Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:08:42 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  70's or 80's futuristic film? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 70's or 80's futuristic film?  (Read 5624 times)
gkeller2
New Visitor

« on: July 27, 2010, 05:53:09 AM »

Okay, so back when i was a kid, I watched an futuristic film, probably from the 70's or 80's. It was about a society where the ozone layer was gone and they had moved all of the cities underground and could only come out during the day. At the beginning of the movie the boy (main character) is put out into the sun by bullies and he doesn't burn. He is immune somehow. At the end he gets his girlfriend immune too somehow and they drive off together. I really have been trying to find this movie for a while. Please help if you can~!!!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:21:13 AM »

Sounds like Habitat to me, which is actually from the '90s.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
hedgie
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 07:09:31 PM »

Hello,  I do not know the name of this, but this sounds a lot like a movie/pbs special that my sister had on tape in the mid to late 80s.  I remember the beginning had the scene with the bullys, and also i remember a scene in the middle, where a girl was locked in a closet or something and could not go outside while all the other kids got to go outside during a rainstorm.  Also, I remember everybody was issued environmental safety kits in white styrofoam containers.  Does any of this sound familiar?  I know this was a PBS series aimed at young adults that broadcast it.  Maybe it was a full movie that they edited into that format.  But the show itself had a hot air ballon during the opening credits. It was a pretty serious show, no gore or humor in any of the stories if I recall,  and not necessarily sci fi either, kind of like masterpiece theatre for 14 year olds.   I am pretty hazy on this, hope this is what you are talking about.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 12:45:45 AM »

Hedgie is thinking of Ray Bradbury's "All Summer in a Day" (1982). TV movie adaptation of the touching short story about rain on Venus.
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 09:06:11 AM »

Hedgie is thinking of Ray Bradbury's "All Summer in a Day" (1982). TV movie adaptation of the touching short story about rain on Venus.

Duuuude.  I remember reading that story in school as a kid.  It doesn't fit with this description though, since the other kids on Venus locked the one kid in the closet on the one day every X years when the sun comes out and they get to go out and play.  That was horribly depressing when I read it as an 8 year old, or however old I was.
hedgie
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 10:30:32 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I will try to seek this out.  Still don't know what movie gkeller2 is looking for, but I'm glad I took a shot at it anyway.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 03:11:35 PM »

Okay, so back when i was a kid, I watched an futuristic film, probably from the 70's or 80's. It was about a society where the ozone layer was gone and they had moved all of the cities underground and could only come out during the day. At the beginning of the movie the boy (main character) is put out into the sun by bullies and he doesn't burn. He is immune somehow. At the end he gets his girlfriend immune too somehow and they drive off together. I really have been trying to find this movie for a while. Please help if you can~!!!
Y'mean, "come out at night"? 

Doesn't sound much like this one, but, could it be A BOY AND HIS DOG

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  70's or 80's futuristic film? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.