Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 07:45:19 PM
715946 Posts in 53161 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Please rate my list of Bad movies! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Please rate my list of Bad movies!  (Read 3302 times)
Swamp Thing
Dedicated Viewer

« on: July 14, 2010, 10:05:32 PM »

Hi guys I'm new to the site and I am an avid collector of all kinds of movies but my most loved are my "bad" movies. I really don't see them as "bad" movies though, I see them as "brilliant" movies! I love cheesy horror movies, over-the-top action movies, cult movies, adventure & disaster movies, sword & sorcery movies, 50's monster movies, 80's slasher movies, Italian cannibal movies, Euro horror  movies - you name it I probably like it! I'm also a big fan of Conan rip-offs and Indiana Jones rip-offs. I also have a big thing with 90's, DTV, and TV movies - they rule! Please have a browse at the movies I consider to be so-bad-they-are-great, and just some underrated and overlooked gems. There are some studio movies in there too, but in my opinion they fit in with the list because they feature "B" ingredients. I still have plenty of movies on my "to see" list that will probably join this list one day.

Here we go!

A Nightmare on Elm St: Freddy's Revenge
Alien: Resurrection
Allan Quartermain & The Lost City of Gold
American Ninja Series
American Pie: Naked Mile
American Pie: Beta House
An American Werewolf in Paris
Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid
Asylum
Big Trouble in Little China
Black Christmas (06)
Blood In, Blood Out
Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Boy Eats Girl
Candyman 2,3
Cannibal World (03)
Children of the Corn Series
Child's Play 2,3
Club Dread
Colors
Congo
Conan: The Destroyer
Crows Zero 1,2
Curse of King Tut's Tomb
Dagon
Dante's Peak
Death Race
Deep Rising
Delta Farce
Demolition Man
Dict Tracy
Eagle Eye
Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
Flashback
Fortress
Frankenfish
Freaked
Freddy vs Jason
Give 'Em Hell Malone
Green Street Hooligans
Halloween H20
Honey, I Shrunk The Kids
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
If Looks Could Kill
Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom
Jaws 2
Joy Ride 2: Dead Ahead
Jurassic Park 3
Karate Kid 2
Kickboxer Series
Land of Death (03)
Last Action Hero
Leatherface
Licence To Kill
Lord of the Flies (90)
Masters of the Universe
Mimic 1,2,3
Mortal Kombat 1,2
My Name is Bruce
Ninja Kids
Peter Benchley's The Beast
Phantoms
Planet of the Apes (01)
Prey (09)
Punisher: War Zone
Rattled (96)
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
Rocky 3,4,5
Rambo
Red Sonja
Return to House on Haunted Hill
RoboCop 2
Romancing The Stone
Rumble in the Bronx
Showdown in Little Tokyo
Shrooms
Simon Says
Slither
Snakes on a Plane
Society
Street Fighter 1,2
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4
The Cave
The Blob (88)
The 'burbs
The Faculty
The Forgotten Ones
The Hitcher (07)
The Island of Dr. Moreau (96)
The Lost Boys 2
The Marine 2
The Monster Squad
The Punisher (89)
The Quest
The Rage: Carrie 2z
The Relic
The Running Man
The Sandlot
The Scorpion King
The Substitute
The Tournament
The Wizard
Three Amigos
Ticks
Total Recall
Toy Soldiers
Train
Tremors 1,2,3,4
Urban Legend 2: Final Cut
Vacancy 2
Van Helsing
Vertical Limit
Waterworld
Welcome To The Jungle
Willard (03)
Young Einstein

Abby Arcane: Is there a Mrs. Swamp Thing?
Swamp Thing: No, I'm a bachelor.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 10:41:02 PM »

If you love the 80's, you have to add THE LOST EMPIRE to your list.  Pure B-movie gold.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 09:03:04 AM »

Nice list.  Here are a few comments:

Alien: Resurrection - This movie gave me a headache.  This is just a bad, bad movie and I can't find any enjoyment in it.

Asylum - Are you referring to the movie from the early 1970s?  If so, I find this one to be pretty entertaining.

