Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:11:09 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  skeletons in the closet « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: skeletons in the closet  (Read 4020 times)
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« on: June 12, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »

hi
We all have one,you know! that secret we want to get off our chest but are afraid to do so.
well here i go, several years ago whilst riding my motorbike i knocked down and killed my wife,s cat(my wife loves cats,i loathe them) knowing i was in deep s**t i picked up the limp body and placed it on some land we own adjacent to our house. After several frantic and tearful days of looking my wife finally found her beloved cat dead on our land.It broke her heart and i planned on owning up but i have this insane desire to stay alive. so there i have repented, now it is your turn what is your skeleton in your closet?
a very sad and broken macabre,

NOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
claws
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 04:50:05 PM »

I have a feeling your confession won't fly very well with all the animal and cat lovers here.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 09:19:00 AM by claws » Logged
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 05:03:56 PM »

so there i have repented

I don't think you've repented until you've confessed this to YOUR WIFE - the whole story, including how you tried to hide what happened rather than posting it to an Internet forum composed of a bunch of folks that don't know you.

Unless you HAVE done this and I misunderstood your post, in which case good on ya.

My two cents...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 05:07:54 PM »

I am Cropsey
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »

hi
let me try and make some sense of this, my loves cats,my wife would kill me should she ever know of my accident.you guys can tell me i must confess all to my wife but as i mentioned i kind of like living and i have no desire to be tortured and finally slaughtered by my wife. so i shall confess all to you ,even though i am sad that you consider yourselves as strangers,i kind of thought we are all friends on this site, any way the whole idea was to allow you to get your skeletons out of the closet. so come on
 do it!
 macabre

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 07:27:27 PM »

Hold the phone there, macabre:

There are degrees of friendship.  You have been on here - what - a whole whopping five weeks?  We are just beginning to get to know you.

I think we understand your situation. I strongly suspect you expect your wife to believe you ran over the cat on purpose.  If your dislike of the cat was an open issue, that reaction could be natural.  Still, I have to agree with ulthar:  it is not up to us to give you any form of 'absolution' for the deed you have confessed.  It is not our place.  You have to seek that from the person who was most affected: your wife.    The longer you leave it, the worse the reaction will be.  Go ahead and keep it from her: but don't expect to be 'off the hook' simply because you have aired the incident here.

(I've tried but I am afraid I cannot hold back mentioning that it is disturbing to me how callous you seem to be about an animal (your hate for cats as a species notwithstanding), yet you work with children with special needs which presumably requires great compassion - as you have pointed out several times.  I find that an unsettling incongruity.)

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 04:54:42 AM »

I am Cropsey

Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Luna
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 04:58:13 AM »

I can't even comprehend this.  Quite frankly, if you were my husband, this would be grounds for divorce.  If you'd told the truth from the get-go and seemed to show some shame or sympathy or any actual human emotion aside from trying not to get caught... I'm not even sure I could fully forgive you even then, if I were in your wife's shoes, but at least you wouldn't be outright lying to my face for years, so I'd give points for that.  I mean, you actually LET your wife cry her eyes out and look for the body YOU hid... for days... and you think that's just peachy?  This is a HUGE, disturbing lie and I can't get behind animal hate or abuse and I can't relate to people who demonize cats.  It doesn't make you look cool or "hard" or anything of the sort to so despise a small, fuzzy family pet.  Some things just shouldn't be confessed to on a message board or anywhere, especially in this way.  I'm sorry, but this post just makes me really sad from a purely human perspective.
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 05:31:27 AM »

hi
I seem to have opened up a can of worms with this thread.First do not underestimate my love for my job and my love for any child,regardless of whether the child is disabled or not.The whole idea of this thread was not to take it seriously but to allow you guys to have a chance to put pen to paper and write down anything you may feel slightly guilty of. This particular accident happened a long time ago and as i mentioned it was an ACCIDENT!. I love animals and we have fish a dog and quite a few more animal additions to our family.When i say i loathe cats it does not mean i would go out and intentionally hurt one,we all have our pet hates. I never claimed to be any of you guys best friends i don,t expect no birthday cards from you, i just made a valid point.I am quite shocked from the response you guys have shown i did not go out and kill the cat on purpose  I realise i should have told my wife but i didn,t. Before you guys set out to be my jury and give me the death penalty let me just say this last thing.

LET HIM WHO HAS NOT SINNED CAST THE FIRST STONE!!!!!
  MACABRE!!!!!

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 05:56:26 AM »

Please say I, not 'i'.  Smile

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Luna
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 06:04:48 AM »

Ah yes, totally my fault you're shocked at my response.  After all, you clearly sounded very repentant in your post, what with your Borat-style "NOT!!!" after saying you were sad about it.  It's all in the past, a long time ago like you said, and I'm sure she'd feel the same way if she knew, right?  So no worries.   Thumbup

Seriously, how could you watch your wife go through the agony of looking for her lost cat that you knew you hid in plain sight so she'd find it eventually?  I'm being totally honest here but that just strikes me as really coldhearted, looking out for number one and not caring how much time she spent, heartsick, looking for her beloved pet.  Just really wrong on a very basic level.  Again, I'm sorry, but that's just cruel and it's not just about killing the cat, which is bad enough in my eyes, but how you treated your wife in your own self-interest.

