Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:08:17 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Musical Failures « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Musical Failures  (Read 15407 times)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 07:45:40 PM »

As much as it pains me to say this:  Tori Amos's Strange Little Girls.

And not so much "failure" as "massive disappointment".  I thought she would do her usual Tori thing (like she did with her version Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit).  But it was just woeful and I remember feeling very betrayed and let down at the end of the CD.

There was one saving grace though: Rattlesnakes.  It was the closest she came to her usual Tori Magic Touch.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 09:13:17 PM »

Paid a huge signing bonus by Elektra, and with an enormous ad campaign, JOBRIATH's first album tanked badly, with a followup that went completely unnoticed. 
JOBRIATH

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 05:28:22 AM »

Stone Roses - "Second Coming" was considered a massive disappointment by a lot of Stone Roses fans

there's even a joke about it in SHAUN OF THE DEAD when they're deciding which LP's to throw at the 2 zombies in then garden:

"Second Coming?..."

"I liked it"  TeddyR
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 05:33:31 AM by DCA » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 05:34:25 AM »

Stone Roses - "Second Coming" was considered a massive disappointment by a lot of Stone Roses fans

there's even a joke about it in SEAN OF THE DEAD when they're deciding which LP's to throw at the 2 zombies in then garden:

"Second Coming?..."

"I liked it"  TeddyR

TeddyR I remember that: Simon Pegg said on an audio commentary that they had to get permission from all the artists to chuck their records, including Sade and Prince.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 07:22:48 AM »

hah yeah they both threw the Batman soundtrack without hesitation. wonder what Prince thought about that  BounceGiggle

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 08:56:02 AM »

hah yeah they both threw the Batman soundtrack without hesitation. wonder what Prince thought about that  BounceGiggle
So...he doesn't mind if someone uses his shi**y records as a weapon against zombies, but gets offended when Weird Al calls and asks if he can do a parody? Question

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
voltron

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 01:12:53 PM »

Eyehatgod's Dopesick

Sandwiched between two excellent albums (Take As Needed For Pain and Confederation Of Ruined Lives) this is EHG's weakest release. Heavy as f**k, but generally hookless compared to their other works

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 10:00:34 PM »

Eyehatgod's Dopesick

Sandwiched between two excellent albums (Take As Needed For Pain and Confederation Of Ruined Lives) this is EHG's weakest release.
Heavy as f**k, but generally hookless compared to their other works
Sounds like I'd like it.  I'll have to remember Dopesick... I'm into music I can listen to hundreds of times and still find interesting. and tuneless music is reminiscent of ambient music which might turn out to be an eternal soundtrack. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 02:44:36 AM »

Faith No More "Album of the Year."

I love this band. They tapped a nerve and found success with their first album "The Real Thing." They then followed up that up with the deliberately obtuse and experimental "Angel Dust." (Proof of concept that good music is good music, my mom really enjoys "Angel Dust.") They then followed up that album with "King For a Day, Fool For a Lifetime." It was ignored, but it's an amazing album.

Several years later, "Album of the Year" came out. It's almost lifeless. Like all of the band members lost interest in the project at the same time. There are songs I like here, but who cares? The band members certainly don't.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 04:50:42 AM »

I agree I didn't like Album Of The Year much, but I know a couple of big FNM fans who think it is their best album, strangely enough. Angel Dust is great though, I don't think they could've topped that no matter what they did afterwards...

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 07:09:30 AM »

Metallica- St. Anger
I can take Load.  It actually has some okay tunes on it.  St. Anger on the other hand... Let's not have any solos and let's make it sound like we're recording in a basement and Lars is banging on garbage cans!  Yeah!  Awesome!  Wait a second.  BAAAAAARRRRRF! 

Motley Crue- Generation Swine
You are Motley Crue, not Nine Inch Nails.

Iron Maiden- Virtual XI
It's metal, but do I like it?  No, sorry.  You've had better sessions, Maiden.

Ill Nino- Confession
I'm not the biggest nu metal fan, but I liked the first Ill Nino album.  The second one turned down the roaring vocals, turned up the whining, and turned out irritating. 

In Flames- Reroute to Remain
I can forgive most of their latter efforts.  I liked Come Clarity, didn't totally hate Soundtrack to Your Escape (yeah, you read that right), and even liked their newest album and Clayman.  But RtR?  Oh man, it's a kick in the nuts.

Tool- Lateralus
The more these guys have tried to sound progressive, the less I've begun to like them.  It's sad, because I like prog rock and prog metal.  I'm just not a big fan of the same riffs for two minutes straight. 
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 04:21:48 PM »

Did Anyone Know That Ali Lohan (lindsay lohan's younger sister) Had A Short Lived Music Career?

She Made A Short Album Of Christmas Songs That Didn't Sell very Well , And Then She Faded Out Of The Spotlight
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 08:42:02 AM »

Kiss' albums from "Lick it up" to "Hot in the Shade" are what I call major failures. On each of these albums, only one or two songs were worth listening to. The rest was just putrid, half-assed, boring, uninspired, unmemorable, lame, cheesy, awful filler. I'm surprised that they managed to survive during the 80's with that crap.
voltron

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 03:36:25 PM »

Eyehatgod's Dopesick

Sandwiched between two excellent albums (Take As Needed For Pain and Confederation Of Ruined Lives) this is EHG's weakest release.
Heavy as f**k, but generally hookless compared to their other works
Sounds like I'd like it.  I'll have to remember Dopesick... I'm into music I can listen to hundreds of times and still find interesting. and tuneless music is reminiscent of ambient music which might turn out to be an eternal soundtrack. 

Hey, AHD, I'm not sure wether you're into metal or not, but EHG are a great band that're considered to the the godfathers of what we metalheads like to call "sludge metal" - picture Black Sabbath on a mixture of whiskey, heroin, and exhaust fumes and you're almost there. BTW, I also LOVE ambient (ie: Rapoon, Lull, etc...) as well.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 03:48:30 AM »

A Perfect Circle's "eMotive."

I really like A Perfect Circle. I thought there first two albums were great.

Then the released "eMotive." This was an album to protest the Iraq war, released in 2004 when it was in full swing with patriotic support. What they did was cover a bunch of anti-war songs from the '60s in their own style. The results were terrible, a complete throwaway album.

Here's their cover of the much loved John Lennon song "Imagine." (Not loved by me, I think that song is insipid.)

Small | Large

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against musicians throwing their politics into their music. I'm actually much in favor of it. Not germane, but I was as against the Iraq war at that time. This album was terrible, though. As a protest it was stupid, and as music it was eminently forgettable.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Musical Failures « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.