Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:40:35 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  70s or 80s animation about a girl during a war « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 70s or 80s animation about a girl during a war  (Read 4388 times)
hhglnd
Dedicated Viewer

« on: October 14, 2009, 02:14:33 AM »

I remember an animation about a very young girl in what seems like World War  II.  I remember only two scenes but remembered it was a very sad story.  I remember she was hiding from what I guess were the Nazis.  She lived near a stone bridge over a river because she would see troops crossing the bridge.  In one scene where she was seeing how much acorns she collected to live off of from the forest, one of the acorns from the pile fell and the whole pile fell down.  I think she was also talking to a squirrel.  From this acron pile she gets the idea that if she takes out one of the bricks from the stone bridge then the whole bridge would fall and the troops can't use it anymore.  And I think somehow this will help her father.  She is living alone in the woods by the way.  Anyway she does manage to remove one brick, but it did not make the while bridge fall down the next troops cross it.  I remember those one of the many reasons I remembered the movie as being sad.  That's all I can remember.
JJ80
Nutter Magnet
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 07:55:27 AM »

Possibly this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0242851/

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 08:22:16 AM »

Oh, man.   Bluesad  That is the SADDEST movie EVER.   Bluesad

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 08:31:36 AM »

As JJ80 and Akiratubo agree, the film is SARAH AND THE SQUIRREL - animated, sad, WW2, nazis, a squirrel, the bridge, the O.P. request is highly specific and it's all there........ solved.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 10:48:53 AM »

As JJ80 and Akiratubo agree, the film is SARAH AND THE SQUIRREL - animated, sad, WW2, nazis, a squirrel, the bridge, the O.P. request is highly specific and it's all there........ solved.

Oo-oo!  A dead thread from 12 years ago that 2 people responded to... solved! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  70s or 80s animation about a girl during a war « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.