As far as casting stones goes, it's interesting of you to bring up bible verse to try to make me feel bad for questioning your judgment in sharing this very un-Christlike story.  What can I say?  Overshare and you'll get responses.  Did you really think nobody would reply to your confession?  On the internet?  Or is this just some sort of elaborate trolling?  I'm pretty new here so I'm not quite sure what to believe about this.  :\
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 06:59:38 AM »

hi
This shall be my last say on this subject.I expected a response and I got one(well quite a few) I accept what i did was cruel and spiteful but had I told my wife of this accident it would have probably meant me having to go to some Court to claim the right to see my children.When I say this I mean it.I am not saying I am the good guy and I am not asking for justification.This accident happened whilst I was test riding my friends motorbike after I had fixed it for him.My wife does not allow me to ride bikes because she claims it gives me too much freedom.This incident would not have been an accident in my wife's eyes(she does not believe in accidents) I am saddened that anyone would question my love for my job or for my children(because I do not like cats I am not a good teacher!)
I love animals and we have quite a few pets, cats(yes) birds,fish,chinchilla and a moody parrot I had an accident and I made a choice it was the wrong choice I know ,but for me at the time it was the right choice.To imply that I am trying to be "HARD" for posting this thread is stupid and I shall not even go down that route. We have all done something we are ashamed of.I should not have posted my mistake but I did and I shall live with it.
Whether you guys still count me as a friend only time will tell but I  shall  still continue to use this site until such time that you guys ask me not to.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 11:33:06 PM »

hi
We all have one,you know! that secret we want to get off our chest but are afraid to do so.
well here i go, several years ago whilst riding my motorbike i knocked down and killed my wife,s cat(my wife loves cats,i loathe them) knowing i was in deep s**t i picked up the limp body and placed it on some land we own adjacent to our house. After several frantic and tearful days of looking my wife finally found her beloved cat dead on our land.It broke her heart and i planned on owning up but i have this insane desire to stay alive. so there i have repented, now it is your turn what is your skeleton in your closet?
a very sad and broken macabre,

NOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!
You let your wife suffer for "several frantic and tearful days"?  Do you think your life is some terrible sitcom?  Your responses to Luna ignore the fact that your tone was set by this final remark:  "NOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!"  Hatred

Instead of being contrite, you argue the point.  I'm sorry, Macabre, and I don't mean to encourage you off the site, but, I knock you: whatever else you are, you're an ass.   Thumbdown
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 11:38:31 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 11:22:26 AM »

Your responses to Luna ignore the fact that your tone was set by this final remark:  "NOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!"  Hatred

I thought it was set by the glib tone of the whole post, content notwithstanding.

And although we've all done things we're ashamed of, I think most of the guys on here could say they haven't kept a secret that big from their wives. And that's what people are objecting to. Not killing the cat, but the deception. If it's something as important to her as the post would suggest, then covering it up to avoid her anger is not just childish but I'd almost consider it infidelity. There is an obvious lack of trust there, with a wife who is not being trusted to understand and a husband who clearly cannot be trusted.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 11:39:50 AM »

Your responses to Luna ignore the fact that your tone was set by this final remark:  "NOTTTTT!!!!!!!!!"  Hatred

I thought it was set by the glib tone of the whole post, content notwithstanding.

And although we've all done things we're ashamed of, I think most of the guys on here could say they haven't kept a secret that big from their wives. And that's what people are objecting to. Not killing the cat, but the deception. If it's something as important to her as the post would suggest, then covering it up to avoid her anger is not just childish but I'd almost consider it infidelity. There is an obvious lack of trust there, with a wife who is not being trusted to understand and a husband who clearly cannot be trusted.

I'll chime in along similar lines. If you haven't already done so, you may want to look at your initial post. The tone of it I think is what has spawned such negative response, not so much that you did something you're ashamed of and haven't confessed to. The fact that it was an animal is certainly going to touch some nerves as well, so you really shouldn't be taken aback or surprised by such outrage.

But, to offer a slightly friendlier response, I believe you should get over the reaction you've received, and actually try and take something from it. No use in being confrontational about it. It was an unfortunate post, but that doesn't make you a demon. And, regarding friendship, true friends are going to tell you when you're mistaken or our of line, which your initial post squarely puts you. Not trying to be confrontational, just suggesting you apply humility, get over it, and move on.

I'm married, and I can tell you that this is going to haunt you for the rest of your life if you don't confess it. I know it's harsh, and particularly so if you have kept it hidden. But your wife does deserve to know, whether you think the reaction will be over-the-top or not. Do you have any more cats? If you don't, I might suggest that you plan a humble confession and apology, do your best to convince your wife that it was not intentional, and suggest the acquisition of a cat to prove that you are tolerant of them. I don't know if that last bit will carry any weight with your wife or not, just a suggestion. Although your wife may brow-beat your severely, you must resist the urge to become defensive, as strong as that urge is likely to be.

There, I've done my best to be constructive.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  skeletons in the closet « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.