Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:52:58 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Underground Lairs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best Underground Lairs  (Read 1537 times)
Oscar
Dedicated Viewer

Meurdher? Who said meurdher??!!

« on: June 29, 2010, 10:46:58 AM »

I don't know if this has been done recently, but I didn't see it going back several months.

Which underground (or otherwise) Super-Secret Hideouts do you like?

I recently saw Dr. No again. I used to think his hideout was lame compared to later ones in the Bond series, but now it looks pretty sweet to me. The way even the bedrooms were done I wouldn't mind having in my own house. Ursula Andress on a white tiger rug, anyone?  Considering this was done 46 years ago, the original audiences' jaws must have bounced off the floor.
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 11:04:53 AM »

Danger: Diabolik    TeddyR TeddyR

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 01:57:10 PM »

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Oscar
Dedicated Viewer

Meurdher? Who said meurdher??!!

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 10:39:23 PM »

Chaos, agreed on Danger: Diabolik, now one of my favorites. Most of the underground base was painted (by Mario Bava himself, I think), on glass and laid over the shots. Pretty wild stuff even for the psychedelic Sixties. That hideout is the stuff adolescent fantasies are made of. BTW, I've seen the original version and MST3K. The MST3K left out a surprising number of shots, though it was still pretty funny. You'll probably enjoy the riffs more if you watch the original first. 

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 10:37:49 AM »

Bond villains had some great underground hideouts. The volcano in You Only Live Twice had to be my favourite.

One that is technically a military installation but certainly qualifies as a villain's underground lair is the WAMP facility from Spies Like Us. Always thought it was cool.
Small | Large

One of the movie's most memorable lines for me is B.B. King saying "Won't you gentlemen have a Pepsi." This scene is also notable for having Sam Raimi and Joel Coen guarding the drive-in.

Couldn't find a clip of this in English, only dubbed in Czech, which seems kind of ironic.
Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 10:53:20 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 11:15:42 AM »

Well obviously Batman has the Batcave. Zorro too had one in The Mask of Zorro. Dr. Evil had a few in the Austin Powers films. "The Time Tunnel" was hidden at a massive undergound base. "Torchwood" has their base hidden undergound.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Hammock Rider

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 12:17:50 PM »

Smaug the Golden had a pretty cool lair.

I don't know if this is current, but if you have a few bucks you might buy your own:

http://survivalreview.com/2008/11/11/secret-underground-lair/

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Couchtr26

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »

The Hive from Resident Evil

I know not technically a villains lair.  I did like the somewhat self sufficient nature of it.  However, minuses a computer you can't trust and working with questionable biological material. 

Ah, the good old days.
Couchtr26

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 12:44:02 PM »

Actually, didn't notice this in my first post.  Not sure if that is current but a few former missile sites are for sale.   As are communication bunkers, which if you wanted one would be better they require less cleaning. 

Ah, the good old days.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 03:02:23 PM »

The abandoned underground themepark that the Sawyer family uses in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is pretty cool and creepy.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Underground Lairs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.