Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 07:31:53 AM
715929 Posts in 53160 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 647516 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1605 on: October 18, 2011, 08:10:34 PM »

People who stop and not to mention stand in entrances and exits.  Its fine mamm, adjust your pocket book in the busiest areas of the store, its no problem really.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1606 on: October 19, 2011, 08:11:51 AM »

People who stop and not to mention stand in entrances and exits.  Its fine mamm, adjust your pocket book in the busiest areas of the store, its no problem really.

I once had a lady do something similar in a supermarket. These brilliant people had set up some free samples right where the produce department meets the rear of the store, where they already had too many displays. One little space left for half the store traffic to go through, and this lady (one of those types who rests her whole upper body on the cart and strolls casually about) stops right there to gawk around. After a ridiculous amount of this, she sees me waiting and moves over. As I'm walking away, I hear in this snotty tone behind me "You're excused."

Oh, you did not just say that to me. I really had to make an effort to keep walking. I had such an urge to walk back and ask her how polite it was to stand around like an idiot in the worst bottleneck in the store, paying no attention to anyone around her. And then accuse me of being rude for showing her more patience than she deserved. b***h.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1607 on: October 19, 2011, 10:14:51 AM »

I once had a lady do something similar in a supermarket. These brilliant people had set up some free samples right where the produce department meets the rear of the store, where they already had too many displays. One little space left for half the store traffic to go through, and this lady (one of those types who rests her whole upper body on the cart and strolls casually about) stops right there to gawk around. After a ridiculous amount of this, she sees me waiting and moves over. As I'm walking away, I hear in this snotty tone behind me "You're excused."

Oh, you did not just say that to me. I really had to make an effort to keep walking. I had such an urge to walk back and ask her how polite it was to stand around like an idiot in the worst bottleneck in the store, paying no attention to anyone around her. And then accuse me of being rude for showing her more patience than she deserved. b***h.

That's part of a larger strand of just simple human ignorance to their surroundings and outright insconsideration. These are the same people that will walk 300 feet to their car, 250 feet of which is spent slowly ambling down the center of the driving aisle with three cars inching forward waiting for him/her to finish their selfish inconsiderate journey.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1608 on: October 19, 2011, 11:08:47 AM »

^ On a related note, I think people who cross roads diagonally in parking lots should be shot on site.

DarkSider's Realm

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1609 on: October 19, 2011, 11:35:50 AM »

Yeah, you walk round the supermarkets over here and there's just groups of people everywhere conducting their social lives! Get out of my way! Let me get to the bread! Let me get the hell out of the store!

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1610 on: October 19, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »

Or the ones you get stuck behind in the checkout line and lo-and-behold, it's the cashier's best friend!  Oh how nice, now they're gonna have a five minute chat about how so-and-so is doing these days   Lookingup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1611 on: October 19, 2011, 12:16:10 PM »

Or the ones you get stuck behind in the checkout line and lo-and-behold, it's the cashier's best friend!  Oh how nice, now they're gonna have a five minute chat about how so-and-so is doing these days   Lookingup
try this at a stop that turned green and they stayed there til the light turned yellow. Thumbdown

yeah no.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1612 on: October 19, 2011, 02:05:51 PM »

Then there are the people who leave their cart on one side of an aisle while they look at the shelves on the other side, blocking the entire thing. I had somebody do this right in front of me last week, as I was coming down the aisle toward him. Stopped his cart on the opposite side then strolled over and stood right in front of me. Totally oblivious.

---------------------
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1613 on: October 19, 2011, 02:17:06 PM »

Humanity advanced to the point that natural selection no longer exists. Therefore, humanity is filled to the brim with people that would otherwise be dead due to lack of basic things like congizance of their immediate surroundings. Advancement is a blessing and a curse to be sure.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1614 on: October 19, 2011, 04:17:11 PM »

Then there are the people who leave their cart on one side of an aisle while they look at the shelves on the other side, blocking the entire thing. I had somebody do this right in front of me last week, as I was coming down the aisle toward him. Stopped his cart on the opposite side then strolled over and stood right in front of me. Totally oblivious.
let's try having the person, who parked in front of the cart return lot and just push the cart to the side. Thumbdown

yeah no.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1615 on: October 19, 2011, 07:59:17 PM »

Yeah, you walk round the supermarkets over here and there's just groups of people everywhere conducting their social lives! Get out of my way! Let me get to the bread! Let me get the hell out of the store!
Glad to see things are no different over the pond than they are here.

We have a local supermarket that I always end up having to run to for the basic items.  Never fails, I always run into someone I know much like many other people in the place.  However, I try to do things the right way.  I greet them while walking by, maybe make a quick joke or comment and go amongst my business.  I'm not there to hang out, I'm there to go for my selected items and get out. 

DarkSider's Realm

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1616 on: October 19, 2011, 09:30:08 PM »

Glad to see things are no different over the pond than they are here.

We have a local supermarket that I always end up having to run to for the basic items.  Never fails, I always run into someone I know much like many other people in the place.  However, I try to do things the right way.  I greet them while walking by, maybe make a quick joke or comment and go amongst my business.  I'm not there to hang out, I'm there to go for my selected items and get out. 

For bumping into a casual acquaintance, a friendly nod is enough for me.

---------------------
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1617 on: October 22, 2011, 02:07:46 PM »

People who feverishly insist that you smile for a photo.

DarkSider's Realm

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1618 on: October 22, 2011, 02:50:43 PM »

Especially when they think there's some kind of rule that you must put on a big, cheesy grin. There's nothing wrong with a pleasant, natural-looking expression in a posed photo. If you can catch a real smile, that's great, but phony ones just look phony. And when you try to make kids smile on demand, you often get something that's more of a grimace.

---------------------
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1619 on: October 22, 2011, 02:54:01 PM »

Especially when they think there's some kind of rule that you must put on a big, cheesy grin. There's nothing wrong with a pleasant, natural-looking expression in a posed photo. If you can catch a real smile, that's great, but phony ones just look phony. And when you try to make kids smile on demand, you often get something that's more of a grimace.

I agree. I cannot for the life of me, smile on command.

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.