which Zappa shot back "I guess your wooden leg makes you a table." TeddyR

---------------------
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1436 on: August 01, 2011, 08:25:18 AM »

When you have painters coming over to touch up the outside of your house and they come over excesssively early and wake you up while setting up ladder and what not. This happened to me this morning at 6:30.  Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Vik
« Reply #1437 on: August 01, 2011, 09:29:57 AM »

My inability to be productive when just remotely tired.
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1438 on: August 01, 2011, 12:41:52 PM »

Drive-Thru's, why are they getting my orders so damn wrong lately?
Doggett

« Reply #1439 on: August 02, 2011, 12:34:39 PM »

The weather.

hot

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.