Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:09:57 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Have You Ever Got a 100% on a Video Game? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Have You Ever Got a 100% on a Video Game?  (Read 7240 times)
feiyen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 10:05:02 PM »

Castlevania: symphony of the night
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (time travel is a pain)
Legend of Zelda windwaker
Metroid Prime

Almost got Metroid Prime 2 but I always missed something.

currently working on Bayonneta

Me and my partners comics
http://www.eyeshock.com
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 01:37:08 AM »

You can get that last bit of Castlevania: SOTN, but there's a trick. I did it. I think it has something to do with the wolf/bat/mist form.

I think I'm a part of the last generation of gamers. It used to be easy to get 100% because the games themselves were small. There was only so much you could fit in a cartridge.

If a game requires you to collect random things, I will do it. I finished Psychonauts at a 100% value.

Thing is, I don't enjoy it. I'm just trained for it by all the games I've played. Essentially it's just a nervous tick for me to seek out these meaningless parts.

New games are so much more advanced than that. But I'm still caught in my old man way of playing games. I think I would enjoy games much more if I could just play them to play them.

Then again, the only game I've spent a lot on in the past few days is the remake of Monkey Island 2.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 04:15:41 AM »

You normally can get up to 200% on Castlevania SOTN, by finishing both normal and upside-down castles.  But by using the Soul Brothers trick somewhere in the church area you can turn into a bat and fly OUTSIDE the castle, increasing your total to over 200%!  You can get stuck, though; so if you can come back and save your game after exploring a little bit you should.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 07:28:29 PM »

Silent Hill 3 got all the costumes and endings.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare did everything.
GTA Vice City.
Most of the Resident Evils I did everything.

Theirs probably more but thats all I remember off the top of my head.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 12:03:38 AM »

Hmm... Lemme think...

Saints Row
Jak 2
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Galaxy
Plus I did all there is to do (pretty much) on Final Fantasy 6

Other than that, I usually don't bother with full completion.  It all depends on how much of the game I want to experience.  I found that some games (Final Fantasy X-2, especially) have really pointless, irritating, boring, and unrewarding extras. 

If there's one thing I have to say I love about the Saints Row games, though, it's that they're actually worth playing to 100%.  Some of the extras you get actually help you out in the game immensely.  For example, completing all the hit lists in the first game will give you powerful unlockable weapons, or completing the Base Jumping with a triple gold star in the second one will make you immune to falling damage.  Yeah, even if you jump out of a plane at the highest point and hit the ground, you won't take damage. 
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 06:30:03 AM »

I'm working on getting a platinum in Fallout 3 now.  Even though I really disliked the game at first, I dunno...it sort of grew on me after a while  TeddyR  The gaming media really overhypes certain games, and that always leaves me very disappointed.  I have to get past the sky-high expectations before I can really start enjoying it for what it is.  Anyhow, I'm using a trophy guide just to find all the quests.  I don't know how you could ever do it without one, it would take you literally hundreds of hours just to FIND all the quests otherwise. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 11:54:16 PM »

Lessee...I think it was either Pokemon Blue or Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I played them both a lot when I was a kid, so I had nothing better to do with my time back then. Nowadays when I play a game I just go through the main plot because I've got more important and interesting things to do with my time than to look for every single piece of random crap in a game.

I don't mind doing all the side quests in Majora's Mask, though. I quite like the minor characters in the game and I don't mind lending them a hand (especially since doing them all nets you the Fierce Deity mask, aka: the Make-the-Final-Boss-Cry-Like-A-Little-Girl mask).
Starsky
Bad Movie Lover

you play a good game, boy!

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 09:32:10 AM »

Back in the day yes, but these days I'm just not interested in collecting achivments. I just want to finish the main story and move on
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Have You Ever Got a 100% on a Video Game? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.