Big Trouble in Little China - Very fun.

Dante's Peak - I saw this one in the theater. AND bought the DVD.  But I have a large collection of disaster movies, so this one fits in very well.

Fortress - I was surprised at how enjoyable this is.  However, Part II is a huge disappointment.

Planet of the Apes (01) - I saw this one in the theater too . . . and haven't seen it again since then.  May be worth a "fresh" viewing.

The Island of Dr. Moreau (96) - Another theatrical viewing.  Hated it.

Vertical Limit - Typical disaster movie . . . but I like it.

Young Einstein - Never saw a Yahoo Serious movie.  Hopefully, I never will.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 09:26:36 AM »

your list has a lot of what I would call well known movies on it, you might need to dig a bit deeper to uncover some real gems.

first stop would be how about Gymkata http://www.badmovies.org/movies/gymkata/ thanks to this site for making me discover it, think it's still up on youtube the whole film, its hilariously bad

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Hammock Rider

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 09:29:44 AM »

There are a lot of great b movies on that list. It seems like most of them were made before 1980. Go deeper into the jungle my friend. Check the reviews here for movies from the 70s, 60s and earlier. Maybe you have, I just didn't see much on your list.

Also I'd recommend Yor, Hunter from the Future for your 80s viewing pleasure.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 09:32:31 AM »

ALOT of 80's stuff, as well as alot of big studio stuff. Nothing wrong with that. I highly recommend broadening your b-movie eras a bit, as there's lots of wonderful cheese from the 50's through the 70's. I'm surprised at some movies that aren't there, considering the ones listed, the general time periods (80's and 90's mostly), and the genres stated:

Hobgoblins 1,2
The Sword and the Sorcerer
The Hitcher
Flesh and Blood
Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Just to name a few. Here's a few comments on some of your listings:

An American Werewolf in Paris - I liked it, but I'm surprised you don't include the original.

Blood In, Blood Out - A very overlooked gem. I'm convinced that American Me was strongly influenced by it. Plus it's got Danny Trejo, can't go wrong there.

Karate Kid II - Notable because the opening scene was originally shot to be the ending of the first one, something the studio wanted to be included, but the director won the battle and ended the original as it was released.

The Island of Dr. Moreau - Agree with Burgomaster here. The 70's version was a far superior B-movie.

Snakes On A Plane - I didn't expect to like this one, but I did. So amusingly bad.

The Sandlot - I absolutely adore this movie. I can't wait until my two boys are old enough to appreciate it.

Willard (03) - I didn't mind this remake too much, but I do sincerely hope you have seen the original. If you haven't, you have to resolve this immediately.

Vacancy 2 - First I heard of this. Perhaps I'll stick it in my NetFlix queue.

Welcome to the site. You will find it a very good resource for input on a surprisingly diverse array of movies.  

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
claws
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 10:16:21 AM »

Nice list!

Black Christmas (06) - If you enjoyed this one you should check out Sorority Row (2009).
Frankenfish - Big favorite of mine.
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer - I actually prefer I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer.

You might find something of interest from my top 100 list ;)

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,125773.msg282391/topicseen.html#msg282391
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 11:57:44 AM »

I'd give it a "B" for impressive volume.  Can't give an "A" to a collection that has no Ed Wood in it, though.  Wink

Something strange I noticed about your list is you have an awful lot of sequels that don't include the original.  Seems a bit odd to have TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 4 but not the original, to have ALIEN: RESURRECTION but not ALIEN or ALIENS, and so on.  I don't know if that's intentional or not.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Swamp Thing
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 06:34:03 PM »

Hey thanks for the replies guys!

Burgomaster - Asylum is a DTV horror movie with the girl from Disturbia in it. Its a blatant rip-off of the Nightmare on Elm St movies (mainly Part 3) but thats why I love it so much because its not afraid to be a remake without being a remake, if you get what I mean. I'm Australian and I really love Young Einstein, I grew up with it. Its funny as, check it out if you can.

