Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:49:08 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 162
Author Topic: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?  (Read 620018 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1950 on: August 20, 2012, 01:47:26 PM »

Extremists of both sides....left and right. No compromises,no agreements,no working together,no caring about those of us in the middle....ARGH! Hatred

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
66Crush
« Reply #1951 on: August 21, 2012, 02:56:00 AM »

It makes me furious that the rich and famous don't pay for the horrible way they treat people. Nobody can touch them because they have money for high powered lawyers and security. I wish there could be some one designated as the A**hole police who have the legal right to beat these people to a bloody pulp. Hatred
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1952 on: August 21, 2012, 10:47:58 AM »

You know what grinds my gears?
These! (press the play button)

Small | Large

They're all over Youtube and every single person who posts one should be flogged.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1953 on: August 22, 2012, 03:37:14 AM »

It makes me furious that the rich and famous don't pay for the horrible way they treat people. Nobody can touch them because they have money for high powered lawyers and security. I wish there could be some one designated as the A**hole police who have the legal right to beat these people to a bloody pulp. Hatred

Not sure if serious. . . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1954 on: August 31, 2012, 07:30:33 AM »

Going back again to the idea of making a deal.  This time not on Ebay.  We have a online bulletin board (a la Craig's List) at work where people can post their stuff to sell.  7 times out of 10 I'll get a response, reply with how we can handle the transaction and never hear from them again.  Do these people not know how to reply?  Its a bit rude seeing I have to sit on the item for a week to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1955 on: August 31, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »

Going back again to the idea of making a deal.  This time not on Ebay.  We have a online bulletin board (a la Craig's List) at work where people can post their stuff to sell.  7 times out of 10 I'll get a response, reply with how we can handle the transaction and never hear from them again.  Do these people not know how to reply?  Its a bit rude seeing I have to sit on the item for a week to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

Try the exact same scenario with an apartment for rent. You'll know a new kind of anger. My couple of years as a landlord have taught me that verbal agreements are meaningless and contract law is a joke.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
tracy

« Reply #1956 on: August 31, 2012, 12:22:52 PM »

Snobs....people who think they are so much better than you  for whatever reason they can think of. If you treat people like dirt then no ammount of money or position makes you better. I consider myself a pretty amiable person and try to get along with folks but some just won't let you. They consider you beneath them.....but why?

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1957 on: September 04, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »

Snobs....people who think they are so much better than you  for whatever reason they can think of. If you treat people like dirt then no ammount of money or position makes you better. I consider myself a pretty amiable person and try to get along with folks but some just won't let you. They consider you beneath them.....but why?
Ooooh, that reminds me of the time I smoked a Mercedes and BMW in my car, you know how people in Mercedes/BMW/Audis are jerks, Imagine the shock on their face when I smoked them off the line at a stop light in my 97 Mustang with the 3.8L V-6 against their newer cars TeddyR the feeling was glorious. Cheers

yeah no.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1958 on: September 11, 2012, 08:48:52 AM »

I went grocery shopping this morning. It took me about 5 minutes to find what items on my list. I literally had to wait over a half hour for a register to open.

I waited in the store longer than it took me to drive there, find my items and get back home.

Seriously! WTF?

Hatred Hatred

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1959 on: September 11, 2012, 10:22:35 AM »

I went grocery shopping this morning. It took me about 5 minutes to find what items on my list. I literally had to wait over a half hour for a register to open.

I waited in the store longer than it took me to drive there, find my items and get back home.

Seriously! WTF?

Hatred Hatred

I hate it when I go to a store that has plenty of checkouts, but only a couple are open and people are lined up at them. Come on.

---------------------
tracy

« Reply #1960 on: September 11, 2012, 01:07:37 PM »

Seriously! WTF?

Hatred Hatred
Sigh...that's every Wal Mart I've ever been in. Lookingup
I hate it when I go to a store that has plenty of checkouts, but only a couple are open and people are lined up at them. Come on.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1961 on: September 11, 2012, 04:01:24 PM »

Child protector caps on vitamins and supplements.   Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1962 on: September 18, 2012, 03:21:51 PM »

Same freined I mentioned before who invtied himself over ....yeah he did it again. Also admitted to being here to "kill time" before calling someone else. Seriously, this is annoying as all hell.

Ha's still here. Not gonna call friend for another 40 minutes or so...like I have nothing bette to do then be a time killer. I was in the middle of  doing something when he came over.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1963 on: September 18, 2012, 09:48:03 PM »

I was trying to get a production artist position at the company I currently work for.  The position requires proficiency in a page layout program called QuarkXpress. I tried to download a 30 day trial version of the program.  It took me at least three attempt to get it to download the complete file-and it took nearly two hours to complete it.  When I tried to run the installer-it told me I couldn't install the program. Why? Because before, I had downloaded the previous version and couldn't install this one.  I know and understand why DRM exists, but this was just annoying. All that time wasted, and it gets worse.

See the thing is that QurakXpress USED to be the industry standard for page layout. USED to be.  When Adobe created its own called InDesgin, that became the one most companies started using. Most of the graphic places I've previously applied too wanted InDesign.

My college taught InDesign. Any little learning index near me teaches InDesign. I taught myself InDesgin (and these types of programs can be really expensive). The only place I found it being taught was an online broadcast-that takes place during the time I'm at work.  While, in many aspects the two programs are similar, there are enough differences that while someone wouldn't necessarily be lost-but it would slow someone down. 

I've tried to get this position before.   The first time I didn't do that well.  Second time, after I practiced with the free 30 day trial version I did much better but still not good enough to get the job.  Waiting several months for a new opportunity-and now I can't get the refresher practice I would need.

And the previous times I tried to get the job. They told me I should take a class to learn QurarkXpress. Which I stated earlier isn't the industry standard anymore.  It's frustrating, because I've been working at this company (in an unrelated department) for several years now. I took it to try to get my foot in the door. And now it seems its this one thing keeping me from advancing. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1964 on: September 18, 2012, 10:31:29 PM »

I was trying to get a production artist position at the company I currently work for.  The position requires proficiency in a page layout program called QuarkXpress. I tried to download a 30 day trial version of the program.  It took me at least three attempt to get it to download the complete file-and it took nearly two hours to complete it.  When I tried to run the installer-it told me I couldn't install the program. Why? Because before, I had downloaded the previous version and couldn't install this one.  I know and understand why DRM exists, but this was just annoying. All that time wasted, and it gets worse.

I worked with Quark pretty much continuously from 1988 to 2008. Started with the very first version, in fact. They were one of the worst for DRM, going back about 20 years. I remember using Quark 2 for most of the 90s because it was the last version you could install on your whole network without buying licences for every station at about $900 a pop. Would only let one copy run at a time. Quark had that limitation years before any other software we were using.

Quark had the advantage of being first out of the gate when the whole publishing industry was retooling and shopping for software like theirs. Once they were the industry standard, they abused it like crazy.

---------------------
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 162
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.