Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:19:32 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie science 101. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Movie science 101.  (Read 14404 times)
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 17, 2010, 02:29:02 AM »

List the most amazing, incredible and surprising scientific facts you've ever learned from watching bad movies, especially the ones your science teachers never taught you.

Watching "Battle in outer space" taught me that gravity is produced my the motion of atoms(!) and that if you freeze an object to absolute zero(!) it will have no atomic motion and therefore be immune to gravity. A bridge in japan, hit by an invisible alien freeze ray, become white and frosty, then levitates off the ground (I guess there were no bolts holding it in place. Oh, those crazy japanese and their weird engineering...)  then, when the ray is apparently shut off, warms up and falls to the ground.  I mean, this could save a fortune in shipping heavy stuff. Just freeze it to absolute zero, then ship it while it's weightless and not so hard to move. Think of the fuel we'd save! The oil companies must be keeping a lid on this bit of scientific data to keep making money on shipping stuff...

As I watched "The Devil-doll" with Lionel Barrymore I learned that matter was made of atoms and atoms were made of electrons. Electrons are minute bits of electrical energy and if you hook an object up to an empty electrical storage unit it will drain the electricity from the electrons, making the object shrink! Wow! Hey, why aren't we disposing of toxic waste by hooking it up to empty batteries and draining out the electricity till it vanishes altogether, and then using the electricity for something? It's obviously a conspiracy between the energy and waste disposal companies!

Skull
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 08:59:23 AM »

Superman (1978) ~ spinning the Earth backwards reverse time... I'd wonder what would happen if you make the Earth spin forward at a faster pace... (seems like the controls on my DVD player)

The Incredible 2-Headed Transplant (1971) ~ the new head dominates the original head.

Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 09:05:14 AM »

When people disintigrate, there is no smell the other characters need to comment about.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 04:44:28 PM »

The standard of the 1950s: atomic radiation makes almost everything living (bugs, dinosaurs, human beings) that's been exposed grow huge.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 05:32:13 PM »

Square cube law? We don need no stinkin' Square Cube law!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 08:19:37 PM »

When people disintigrate, there is no smell the other characters need to comment about.

Movie?
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 08:49:07 PM »

The standard of the 1950s: atomic radiation makes almost everything living (bugs, dinosaurs, human beings) that's been exposed grow huge.
There is an exception to this.  If it's a person that's exposed, they might just turn into a hideous mutant instead. 
Skull
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 08:57:30 PM »

Live and Let Die (1973)  ~ a strong magnet can be used to unzip a womans dress...
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 09:16:06 PM »

The Core (2003) -

All of the science in that movie is totally legit. All of it. I don't care what the scientists say.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 12:49:15 AM »

There is an exception to this.  If it's a person that's exposed, they might just turn into a hideous mutant instead. 

I think we're forgetting "the incredible shrinking man".
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 01:32:58 AM »

I think we're forgetting "the incredible shrinking man".

Well, that's pushing the envelop for you.

dean

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 02:21:18 AM »

Live and Let Die (1973)  ~ a strong magnet can be used to unzip a womans dress...

If someone could invent a magnet to unclip a woman's bra the world would be a much better place...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 02:00:21 PM »

If atomic radiation from an atomic explosion doesn't make things grow huge, shrink people or turn people into hideous mutants, it's still prone to waking up hideous monsters frozen in the Arctic or awakening them from some other means of slumber.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 02:30:34 PM »

The whole premise of "Mac and Me", a being from a distant planet's natural staple in their diet is a liquid that is manufactured on Earth. This suggests that indeed Coca-Cola is a possible naturally occurring product throughout the entire universe, it just so happens that on Earth it is a man made concoction.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 03:04:45 PM »

The whole premise of "Mac and Me", a being from a distant planet's natural staple in their diet is a liquid that is manufactured on Earth. This suggests that indeed Coca-Cola is a possible naturally occurring product throughout the entire universe, it just so happens that on Earth it is a man made concoction.

That's funny. George Carlin once made a speculative observation that perhaps the whole purpose of human beings was to provide plastic for the Earth. The Earth needed plastic, and didn't know how to make it, needed us. Could be the answer to the age-old question "Why are we here?"

Answer: "Plastic, a***ole."

He went on to say that, now that the Earth has plastic, the human race can now be phased out.

He was also the first to admit he had a sick sense of humor.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie science 101. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.