Hammock - I haven't seen Yor. Will add that to my list of movies to see. Yeah most of my movies are from the 80's and 90's, I never really got into 60's movies, but I do like some 70's movies, but they are more exploitation nasties, and this is more of a fun-filled B list.

Flick - I really need to see The Sword & The Sorcerer. Seen the original Hitcher but I put the remake on the B list because the original is a much better film, the remake is just a slick MTV horror movie that gets crapped on everywhere and I'm one of the types of people that likes what everyone else doesn't! Same with American Werewolf. I love the story behind The Island of Moreau and Waterworld. Everyone says how bad the production was, but in my opinion it only helped both films. They are both pure adventure films to me. Yeah I've seen the original Willard but prefer the remake - it is a pretty atmospheric horror film, especially in the scenes in the old house. Vacancy 2 is just your basic DTV sequel, but like I said, I like it because no one else will!

claws - Seen Sorority Row mate. I might point out to you guys that my main genre I like is horror/adventure. And when a movie can blend both of those elements, then it has a chance at becoming a DVD in my collection. Movies like The Exorcist: The Beginning for example. I bloody love that movie! Frankenfish is pure gold.

Rev - I guess I'm just a fan of the lesser known and underrated stuff. To me Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original) isn't a B movie, its one of the better independent horror movies that has been made. But all of the sequels are B movies. With Aliens, its the same. I see Alien and Aliens as decent sci-fi/horror hybrids, but everywhere I read people dump crap on Resurrection for no reason. For gods sake man its got Ron Perlman in it! B Movie God!

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 08:46:48 PM »

Interesting list but man there's so many great and fun B-movies from the 1960s, 1950s and earlier you're really missing out on - every Bad movie fan IMHO should at least see the following which seem to be missing from your list: Plan 9 From Outer Space, The Brain From Planet Arous, Teenagers From Outer Space, The Giant Claw, Maniac (1934), The Beast of Yucca Flats, Robot Monster, The Green Slime, The Brain That Wouldn't Die, Journey to the Seventh Planet, The Killer Shrews, Reptilicus, Space Mutiny, Starcrash, Bride of the Monster, Reefer Madness, Missile to the Moon, Queen of Outer Space, Fire Maidens of Outer Space, Attack of the Monsters to name just some...and I'm really surprised at no Evil Dead movies or Bad Taste not being on your list.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Swamp Thing
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 02:42:46 AM »

Hey Jase I haven't seen quite a few of those, will get some info on them. Some ones from the 50's I liked were Curucu Beast of the Amazon, It Came From Beneath The Sea, and Monster From The Ocean Floor.

DCA, sorry I missed your first post. Gymkata looks bloody fantastic! Know any other cheapo 80's action/martial-arts movies like that?

Firewalker is one I like. And another one called River of Death.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 03:54:52 AM »

And another one called River of Death.

Welcome B and warm greetings from South Africa.  Smile

If I have it right, River of Death was based on the Alistair MacLean novel and was made in South Africa.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 04:29:49 AM »

Welcome B.
Some good choices, and some that made me think of others that were REALLY bad. :)
Like:
The Island (based on the Peter Benchley novel)
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare
Karate Kid III
Burial Ground
Without Warning
Blood Feast

Those are so bad but still hilariously enjoyable.

Some that are just plain fun and are well-made (really probably more cult than bad):

Cannibal: The Musical
The Ebola Syndrome
The Untold Story

Check those out when you get a chance.  And again, welcome to badmovies.org!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 04:38:31 AM »

Welcome B.
Some good choices, and some that made me think of others that were REALLY bad. :)
Like:

Buggedout Buggedout That film........ my folks got highly embarassed when they had to explain to me exactly what the pirate lady was doing to Sir Michael Caine.  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 09:09:46 AM »

Welcome B.
Like:

Buggedout Buggedout That film........ my folks got highly embarassed when they had to explain to me exactly what the pirate lady was doing to Sir Michael Caine.  Buggedout Buggedout

I've never seen it, but when you say "what the pirate lady was doing to Sir Michael Caine," my imagination pretty much takes over from there.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Please rate my list of Bad movies! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.