Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:11:33 PM
714407 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad movies that deserve remakes, or you think are going to have remakes « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Bad movies that deserve remakes, or you think are going to have remakes  (Read 15400 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 07:29:12 PM »

It seems sooner or later FIEND WITHOUT A FACE is going to be remade. That sounds cool to me.  I can't post a link so I'll cut and paste the article.

A modern redux of the 1958 cult classic FIEND WITHOUT A FACE has been in the works for quite some time now, with filmmakers including Joe Dante, MAY’s Lucky McKee and NIGHT OF THE DEMONS’ Adam Gierasch involved at various stages. At this past weekend’s Saturday Nightmares event in New Jersey, Fango spoke to the man now holding the project’s reins: STREET TRASH writer/producer Roy Frumkes.

“I optioned the rights from [original producer] Richard Gordon, who has optioned them several times before,” Frumkes tells us; he’d like to have the veteran fear filmmaker play a scientist in the film. “We’ve been friends for 10 years, and he brought it up one day over lunch and we reached an agreement. Then I set my own deadlines: The option started January 1, and I gave myself two months to write the first draft of the script, which is done, and one month to research it. I’ve wanted to do this film for 40 years, so I already had it all in my head, and it wasn’t hard to write. What I didn’t have was the technical information; I’m no science buff. Now I’m interviewing scientists, getting the technology straight.”

now, 99 out of 100, chances are that it's going to be CGI Bluesad the Original was stop motion, you can't do better than stop motion- KING KONG, 20 Mil. miles to Earth, etc.... c'mon now, why is it that all remakes from stop motion is being CGI, where's all of the creativity? ITZ CHEAP I SEYZ! Hatred

yeah no.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2010, 03:03:41 AM »

I want to see Howling III remade. It's a horrible film, but a little nugget of its concept could work.  Get rid of the marsupial thing, focus the plot, make the werewolves brutally violent but not evil, and make them as tough as the ones from the original film.  And they should be the lead characters.  Against werewolf hunters who are the bad guys. Sort of like the climax of Nightbreed, only an entire film of that.  That'd be spiffy.
10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2010, 03:53:23 PM »

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead was bad. I think it would have been a lot better if not for the musical numbers.

John Hancock
Hammock Rider

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2010, 08:21:54 AM »

I wouldn't consider these "bad" movies but I'd like to see The Deadly Mantis or Tarantula remade. We need some good old fashioned giant monster movies. These movies were made pretty cheaply and still manage to entertain. They're almost tailor made for today's market.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
venomx
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »

I would bet that Jaws will have a remake in the next 5 years.

Attack of the Mushroom People 1963, that would be a cool remake.

Btw - If Hollywood is listening, hint hint. Redo Resident Evil. Make it like the 1st game!

The story and everything else that was great about the game.

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 09:59:09 PM »

I want them to restart Ghost Rider.  I know a sequal is in the works.  But its still with Nicholas Cage, the story line has him in Romania(and almost completely ignoring some of the Ghost Rider mythology) and I just heard its budget has been cut.

I want to see a new version with a more suitable actor in the lead, and a real villian (instead of the pseudo Blackheart we got).  Either really give us Mephesto, the real Blackheart or let us see Zadkiel.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2010, 02:25:04 AM »

I'm probably going to be drawn and quartered for this but...I believe that in the right hands, Suspiria could come out as an equal success. I love this movie, but it would be interesting to see what someone like, I don't know, whoever directed Session 9 or Ti West could do with it.

I also think that Uwe Boll and Michael Bay should become partners and set out to remake the worst movies together and see if they can make them any better with their gargantuan budgets (Like Nukie, Manos, Tammy and the T-Rex, Demon Island, etc.)
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2010, 02:30:51 AM »

Either really give us Mephesto.

That b***h ruined Spider-Man!  Hatred
Flangepart

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 09:58:58 AM »

RE: Tarantula and Mantis...would love to see a remake of both.
Hummm...did these bugs always have the munchies? Seems like in relation to the amound of bug to be fed, humans would make a paltrey snack.
"Oh, man. I just ate a bus load of humans and I need more! I have GOT to find a herd of cattle..."

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »

Highlander II.

It completely ruined the first film and made the sequels the worst things to ever come to cinema. It felt like a big middle finger to people who like the first movie and it ruined it's cult following. Just take out the alien sh*t.

Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »

Highlander II.

It completely ruined the first film and made the sequels the worst things to ever come to cinema. It felt like a big middle finger to people who like the first movie and it ruined it's cult following. Just take out the alien sh*t.

Um, where have you been for the last 18 years? It was fixed in 1994 with the Renegade Cut and the latest release has better F/X.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »

Not that it was bad, but I'd like to see some sort of remaked of Eraserhead.

Redneck Zombies- really should be remade.  With all the massive popularity of sorts for zombies, it should be brought out.

Showgirls- Remake it, and cast Lindsay Lohan and Demi Lovato in the lead roles.  It'll work.

And I recently found out that some people in Hollywood contacted Troma and are making a PG-13 version of The Toxic Avenger. Buggedout

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2010, 01:47:38 AM »

Master Killer

5 Deadly Venoms

The Candy Tangerine Man

Petey Wheatstraw - The Devils son in law.

Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2010, 01:28:26 PM »

Not that it was bad, but I'd like to see some sort of remaked of Eraserhead.

Showgirls- Remake it, and cast Lindsay Lohan and Demi Lovato in the lead roles.  It'll work.

It's pretty much already been remade as Burlesque.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2010, 04:51:30 PM »

RE: Tarantula and Mantis...would love to see a remake of both.
Hummm...did these bugs always have the munchies? Seems like in relation to the amound of bug to be fed, humans would make a paltrey snack.
"Oh, man. I just ate a bus load of humans and I need more! I have GOT to find a herd of cattle..."

I hate to ask this question, but . . . The busload of humans . . . Were they Chinese?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad movies that deserve remakes, or you think are going to have remakes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.